Since the upgrade the product search is not working for many CJ merchants, for example Catalog City and others. When you search for the name of any product, the results are zero. Also, the search for links with a "By Relationship" limitation does not work. It brings up ALL the merchants including the ones that you don't have a relationship with.

Ken

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I'd be hysterical but I'm working on other projects at this point.

Todd, why is it so difficult for you guys to get the product searches to work? Does your upgrade team have a mental block about this, or is it simply the lowest priority at CJ?

I find the product link at CJ to be as much if not more of a nightmare as ppc or SEO. If you don't hit the exact name that the merchant uses for the product, forget it, it shows no return! You have to do many searches to make sure you didn't miss anything for the product you want. It's ridiculous!

I have to open the merchant website in another window and go through everything to make sure I didn't miss something I want.

If you're too generic, you end up with pages and pages of irrelevant stuff. If you're too specific, you have zero return. ARGHHHHHHH!

Maybe if it's broken AGAIN this time they will give us categories at least to choose from! This guessing game really sucks!

Catwoman

15 years and counting
    So, I'm not alone. When is CJ going to do something to help the affiliates. We don't need cosmetic changes just for the pleasure to wear our new glasses.

I sent them a notice last nite. It may have been temporary, or they may still be tweaking the upgrade, since I doubt that they have seen the notice. It appears to be working now (at least partially). I can now find the product links that I was looking for which appeared prior to the update.

However, it appears that the the search for product links with the "By Relationship" limitation still does not work. It brings up ALL the merchants including the ones that you don't have a relationship with. I can live with that, but it may be a problem for some affiliates.

Ken

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread