Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like I am supposed to believe I got 1000 hits yesterday and NO sales, yeah right.

And oh by the way CJ, thanks ever so much for turning part of my stats back on. It is amazing how I went from 3 impressions a day (if lucky) all frickn' month to 1000 in one day!!! :eek:

Now, how about turing the rest of my stats on as well.

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I had 267 merchant hits yesterday and no sales. CJ is biging to look a lot like Linkshare.

freesurf

I beat you by 1, I had 268 hits and not one sale.

The day before I had even more hits and not one sale, in fact my last sale was 24th [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

I think nowadays I am doing better with Amazon
    :eek:
    Never thought I would have to say that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

[ 11-28-2001: Message edited by: Gordon ]

Over 500 click throughs before a sale finally showed up today. Unfortunately one that will probably be reversed but at least something finally showed up. Stats are definately messed up. I'm still showing a sale for the 22nd that was posted in my monthly stats the 25th but isn't in any daily stats.

Todd, I'm not complaining though. Because we know what happens to people who complain.

Look at you talking about sales. Can you beleive I had NO HITS on Cj today!?! :confused: [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] :mad: :mad: :mad:

Even in the first few days of the existence of my site when I had like .... ummmm.... 5 visitors per day I had more hits then 0

What the hell is going on with CJ tracking, it is freaking me out!? I had no reports earlier today. What the .....!?!?!?! :mad:

ABW Ambassador
    And I thought it was just me !

Now you know why they took down the CJU forums. Why let a few that actually know the difference inform all the others about how bad the tracking sucks at times !!!

For the past three days, it's been going down hill again. What is their problem anyway ??? Even the impressions are nowhere near accurate !

Never thought I'd say this, but thank god for Linkshare - My lead stats have tripled over there since the new yahoo/overture parnership . I still have a few listings going (some old reliable ones ), but everything from CJ is practically dead for the past three days !

So, Leader... how about you ?
    Let me just guess ... your sites are tracking just fine ?

Lisa

[ 11-28-2001: Message edited by: Lisa ]

ABW Ambassador
    Does anyone really believe that CJ turns on and off individual's stats? I know there are obvious glitches where everyone is affected, but managing indivudal affiliates stats on a one-off basis?

Seems a bit incredible to me.

And in the offline retail world, there are days when you have a bejiliion people walk through the front door and nobody buys anything... and the next day 3 people walk in and they all buy tons of stuff.

I just have a tough time believing CJ goes around tweaking individual stats... beyond the fact that it would be a technical nightmare, I can't imagine the resources it would take...

ABW Ambassador
    I can't answer for Leader, but yep, my sales are tracking just fine (thank you googlebot for the traffic this week).

ABW Ambassador
    Cedric- No, I don't believe that CJ turns off/on an individuals stats, but I do believe the tracking is currently F'ked Up !

Lisa

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    but I do believe the tracking is currently F'ked Up

Temporary F'ups I do believe in. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Does anyone really believe that CJ turns on and off individual's stats?

Why else would Leader be so afraid to make critical comments about CJ unless she were afraid of this type of thing?

ABW Ambassador
    ...lol... ah, Jimbo, you are such a cut-up, you nearly made me snort diet coke through my nose on that one...

but seriously, folks, do people really think this is an issue of concern?

Just my ...

quote:

It can be done easily !

quote:
    but seriously, folks, do people really think this is an issue of concern?

Ummmm, since it can be done ... it would be an idea to address it.

Haiko

quote:

[QB]
    QB]

Uh, yes :rolleyes:

Why else would my hit stats all of a sudden rise so dramatically after I B!+@^& about them.

Maybe if I jumped up and down and showed my they would turn them back on.

Or perhaps what I need to do is a total Kiss approach whilst saying CJ, you da man

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 11-28-2001: Message edited by: Vicki ]

i could understand someone at cj thinking that it would be a laugh to turn off haikos tracking but why would they pick on little o'l vicki

BTW: my tracking is lovely, rugged and handsome, a bit like my hero whos name ryhmes with sexy

Austin,

quote:
    my tracking is lovely, rugged and handsome, a bit like my hero whos name ryhmes with sexy

The problem is that most affiliates stats rhyme with my name ... psycho! :eek:

Haiko
    PS No one is allowed to say Haiko the psycho and that includes you Lex!

Everything will soon be ok. I have just e-mailed CJ.

quote:
    Hi there
    Has somebody in the office accidently turned off the sales tracking? :-) it seems to have got stuck for the past 4 days.
    regards
    Gordon Skevy
    YouTrek
    Gordon@youtrek.com
    CJ affiliate ID xxxxxx http://www.youtrek.com http://www.backpackingmall.com

You never know it just might work [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    what's it like when Hell freezes over? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

LMAO, Austin. Hmmm Haiko, I never thought about your name before.

All I know is I want my Ink Sales to get back to normal or else.

CJ is history. It should be blantatly obvious what they are doing: the commissions are there but they are keeping them and are not crediting them to the affiliates. When a business entity is about to go bust the stratagy ALWAYS is to get as much cash out of it for the business owners as possible before the bankruptcy. And if you don't believe that why doesn't CJ put 110% of their efforts into accurate tracking since 30% of gross commissions are theirs? Answer is 100% is better than 30%. The party is over, done, fini. Thanks for the ride CJ!

Hey Cedric,

Yeah I think its possible. Dunno why they'd do it as surely it means CJ won't get their 30 cents.

Around the 20th of this month my sales were waaaaay down. But during all this they have been - probably normal for this time of year.

It might be interesting to look for patterns and see if the same group of people complain at the same time.

f

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "So, Leader... how about you ?
    Let me just guess ... your sites are tracking just fine~Lisa"

Yep!!! (Seriously!)

Like Austin noticed in another thread, and I agreed, his, mine, and who knows who else's stats seem to go in reverse. You guys complain, our stats are up. But if you guys are "Yes"-ing, our stats are down.

"All I know is I want my Ink Sales to get back to normal or else.~Packy"

It looks like I'll be seeing YOU in the arena of competition...guess who's been making more Ink pages lately (me)?? At least you'll know where your sales went now [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

T-Bone, CJ isn't history. People have been saying that for over a year and CJ's still cranking away! LOL, if every company someone predicted Death for really died, there wouldn't be ANY companies left at all!

ABW Ambassador
    My .02...

I'm havin a piss poor day all around. Two lousy sales today (cj & ind. prog). Haven't seen a sale at LS for about four days, BF for a week or more.

My ind programs usually are good for at least $100 a day, but today....natta

I think it's just the luck of the draw - todays my day to make sh**! It happens to the best of us.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

quote:
    why would they pick on little o'l vicki
    Why would they pick on me? As a matter of fact why would they pick on anyone. :confused:

Update on my site: Second day starting off with the hits and impressions being a big 0

Please, please, please, please, CJ turn on my tracking again. But, what did I do wrong???????? I was always joking when I was saying bad things about you.

Ugh!!!!! How come it's taking longer and longer in the past few days for CJ to update the stats....
    How come there are heaps of hits and....
    with chicken feed sales when I'm sending 1/3 of the traffic to 3 LS merchants and getting better conversions
    Well, I may as well mess around here playing with smilies then look at my stats

Ummm..Just had a thought, should this have been posted in the MidnightCafe with a double scotch?

[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: mousejockey ]

LMAO Leader,

quote:
    "All I know is I want my Ink Sales to get back to normal or else.~Packy"

It looks like I'll be seeing YOU in the arena of competition...guess who's been making more Ink pages lately (me)?? At least you'll know where your sales went now

Bring it on, he he he. Hey no fair though, your on CJ's good server. I'm on the tracking don't work whiner server.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast