Talk ABout CJ pissing me off. Look at this wonderful letter i got from them accusing me of something i would never do.

In accordance with the Commission Junction Publisher Service Agreement,(
    http://www.cj.com/pub_agreement.asp ), you are being warned for inflating
    traffic to one or more of your affiliated advertisers. You may not generate
    clicks or transactions for the advertisers you are affilaited unless you have
    documented authorization from the advertiser. As a result, your account is under
    payout review. If you are found to remain non compliant during the next payout
    review cycle (approx 30 days), your account will be deactivated.

If you have any questions, please reply to this email.

Sincerely,
    Network Quality

Talk About B.S Now why would i do something like inflate my traffic. Im not even sure how the hell i would Inflate my traffic.

"im am so close to just leaving cj and going looking else where for a good afilliate program"

Could it be because you use AdWords to link directly to the Merchants, and don't link to your own website?

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...7306#755107306

That seems to me like you'd be inflating the Merchants traffic, instead of sending the traffic to your site, then having the customer click through . . .

Jason

quote:
    You may not generate
    clicks or transactions for the advertisers you are affilaited unless you have
    documented authorization from the advertiser.

Just curious if you are using incentive programs??? Perhaps offering an reward or something for a visitor to perform an action? I believe incentive traffic is against the TOS unless you have permission from both the merchant and CJ. Either way, ask CJ to explain. I'm impressed that they may be giving the affiliates the 30 day compliance period now.
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    PPCSE trickery is so common it's no longer a skill set.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

i dont have a website thas the whole point of using adwords. and im not using any incentive.

its not a big deal cj was not paying out to me anymore in 2 weeks my sakes slumped to 0. so i was looking aroun d for better programs anyway. but thanks for ur input.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Adwords is the only PPCSE with any ethics when catching those hawking trademarks, brands, URL spoofs and they do not feed the BHO search bars with junk traffic clicks to drain accounts.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

"i dont have a website thas the whole point..."

ABW Ambassador
    anolian, from "I love CJ and just got my first check" to "I hate CJ and no biggie as I was moving on" all in 11 days. Amazing.

This is why we don't need a "How old are you thread".

Chet

I think the first Paragraph covers the problem in the CJ TOS;

quote:
    This Publisher Service Agreement (hereinafter the "Agreement") is made by and agreed to between Commission Junction, Inc. ("CJ"), and you ("You"). As an application service provider, CJ facilitates "Performance Marketing Programs" through provision of services ("Network Service") via the Internet. A "Performance Marketing Program" (or "Program") is where a person, entity, affiliate or its agent operating one or more "Web site(s)" (domain or portion of a domain within the Internet and/or subscription email list(s) ("Publisher") may earn financial compensation ("Payouts") for "Transactions" (actions by Visitors as defined by the Advertiser ) made from such Publisher's Web site or subscription emails through a click made by a "Visitor" (any person or entity that is not the Publisher or the Publisher's agent) through an Internet connection ("Link") to a Web site or Web site content operated by another person or entity ("Advertiser"). The Advertiser compensates the Publisher, in accordance with this Agreement and the Program Payout specifications.

My guess is that the part about having a website or mailing list might be a hint here Otherwise you would most likely need permission from CJ and the Merchant. I'm guessing the only merchants you have are auto approval merchants
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Hey Chez Noir u no u have no life when u track all of my post that i have potsed since i started. like u have

Internet Cowboy
    You might want to hold on to that $1900 you posted in the Midnight Cafe that you made.
    Without a web site you will have a tough time making money as an affiliate marketer.

quote:
    Originally posted by Chez Noir:
    anolian, from "I love CJ and just got my first check" to "I hate CJ and no biggie as I was moving on" all in 11 days. Amazing.

This is why we don't need a "How old are you thread".

Chet

so true!!
    Ebudae

Affiliate marketing with no website? And CJ has a problem with that? I wonder why...

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    I have found that affiliate marketing works well when one has a website.

Wayne

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    They gave you a whole month to get a site up. You should be glad--sometimes they boot affiliates without warning.

If you're a cheapskate, go on over to www.5dollarhosting.com and get a cheapie hosting account there. I would have said go to Angelfire, which is free, but their popups and download-attempts are sales killers. (I don't know how good (or ungood) 5dollarhosting.com is, but you don't seem to want to spend any money on hosting and it's cheap there...)

Put up a decent sales pitch and then send the AdWords traffic to your own site. Make sure the Money Links are easy to find on your pages! IF you write a good pitch, your CR should go up since most merchants still don't do so hot at getting people's buying mood to "critical mass."

If you just haven't made a site due to laziness, you're SOL, unless you can convince your merchants and CJ to allow you to continue sending traffic direct to them via AdWords.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Just curious -

quote:
    ...unless you can convince your merchants and CJ to allow you to continue sending traffic direct to them via AdWords

Personally I wouldn't want to do this business without a website (buiding is the best part second only to getting checks!) but - why would a merchant care if someone sends them traffic through adwords?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

ABW Ambassador
    anolian, while thanks for posting to prove my point.

To see what someone has posted, all you need to do is click on the Posts: #### and it will display all of their posts. Since you chose to post two poorly worded anti-cj posts today, I clicked.

While I wish I was hip enough to post "u no u have no life", i think you can see, my having a life or not having a life, has no impact on my ability to make one mouse click.

Chet

Chez -
    u meen u just 1/2 2 ------> & click?

C - I learned something new 2day.
    Thanx.

Sorry - I just couldn't resist.

-Christopher Morley

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    why would a merchant care if someone sends them traffic through adwords?

Beats me, but it seems that one of Anolian's merchants had a problem with it. Personally I think a merchant should be glad if someone is willing to take all the advertising risk to peddle their stuff!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

quote:
    Personally I think a merchant should be glad if someone is willing to take all the advertising risk to peddle their stuff!

My thought as well.

-Christopher Morley

Lets be careful not to discourage anolian ...

Honestly though, you should create a website. Yes, it does take time ... but it is easy enough if you can find a simple HTML tutorial and have a little creativity.

Provide something New and Different on your website ... not just a link farm, if you know what I mean.

Just my two cents ...

Jason

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    The shortened link with no 1x1 pixel image registers a click but no impression at CJ. This could trigger some sort of "inflated clicks" warning.

Some merchnants don't mind ppc linking directly to site and some do. Those that mind don't want ppc rates inflated for themselves without the extra web(site) exposure. I personally don't like direct linking - it always seemed to be too easily derailed, unlike a website with something more to offer.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

quote:
    Originally posted by anolian:
    i dont have a website thas the whole point of using adwords. and im not using any incentive.

its not a big deal cj was not paying out to me anymore in 2 weeks my sakes slumped to 0. so i was looking aroun d for better programs anyway. but thanks for ur input.

if you dont have a website, how then did you apply to cj at the first place ? werent you required to have some sort of a personal site ?

Anolian,

Just like most people have mentioned here it's a really good idea to get a website set up. Consider taking their advice, because they've been doing this.

Think about picking out a subject that interested you and build a site around it with products you can recommend.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread