Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    I was looking at their site and I noticed this today on the page of their most popular item that they sell which is Strivectin. This is what it says:

"I want your best price on StriVectin SD:

Please Note: By entering your E-mail address here you will receive only one E-mail message from us and we will immediately delete it after we send you our current best price.

Or, if you prefer, just call us 24 hours a day, toll free at 888.371.7546 or International customers call 916.475.1464."

Wouldn't you consider that A BIG leak for the affiliates?? To advertise the toll free number right under their most popular item and to actually say e-mail us or CALL us for the best price. Don't you think most people will call and then give their order over the phone??

ABW Ambassador
    Hi,
    Can someone please reply to this thread.
    I recently joined this program and most of my sales have been Strivectin. Since this toll free number was added right under this product, I have not made any sales. Based on the experience of the readers here do you think this needs to be addressed with the AM.
    Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    Yes i would address it with the AM, but i would also look at this, nice option

http://www.evitamins.com/searchpage....=yes&x=25&y=10

Same price, and they have free overnight shipping.

I think you should definitely address this with the AM. Since there are other options, tell them to fix the leak or you will be promoting their competition within the hour!

Merchants that pull these stunts really stink.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    How do they go about setting up the 800 toll free number situation where a code is generated from an affiliate site, so the affiliate gets the sale if they call. Do they do that through cj or on their own?

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Trust number 1,
    Thanks for the info on that site.

ABW Ambassador
    No problem, they also have a couple of forums here and a real helpful AM. They have a CJ forum and also an inhouse program with a forum here that i highly recommend.

What do you find is the best way to make sure your links are tracking accurately with CJ? We have had a problem with it for a while, that is th ereason why I cring when I see that a merchant is with CJ or Befree.
    mainreviewer
    www.discountshoppingnews.com
    www.allprowebdesigns.com
    www.savecashshopping.com
    www.advantagesaver.com
    www.stediwattsales.com
    www.aplusenergy.com

any word from the skinstore AM on this infoseeker?

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Nuke,
    No, not yet. I e-mailed him once before with questions about his program before I joined but I never heard back from him then either.

Maybe someone who has been with his program for a long time can contact him. Maybe they would have better luck.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Everybody,

Wanted to give you an update on two issues related to the SkinStore program. Based on feedback from Publishers, customers calling for coupons and prices on products (StriVectin-SD) are no longer given the option to place an order over the phone. I just called the 1800 number and verified this. They are given a coupon that's good for online orders only.

Also, our technical team has verified that tracking links in the SkinStore customer newsletters are NOT overwriting any existing Publisher cookies.

Cory and I are 100% dedicated to to this program. SkinStore is the #1 ranked cosmetics merchant on CJO - you're not going to find better conversions or commissions anywhere!

I am available for questions or comments.

Amy
    CJ Account Manager
    AIM: amyslehman

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by hawaii50:
    Also, our technical team has verified that tracking links in the SkinStore customer newsletters are NOT overwriting any existing Publisher cookies.
    I am available for questions or comments.

Amy
    CJ Account Manager
    AIM: amyslehman

How about Cory;s skinstore mirror sites that are in the top 10 to 20 in google for the search word strivectin. Are the tracking links in those sites overwriting the affiliates cookie. Can you check those out too? Here are just a few.

strivectin.00freehost.com/

strivectin.schoolreference.com

authentic-strivectin.com/

authentic-strivectin.netfirms.com/

Allergy direct, salu and the skinstore are all related to the same company
    Thanks

How do you know those are his sites? Just wondering about proof, cause this is pretty serious.

No sense in making sites for a merchant that makes a bunch of sites for itself, especially when they know the most popular products to sell.

ABW Ambassador
    "How do you know those are his sites? Just wondering about proof, cause this is pretty serious.

No sense in making sites for a merchant that makes a bunch of sites for itself, especially when they know the most popular products to sell."

I think it is pretty obvious. Go look closely at the sites and you will be able to figure out that they are the skinstore not affiliate sites. Many of the affiliates figured it out months ago when it first started with one and now there are 4 that we know of all. If you want to prove me wrong I don't mind. I actually would be happy.

just by looking ? that's an odd way of proving something.

I'm not going to spend anytime proving anything one way or the other, I was just asking you.

ABW Ambassador
    It says copyright allergy direct on the bottom of a couple of the sites. (Now I don't know how long it will stay there. LOL) Look up the WHOIS for skinstore.com and allergydirect.com. Guess what; it is the same. Registrant: Salu, Inc. 11344 Coloma Rd. Suite 605 Gold River, CA 95670 US

But actually, my concern to AMY was not the actual sites. I just want to make sure that the affiliates cookies are not overwritten if someone clicks on the links.

Affiliate Network Rep
    There is nothing wrong with SkinStore getting organic ranking and traffic through these pages. And we have had CJ Tech confirm that cookies are not being overwritten.

I also want to reiterate, that the 1800 # leak HAS BEEN FIXED. I think we should focus on the POSITIVE efforts this merchant is making, rather than highlighting [non] issues in a negative light.

Amy

ABW Ambassador
    Non-issue? I'm not a Skinstore affiliate but to me it's a pretty big issue. I wouldn't want to promote a merchant that creates it's own affiliate sites for seo rankings.

The reason is that the merchant can see what their best affiliates are doing and if the affiliate's traffic is coming through seo what's to stop a merchant from taking the affiliate's seo and using it on their own affiliate sites? Err ... nothing?

I agree.. I was just about to implement their datafeed, but I think I'll go with someone else for the time being.

Not only can they see what their best affiliates are doing, they can see the most popular products to promote, and perhaps give themselves exclusive promotions for those products.

SEO is tough enough as it is, I'm not going to compete with my own affiliated merchant.

Sorry.

Internet Cowboy
    Take it from someone who built a site around Skinstore, it isn't worth it. It is high on my list of priorities to drop them all together and move on to evitamins and others.
    Not to mention the fact that they extend everything then lie to you and tell you they have a cool new site and a larger commission structure on the way. They are in bed with too many others and now they are purposely trying to divert sales from affiliates.
    You can buy from them on Amazon at lower prices than we sell at. Yet another reason.
    I strongly recommend that any affiliate getting in to the skin care arena avoid them.

ABW Ambassador
    E-vitamins is great for certain products and they have a wonderful affiliate manager, always available. But to get the same products as skinstore.com another option is greatskin.com. They are very good, have a datafeed and also a WONDERFUL affiliate manager who is always available. Both are very VERY affiliate friendly programs.

Internet Cowboy
    Thanks for the info, Info.
    Skinstore is definitely NOT affiliate friendly.

I often wonder why these companies join the likes of CJ if they aren't going to leverage it to benefit of the affiliates, hence the benefit of their company.

Perhaps they join only to have an affiliation with the high-volume parasites. Either way, it is to their advantage to be "affiliate friendly".

Oh well...ciao Skinstore!

quote:
    Originally posted by infoseeker:
    E-vitamins is great for certain products and they have a wonderful affiliate manager, always available. But to get the same products as skinstore.com another option is greatskin.com. They are very good, have a datafeed and also a WONDERFUL affiliate manager who is always available. Both are very VERY affiliate friendly programs.

I have read some of the posting related to SkinStoreand the only conclusions I can come to are that certain individuals have alternative motives and reasons why they spread untruths and cast a negative light on certain affiliate programs like SkinStore. Most are probably to due personal issues as opposed to business issues.

Amy our CJ Account Manger responded to this thread to let you all know that we made changes to address some of your concerns, posted here but never communicated directly to us, to our e-mail or call for best price for StriVectin SD. Which by the way is only one of over 1,500 products we carry.

You say we are not "affiliate friendly" and recommend inferior programs that offer 8% to 10% commissions (compare to our 15%) with no where near the high quality selection, prices points and service we offer, just because you say they have a “wonderful” affiliate manager?

What’s unfriendly about our top affiliates making over $18,000 commissions in any given month? What’s unfriendly about 100’s of our affiliates making over $2,000 commissions per month. What’s unfriendly about 1,000’s of our affiliates making $100’s of dollars each month? You don’t become #1 and have EPC’s consistently in the $25-$40 range by being unfriendly.

For those of you seeking the truth I would suggest you contact the source.

_For those of you seeking the truth I would suggest you contact the source._[/QUOTE]

I entered the above posting. Sorry for any confusion.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm not an affiliate of either Skinstore or eVitamins and I don't have an "alternative motive" as you call it. I stand by my original post. IF you are creating affiliate sites and competing with your own affiliates then that is a very affiliate un-friendly practice.

Who cares what percentage you pay if you are going to compete with your own affiliates in seo then the true affiliates will lose.

How do we know that some or all of your top affiliates aren't really "your" affiliate sites, sites that have leveraged the seo skills of your true affiliates? IF you are creating your own affiliate sites and seo'ing them we simply don't know. That uncertainty is too much for me to consider your program.

While it's nice that you plugged one leak, it seems you have a couple of others to plug.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast