quote:

Ad serving is intermittently unavailable [Updated: July 22, 2004 3:55 PM PDT]

Users have been experiencing intermittent loss of ad serving since approximately 11:30 am (PDT). We have identified the cause of this issue and have put measures into place to resolve the situation. During this period, tracking and recording of transactions have and will continue to be fully functional. We understand that this is a major concern for our clients and we appreciate your patience as we resolve the issue. We will post updates to the site to keep you informed.
    If everything is still tracking as it should do why do we need to have the 1x1 pixel image?

img src="http://www.qksrv.net/image-xxxxxx-xxxxxx" width="1" height="1" border="0"

img src="http://www.qksrv.net/image-xxxxxx-xxxxxx" width="468" height="60" alt="Sell your item on eBay!" border="0"

I noticed that they both come from the same place, so how can they track if they are not sent in the first place? Are we wasting our time putting the 1x1 pixels up?
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Tracking and recording of *transactions* is supposed to be normal. Impression tracking is probably shot to h*ll...

The 1x1 px. in our links only tracks impressions, not transactions.

I think the links (text and banner) will keep tracking transactions, if clicked, but when people see the X'd banner slots it will hurt conversions and clickthrough rates due to the pages looking half-dead.

Sux!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Yes you are right again Leader ...
    it will be the impressions that dont track.
    I realise now my mistake thanks
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, but like Leader says; if you have banners you will only see a red X, so loss of sales will occur.

That would explain my click count today

CDC

I didn't even realize that this was happening until late this evening when I logged in to CJ. That's just dandy considering that I've probably lost revenue, not only from sales, but from Google AdWords as well. Nobody would buy when they are confronted with red "X's" all over a page. Damn if it's not one thing it's another - always something screwed up

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread