ABW Ambassador
    Wow, my money is already in my bank account! Whoever thought the money would be there a day earlier than usual?

CJ made me a happy camper today.

Internet Cowboy
    Mine hit this morning too!!

It's not early. It's right on time.

In this biz there's nothing like on-time payments. Kudos to CJ!
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know about right on time..this is the first time since I've had direct deposit that the money was there on the 20th and not the 21st.

Either way, money is money and I'll take what I can get. And, Akiva is right..Kudos to CJ for always being somewhat prompt with payment, unlike other affiliate companies.

Considering they already had the money in their account for about a month, paying on the 20th isn't really that impressive. (Linkshare catches some major heat for sometimes taking a week or more to process and mail affiliate checks after the merchant pays.) What IS impressive is that CJ requires (many/most) merchants to maintain an escrow account. That's how they're able to pay so "quick". (Their consistency is also impressive.)

I have some independent merchants who pay within the first week (and often the first business day) of the month. I have some BeFree and Linkshare merchants that pay before the 20th.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    aargh! just ONCE I want to be the first. mine's there. I blame the time-zone difference!!

right under the cj deposit is the performics deposit (actually, dated 7/19)

while I LOVE people depositing money in my account, shouldn't there be a notification. (Not complaining - I love a happy suprise!)

ABW Ambassador
    Well, with CJ the money gets debited from your account, so you know you're getting paid any day. With Performics, they usually send an email. I, however, haven't even gotten paid from Performics this month, so consider yourself lucky.

To Michael...CJ has an escrow account, yes, but how many times have you had a payment extended due to no funds? It sounds like they let those escrow accounts go into the red. But you're right..at least they have them; we got screwed for about 1k by a BeFree new merchant, you'd think they'd require new merchants to have escrow accounts..duh..only makes sense.

As for them having our money all month, yep, they do, but it's better than chasing it down from indies that don't pay, or pay quarterly and then forget to pay. At least with CJ we know what to expect.

I've noticed some merchants are screwy for instance one that used to be a CJ, and now is at LS. We ended up getting two checks this month. For April and May. So, usually, one never knows when those will get paid up.

Either way, I'll take what I can get, when I can get, as I'm sure most of us do.

Robin

I am a new affiliate(joined in June). How long do I have to wait to receive my first check? weeks or months?

ABW Ambassador
    I'm totally jaded about CJ these days.. they still haven't paid me for may and apparently it takes more than a month to speak to the bank about the check.

Dammit, CJ employees wouldn't wait two months for their wage.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by guo14976:
    I am a new affiliate(joined in June). How long do I have to wait to receive my first check? weeks or months?

I am not sure, but I think the minimum is $75.00 and I think your first payment would be in Sept. I think.

ABW Ambassador
    guo,

You have to earn a minimum of $50 I believe to receive a check and I think you get paid about 2 months after you get that level. CJ pays on the 21st (this month 20th) of each month like clockwork.

SO, if you reach that level for July, expect your first check in September. And, direct deposit is the way to go because it can often take a week to get a paper check from coast to coast.

http and a telephoto
    I agree, it was nice to see the direct deposit sitting there I wasn't sure if I would get one this month or if it would be held until next month. And I think the minimum is $25, or you might be able to specify.

And I also agree with Michael, some reliable indies cut checks on (or even the day before!) the first of the month. They are usually pretty nice sized too, so I appreciate the promptness! All in all, it is just nice to know when the money is coming....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

quote:
    Originally posted by REM:
    guo,

You have to earn a minimum of $50 I believe to receive a check and I think you get paid about 2 months after you get that level. CJ pays on the 21st (this month 20th) of each month like clockwork.

SO, if you reach that level for July, expect your first check in September. And, direct deposit is the way to go because it can often take a week to get a paper check from coast to coast.

First payment may take a little longer.

Infoseeker, REM
    Thank you for your info. I guess I just have to wait. It was fun to see the $ amount getting bigger everyday.

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry, I think loxly is right..25..you can be sure however, that CJ's merchants generally pay. We've never had a problem. And yep, when that check comes it's a nice payday, especially as it grows.

Indies that cut a check on the 30/31st are great, even though they drive me nuts with the bookkeeping when a sale comes thru on the last day but too late to get paid.

I wish there was one company that we could connect with to process all payments and make us one lump sum payment a month. I think we now get about 30 different checks a month.

quote:
    Originally posted by REM:
    I think we now get about 30 different checks a month.
    What a thing to complain about! Imagine getting a payday every day.

I'm in the same boat, though (except with more checks than that). I wish all networks did consolidated payments and direct deposit like CJ.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread