The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I've been an affiliate of shindigz for quite a while now, 2 years. And they seem to be very nice people. Anyway do no reason, they decided to change their terms, for no reason, it used to be easy 10% commission 45 day cookie. Now its:
    Commission 5.00%

Performance Incentive For Total Sales Amount equal to or greater than $75.00 USD increase commission by 2.00%.
    For Total Sales Amount equal to or greater than $250.00 USD increase commission by 3.00%.
    30 day commission, this in effect for the same sales over $250 costs me $8.

I complained, asked them if it was an ultimatum, take it or leave it, my last message hasn't been replied to (first 2 message was replied to).

So what did I do, I scavenged the internet for a replacement, I found http://thepartyworks.com/. They seem like nice people, a mother and daughter, they pay on the 15th of every month, no minimum. Anyway, 12% commission with 40 day cookie. A party site is a party site. So I want divesting myself from shindigz to this new site.

I suggest you do the same, I don't understand why a merchant would alienate a affiliate for $8.

Mike

ABW Ambassador
    They look nice, i like these type of mom and pop merchants and was ready to sign up but not seeing any terms.

https://thepartyworks.com/affiliate_terms.php

Will send them an email.

Figures. Just when my party supply store was starting to get some page rank. Now I know why people make mall sites.

Murphys Law at work again hitting one of my sites that wasn't googlefried!

Agh! an affiliates life is never boring

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    This is trhe email I got from them when I asked about it b4 joining.
    -------------------------
    Thank you for writing. Due to some technical problem that is yet unresolved, there is no link to our Terms of Agreement for any other questions you may have so I'd like to briefly go over them in this e/mail. I believe it answers all the questions in your e/mail (which is at the bottom of this message)

This is our seventh year of doing Internet business and we live by our firm convictions and Mission Statement to promote 'integrity on the web'. Our agreement is standard, nothing hidden. It says that payment is made to you monthly (15th of the following month) no matter the amount, commission is 12% except on sale items and cancelled orders, commission on revised orders are adjusted, we provide banners, we can provide special coding if you want to link to specific pages on our web site to direct your visitors to what they are looking for when they visit, we offer a 40 day cookie which means that when someone coming from your website to our website will be remembered for 40 days -- this is significant because a majority of people do not order the first time and this allows our affiliate reps to have a chance at making money.

Being an affiliate is great but it does take work to promote your website. The more effort you put in, the more money you will make. It takes a lot of work... just ask us! For years we'd start working at our homes (my daughter and me) about 3:30am every morning before going to the office... and it was worth it even if we are tired, tee hee. Also, you can check your own reports anytime day or night, seven days a week. As a side note, we provide outstanding customer service to ALL our customers, we treat them as if they were family.

Our affiliate program is up and running and I'm glad you have decided to use our company. In your promotional efforts, I'd like to suggest you push the cake decorations as well as the party supplies -- you'll get a lot more traffic to your web site.

Good luck and thank you!

Take care,
    Mary Ann

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread