I received a virus (MyDoom.O) sent *only* to an email address used by CJ and its merchants. Specificially, the email originated from 207.71.241.81, registered to:

OrgName: Silicon Beach Communications
    OrgID: SBC
    Address: 501 Bath Street
    City: Santa Barbara
    StateProv: CA
    PostalCode: 93101

The body of the email read:

quote:
    Dear user **munged**, Mail server administrator of **munged** would like to let you know that,

Your e-mail account has been used to send a large amount of spam during this week.
    Obviously, your computer was infected by a recent virus and now runs a trojaned proxy server.

Please follow our instructions in order to keep your computer safe.

Best regards,
    **munged**.com support team.

This is clealy a virus, and one that's either infected CJ or a merchant. I can't identify the IP address other than the information above. So, be very careful opening mail.. it might not be what you expect!
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

I've received a bunch of these today, and many of the from and to addresses are dictionary attacks, meaning that they randomly chose addresses. It's not necessarily a merchant (or CJ) that is infected.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I can confirm this - I have received (as has most of the Internet) a bunch of these today too.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

It's not a dictionary attack, and the address hasn't been harvested from anywhere other than CJ. I'm not saying it *is* CJ, it might be a merchant.

We got hit with these in my real-life work too. It happens.. viruses spread so quickly now and anti-virus software takes a while to catch up. Even in the sort of Fortune 500 company I work for IRL these things can sneak through.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread