This may be a dumb question, but is there any easy way to get these into tab delimited format or something that a database or WebMerge could use?

Some merchants have stated that their datafeed is avaialable through CJ, i.e., the product catalog, but the format they have it in does not seem usable to build any kind of dynamic site.

For a one-time fee of $200 or $250 (I don't remember which) CJ will set you up to receive datafeeds from the vendors you're affiliated with, who have feeds available.

You can specify tab-delimited, pipe-delimited, etc. formats.

As I recall, you go to Support, then Ask A Question, choose Linking, and also choose a sub-category of Product Links, and title your request being sure to have the word "datafeed" in the title somewhere.

-- Mike
    A joy shared is a joy doubled.
    A burden shared is a burden lightened.

ABW Ambassador
    The more forward-thinking of the CJ merchants will offer their datafeed free of charge, sometimes in varying formats including tab-delimited. I'd check with the individual merchants to see if they can accomodate you. Many will be happy to since it is in their interest to have you selling their products.

I do well enough with free datafeeds. It is ludicrous to pay any merchant or network a penny for data in order to sell their products, in my humble opinion.

Wayne

Thanks, Mike. Do you know of any venors, like buy.com for Linkshare, that will get the fee waived for you?

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I guess when I offer to work for someone, I would prefer to ask them how much they will pay me rather than how much I should pay them!

This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

"I do well enough with free datafeeds. It is ludicrous to pay any merchant or network a penny for data in order to sell their products, in my humble opinion."

Ditto!

"Do you know of any venors, like buy.com for Linkshare, that will get the fee waived for you?"

Good question. Slight chance it might happen if you find the right one, and make some good promises (performance promises, that is).

Fred

http and a telephoto
    Whether you pay for a feed depends on if your feed is available for free and if a paid feed would be worth the money for you. I had a problem paying for a feed, however I gave in a did pay for the CJ feed and have made back my fee plus loads more. I would NOT have made that money without the feed. But that is my situation, you may be able to do just fine with free feeds. My merchants just didn't have them.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I know CJ could also answer this one, now that I understand things better, but, are you guys saying that it is $250.00 per feed or for all the feeds?

http and a telephoto
    For all the feeds to all the merchants you are affiliated with that HAVE feeds, not all the merchants have feeds. And you tell them how you want the feeds delimited and whether you will pick them up from the CJ server or prefer them pushed to your own server.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

(slightly OT)

most databases have a wild card that can be used to expand a partial search term or replace all of them. does anyone know the wild card character for the product catalog database in CJ? it is one of the most clunky to use otherwise and I know I won't qualify for a datafeed for years.

CJ Provides Free Datafeed in a different format.I would recommend in XML format,Error chances are very minor or doesnt have any error at all.
    Tab Deliminator could break your importer while insert data or may insert wrong datafeed or switch columns.

I would recommend
    that you look at the age of the thread and see if a comment would be relevant.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread