Beginning 7/25/04 Several of my CJ advertisers are showing Tons of Clicks with 0 or few impressions.

This situation is jumping from website to website with only one or two advertisers stats wrong. One day it would be one website, the next day another, and so on, until today, where the website affected Many advertisers were affected as well.

I use a database for my cj URL's with mysql, but i Also use the corresponding images -- even the 1x1 for text links. So I've Always have had impressions to go with Clicks.

My webstats don't show anywhere Near the visits that the Clicks are showing.

I've called CJ And wrote an "ask a question". But was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Since Friday my EPC has been dropping (Sales have disappeared) and This situation has Totally killed it!

ABW Ambassador
    my woes basically started about that time too.

long hours of no sales, then a lot, then none again. the previous randomness is not there anymore.

thousands of clicks passing by with no sales - that's something unheard of before in my site.

don't know if it's CJ or the parasites, but I think it started after a scheduled update.

Might be co-incidence but my last CJ sale was on the 25th.

However I usually average out at 1-2 sale a day on CJ so CJ is not one of my better performers so recent lack of sales could just be innocent lull for me.

Les

I think we have same problem, almost 3 days with over 1000 valid clicks from my site, only big "zero" sale. Usualy more than 10 sales on my account

CJ............you make me sick.
    or CJ sick right now.

ABW Ambassador
    If you are seeing a huge amount of clicks (way more than average), most probably your site is being spidered heavily by one or more spiders. You may not see similar number of impressions in this case. Check you web logs. Most networks cannot handle spider generated pseudo clicks correctly. I have seen this a lot of times in the last few months with new MSNBOT and ask.com spider.

Yes, KCEdit, it's probably se spiders -- I checked my stats for yesterday and had over 350 "se spider hits" But, my cj stats are showing over 1200 clicks Not supported by impressions -- so it looks like CJ is tripling the spider hits.

Which is absolutely Killing my EPC!

This is Only happening with CJ links.

They (CJ) Really should have some way of disregarding spider hits.

ABW Ambassador
    SE spiders are not the problem at my site.

I know where my visitors come from, and they're as targeted as can be. and their visits are supported by impressions too.

If this Is a SE spider problem, why doesn't it happen to Everyone who uses a mySql data base and .php redirects for advertisers URL's?

Why are they spidering the Same URL over and over again.

And, most importantly, Why is it Only CJ links affected?

I'm getting no answers yet from CJ Tech dept. yet. They are "researching" though

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread