CompUSA is a great company, but boy do they have the wrong idea with their affiliate program.

COMPUSA DOES NOT PAY COMMISSIONS WHEN PEOPLE ORDER ONLINE AND PICK UP THE ITEMS IN THE STORE!

If you try to buy something from CompUSA online, you will see that they make it very easy to choose online pickup. Now what will happen if you have affiliate links up for CompUSA is that you will get commission for the items, but days later it will be reversed on CJ. I have hundreds of dollars reversed this month alone.

Circuit City and other online retailers that have brick and mortar stores offer commissions when a customer chooses to pick the item up at their store. Even Amazon offers commissions when third party sites offer in-store pick ups. Why wouldn't they. They are getting a sale. And they don't have to pay a salesperson commission. In fact many stores lose money when they ship the item to the customer. So in many cases it is better for the merchant when a customer comes to pick up the item. But CompUSA.com doesn't reward it's affiliates when this happens. Just the opposite, it takes ALL commissions away. This doesn't make sense.

I suggest that if you are a part of the CompUSA affiliate program you contact them and let them know how you feel about this. And until CompUSA starts paying their affiliates fairly consider pushing other computer sites like Dell and Gateway over CompUSA.

How do you all feel about affiliate unfriendly sites like CompUSA? And is anyone else seeing their commissions evaporate on the CompUSA affiliate program?

Larry

That is not always true. I have been compensated recently for online purchases picked up at a CompUSA store.

LOL. Yes you were compensated. But watch your reports closely. Sometime within the next week or two you will see the commission reversed.

Check your CompUSA affiliate agreement or go to the section on CJ that shows you the CompUSA affiliate info. There you will see this policy spelled out and you can also find an email address where you can voice your concerns about this very stupid policy.

We were getting reversals about 99% of the sales at CompUSA. After losing about $400 in commission I called Jeff the Affiliate manager at CompUSA and he confirmed that we do not get the commission when a customer chooses to pick up from the store.

So we have to remove CompUSA.

I was not aware that circuit city and best buy will pay if a customer chooses to pickup from the store, are you sure about that? Have you confirmed?

see this last thread

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?q=Y&...8776041824&p=1
    Thanks
    Asif

quote:
    Originally posted by Asif:
    I was not aware that circuit city and best buy will pay if a customer chooses to pickup from the store, are you sure about that? Have you confirmed?

I don't personally know about Best Buy but Circuit City DOES pay commish for pick-up orders. We've had people order and then pick it up at their local store and commish showed up.

CompUSA always extends commissions for a month, too. Our reversals usually show up when the extention time runs out. i.e. up to 2 months after the sale is posted.

Circuit City and Best Buy should pay commission for pick-up orders. Hell, BestBuy still offers free shipping on all orders. It saves their company money if I pick up my order in their store. Espeically if it is a large or heavy item.

affiliates@compusa.com is the email address if you want to make your feelings known about this subject.

This comes from the performics CompUSA affiliate agreement.

Please note CompUSA will make certain adjustments to orders that have been generated through the CompUSA program. These adjustments will, exclude the following types of orders from any calculation of the number of generated orders: (1) fraudulent orders (2) customer cancellations (3) sales with credit denial (4) In-store pick up.

So I guess it doesn't matter if you are pushing CompUSA with CJ or Performics, they will take back your commissions if the customer selects in store pick-up at checkout.

Thanks Linda and LarryMiller,
    I dropped Circuit-city and Best Buy because i was not converting well and i thought they might not be paying for in store pickup.

Hw would you compare BestBuy and CircuitCity with other merchants, including the reason that they have a store almost on every other street.
    Thanks
    Asif

Both Best Buy and Circuit City convert ok. Lots of click throughs with some sales. I too have many CompUSA reversals a week and it pisses me off. I am about to take them off of my site. I will send a message to them about this. We should get paid on any item that is purchases off our referals.

Best Buy and Circuit City have both paid me in the past for pick-up orders. I keep encouraging my family and friends who have to run out and get it now to buy that way from one of my sites. I buy them a drink later - and they're happy

Have to take a second look at C*mpUSA now, perhaps a little lower on the page, if at all. Thanks.

Fred

Hey Everybody..it's our friend Larry!

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...89&m=777109125

hmmm.....

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread