"Within the next few days Commission Junction will be enhancing its CJ Account Manager functionality by adding a login manager area. Within the CJ Account Manager home page, you can use your Superuser access to quickly link your Partner Gateway and CJ Marketplace account logins and view the latest earnings and number of clicks for all your linked accounts. Additional details will follow after deployment."

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    That's how I'd translate it...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada

Great, when it's not slow, it's down. I can't wait....

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Wasn't that an annoucement directed at advertisers (merchants) rather than publishers (affiliates)?

quote:
    Originally posted by Drewbert:
    Wasn't that an annoucement directed at advertisers (merchants) rather than publishers (affiliates)?

I got it on the CJ account manager, under "Announcement". You didn't get the message ?

As an affiliate, if you have multiple CJ or bfast accounts, you will be able to use one log-in and get aggregate reporting on all of your accounts. You will also be able to access your different accounts once you have logged into one of them.

It is a feature for affiliates not advertisers.

Hopefully it will be released next week (with another surprise as well...)
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    The nonsurprise part sounds cool. Hopefully it won't come with downtime, though!

quote:
    (with another surprise as well...)

I hate surprises; when something is *good* people don't seem to have any problem saying what it is.

Call me jaded after having to return way too many "suprise" presents, that turned out to be clothes.

(clothes = something you'd have to get anyway, which means they're a no-good present. Kind of like getting a sack of groceries for your birthday)!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I think the downtime will be just a couple hours. The surprise is a secret so when (and if) you figure it out, don't talk about it - just enjoy it.
    Todd Crawford

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    is the surprise somthing that resembles a 4 figure bonus????

quote:

I think the downtime will be just a couple hours. The surprise is a secret so when (and if) you figure it out, don't talk about it - just enjoy it.

Sal.

Maybe, the surprise is that they got rid of all the parasites and figured a way around Norton and all the adware, cookie blockers/removers.

That would be good.

I might even like them, again.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Sandra, can you read this?

quote:

I hope you don't jinxed now.

Sal.

Not to ruin the surprise, but I just found out the surpise is being released later in the month - not with the upcoming consolidated login feature.
    Todd Crawford

Now why am I not surprised?!!

(SSanf) Sandra,

I was right, thanks for the jinx, now you ruined the surprise for another couple of months.

Somehow, I think the big surprise might not be good.

First, why not talk about it? Is it something that will only benefit a few "publishers" and, therefore, if it is talked about a whole lot of other "publishers" will be ticked off?

Secondly, why the big pre-surprise spin? Sounds like Todd already KNOWS it is something he will have to sell to us as a GOOD thing. If it has to be sold to us, trust me, we won't like it.

I am very suspicious at this point.

Do you think CJ plans to do you any favors that won't line their own pockets a little deeper?

I hope it is something good but I have read Todd's spin too often not to be leary.

Unless, they have solved the Norton problem, or gotten rid of the parasites, or have something that gives us ALL more money, or made it impossible for merchants to turn off tracking at will, or made merchants accountable for reversals, frankly, they have nothing very good to offer. They can shove more bells and whistles on their interface.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

SSanf..do you even have any CJ merchants?
    If not, why do you have to keep popping in any CJ related post just to badmouth them?
    If you don't run CJ merchants, move on, get over it...you don't have CJ merchants anymore so it doesn't concern you. Let those that do run CJ merchants have there say or read a thread without your negative comments all over the place.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    As an affiliate, if you have multiple CJ or bfast accounts, you will be able to use one log-in and get aggregate reporting on all of your accounts. You will also be able to access your different accounts once you have logged into one of them.

It is a feature for affiliates not advertisers.

Hopefully it will be released next week (with another surprise as well...)
    does that mean we can now view our BF merchants using CJ reporting? it'll be great if that happens.

also, if we can make our future BF links using CJ without redoing the current links, that'll be a plus.

i hope the surprise is a positive one.

SSanf

as you can see, Connie is now a CJ convert.

Connie Berg

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?q=Y&...=158104466&p=1

and the folowing page as well

Given that you are now a CJ convert and, therefore, a fervent new believer, you should be able to keep them safe from danger, attack, or harm with the power of pure logic. Please, explain why you don't want people reminded that:

- CJ is consumed with parasites and actively promotes parasites to CJ merchants
    - CJ charges affiliates $25 for stop payments for lost checks
    - CJ has the most complaints about tracking issues
    - CJ datafeeds are not free unless you produce $10,000 per month in sales
    - CJ extends credit to merchants without letting affiliates know and then reverses sales when the merchants default on paying the extended credit
    - CJ links and banners are blocked by Norton, and CJ cookies considered spyware by all spyware removal programs
    - CJ makes it possible for merchants to turn off tracking with no one knowing and little chance of being caught
    - CJ allows merchants to reverse sales with no rational or varifiable reason

And, how about that wonderful COC that resulted from the Nov 7 meeting and the great enforcement policies?

Do you think we should just forget all that? Your advise is just get over it?

I don't agree.

And, yes it does concern me. CJ has a large group of advertisers, some of whom I would use if either CJ changed their wicked ways or they moved to another network. I have potential economic gain from either assisting in bringing enough pressure to bear on CJ to improve so that they are once again an acceptable source of merchants or seeing that merchants are aware of the source of our dissatisfaction with CJ and they are encouraged to find other options.

I will continue to remind people of CJs blatant short comings where and when I deem appropriate.

If you don't like it, I'm sorry but you'll have to just get over it.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread