I've been to many affiliate websites and have clicked many on google, but all Comission Junction qksrv.net afilliate links never will show up it always shows up as Unavailable on my computer. Why is this?

I have my firewall and virus software off and still none of the qksrv.net links from google and on alot of popular websites work.

Also if i type qksrv.net in my browser it redirects to www.cj.com which doesn't work also. You have to type http://cj.com (with out the www.)for it to work and go to the commission junction main website.

I find it really messed up that all these affiliate links don't work on my computer. I'm sure alot of you CJ affiliates have lost alot of sales due to this problem. Does anyone else have this problem? I have no clue why my computer either blocks these websites or doesn't allow them and I can't believe no one else talks about this problem as well because I'm sure my computer is not the only one that does this. I'm sure alot of you are missing out on so many sales due to this problem.

http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum20/1371.htm

I see a discussion regarding how Kazaa lite blocks all qksrv.net servers with a program called Supertrick that installs with Kazaa LITE. I have kazaa lite on my computer so that explains why I wasn't able to acess qksrv.net sites. Amazing.

Just think if every computer came with Kazaa lite, no one would ever make any money with Commission Junction. It says in that message how it was tracked that 20% of possibly buyers are lost do this. That sucks. I think I'll find some in-house affiliate programs that suit my needs better.

ABW Ambassador
    It sucks, but it's not 20%.

You know, it's really a damn shame that a network that I see having some of the best merchants that actually provide a wide selection of products to link to, and a back office that makes other back offices look silly, will allow the attack on their domain to continue and continue and continue.

Not like these issues were born yesterday. This not only is hurting CJ's bottom line, but merchants and hard working affiliates as well. There has to be a solution even if it means implementing technology that may cause an inconvenience to all involved. If it's short term inconvenience with a long term solution, then to me it would be all worth it.

All I got to say is, CJ when are you going to seriously protect your interests and the interests of all involved??? Wait too long to implement a solution, and that impressive back office with a wide variety of decent merchants providing a wide selection of products will mean nothing if the CJ empire comes crumbling down from the mass exodus of merchants and affiliates leaving after they get wind of how much their bottom line is being affected due to the attack on the qksrv domain.

I had an affiliate link up on one site for almost a year before it converted a sale. (about a week ago)
    It was ONE day after I rewrote the link to stop ad blocking software.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    think I know what you mean and how you may have re-wrote the link...

but can you please explain (or point me to a topic here at ABW that does)?

i'm going to work this into my sites and want to make sure my direction is right before i begin the journey...

This may be the link you're looking for.
    http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...11&m=919107626
    Seems to work great for me, at least on cj links.
    Link share, not so good, don't think their link format is always consistant. Or maybe I'm not doing it right..

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    that's what i'm talking about

simey - i think i love you

Open your 'hosts' file at

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

You should see qksrv and other sites being redirected to 127.0.0.1 (localhost). This is the way most adblocker/firewall/anti virus work. Even you turn off your firewell, the hosts will remain the same.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread