I put this in the "Commission Junction" forum instead of "Merchant Fraud" because it is really just nasty business.

After getting approved by NBAF, we created a big magazine section. Then, after doing all that work, they dropped us from their affiliate program. Here is the reason given in the email they sent us:

"In this case, the advertiser has supplied the following reason for removal: not cost effective."

This does not ring true since they have not dropped their affiliate program at CJ -- they just dropped us. If "not cost effective" was the real reason you would think they would just lower their commission rate or end their affiliate program.

It's hard to figure. Our site promotes health freedom and opposes excessive regulation of nutritional supplements -- could it be politically motivated? Maybe they don't like vitamins? I don't know, but I wish I could bill them for all the time we wasted. :mad:

Selma

Sounds like another CJU graduate. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

You might try MagazineCity.Net (30% Commission), MagMall.com (20%), or Magazania.com ($6/sale). You can easily replace a magazine merchant so you haven't wasted all your time.

Was the brilliant merchant one of these I listed above?

Yeah, same thing happened to me. When I started putting the links up, after about a week or 2 I was also dropped with the reason that I was not bringing in sales and it was costly for them. Oh well, now I switched to MagazineCity and I already had some sales. So I think in the end it's actually costly for NBAF.

Hi Wly,

So that's what NBAF Magazine Subscriptions means by "not cost effective." That's wild, we also had JUST got their links up when they dropped us. I don't understand their reasoning. It seems to me that a CJ merchant that pays PER SALE would want all the affiliates they could get. Every sale is a good sale, right?

The idea of promoting their competitors is looking better every day. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Selma

ABW Ambassador
    I have made one sale commission from them - 6 bucks - I think is sweet for a magazine subscription. I wish I could find a way to sell a lot of 'em effectively. Magazine sites are very comptetive on the web, and seems hard to compete even as an affiliate.

CK is rightmabout switching. Magazine merchants are something you will never find a shortage of in affiliate marketing. CJ has around 10, if my memory serves me right.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread