Just wanted to get affiliate feedback. We are launching a new affiliate program for a company we acquired (we'll be using a batch process). The standard offer for this subscrioption service is a first month free offer to aid in conversions.

I'd like to get constructive feedback from affiliates regarding a first month free subscription service online... what I am interested in knowing is which method of reporting sales do they find most favorable in our scenario:

1. We thought to report sales based on when we receive the first month payment after the user is retained onthe service and pays their first subscription. This would be a 30 day waiting period before a sale is seen, not ideal for SEM.

2. We could show the sale after initial signup and then after 30 days, reverse the transaction out if the user hasn't paid their subscription.

Personally, I don't like option 2 at all. I am thinking of putting out a lower priced subscription price plan that is of equal value as first month free as the solution but wanted affiliate feedback since there are always good ideas here.

I like the way that Genetree handles this.
    They post a sale of $0.00 when they send out a "free" test kit. If the kit is returned to be processed, they post another sale with the actual commission.
    I like this because of the "no reversal" aspect and yet you still have a notice of some action.

Just my opinion...

ABW Ambassador
    I agree with CDC. No one likes to see reversals, especially if they're counting on that income and then it's history. At least with showing a 0 sale to begin with the affiliate knows there's potential to earn more.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread