Just wanted to get affiliate feedback. We are launching a new affiliate program for a company we acquired (we'll be using a batch process). The standard offer for this subscrioption service is a first month free offer to aid in conversions.

I'd like to get constructive feedback from affiliates regarding a first month free subscription service online... what I am interested in knowing is which method of reporting sales do they find most favorable in our scenario:

1. We thought to report sales based on when we receive the first month payment after the user is retained onthe service and pays their first subscription. This would be a 30 day waiting period before a sale is seen, not ideal for SEM.

-OR-

2. We could show the sale after initial signup and then after 30 days, reverse the transaction out if the user hasn't paid their subscription.

Personally, I don't like option 2 at all. I am thinking of putting out a lower priced subscription price plan that is of equal value as first month free as the solution but wanted affiliate feedback since there are always good ideas here.

Thanks!

I like the way that Genetree handles this.
    They post a sale of $0.00 when they send out a "free" test kit. If the kit is returned to be processed, they post another sale with the actual commission.
    I like this because of the "no reversal" aspect and yet you still have a notice of some action.

Just my opinion...

CDC

ABW Ambassador
    I agree with CDC. No one likes to see reversals, especially if they're counting on that income and then it's history. At least with showing a 0 sale to begin with the affiliate knows there's potential to earn more.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread