Here we are more than half way through the 5th of the month, and I have 0 registrations (either pending or completed) and 0 reversals of any registrations. The dimes are coming through like mad (both black and red), but no activity at all on registrations.

In over 2 years I've never had a 2-day period, let alone 5 days, where there wasn't (1) a registration created, (2) a registration locked, or (3) a registration reversed.

Anyone else seeing odd trends for August?
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

Same here -- nine days into the month, zero registrations. Another code change, perhaps?

Ralph

Last month 1st through 10th: 25 lead transactions, resulting in $100 revenue. This month: 0 transactions = $0.00. Over 400 dimes though.

I guess I should have expected this: The month after Ebay "doubles" commissions, registrations drop to nothing.

I've got an email into Ebay. Let's see if they come back with something other than "Everything is fine. You must just not be sending any quality traffic to Ebay."

-Dan

Did anyone else notice in eBay's July Newsletter the blurb about how their CJ EPC has doubled since the commission increase?

Well, it doesn't even take an idiot to see that doubling a commission rate is going to cause an increase in the EPC, but of course if you double $0.00, it's still NOTHING!

EBAY FIX YOUR AFFILIATE PROGRAM! IT STINKS!! YOU ARE CHEATING YOUR HONEST AFFILIATES!!!

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    "Last month 1st through 10th: 25 lead transactions, resulting in $100 revenue. "

Is that made up? Last month it was $5 a lead so your 25 leads should have equaled $125 not $100. This month i'm averaging 8 leads/registrations a day and about 40 dimes. But i would only use ebay 1 way.

I'm sorry, I should have been clearer: I included in those 25 transactions those that never converted, as well as reversals, basically "any transactions involving a lead".

This month, there are none, not even reversals or those not converting.

-Dan

ABW Ambassador
    Hmm, not sure, you have about the same number of dimes that i do this month, there should have been a lot of registrations with that. Last month it looked like (if i'm doing my math correctly) you had 20 of those 25 converting, so 80% which is good. I have about 75%. So it does look like a problem somewhere.

Could Ebay and CJ be any *LESS* helpful? Here's the response I just got back from Ebay (I have yet to get one back from CJ):

From eBay
    Subject Major problems in reporting.
    Date 11-Aug-2004
    Message Body
    Dear Dan,

Upon running a transaction report for this month, it looks like you have 2 registrations that has posted thus far with transaction IDs: 2558xxxxx; 2546xxxxx. I have verified on CJs end that we are not experiencing any issues with reporting and tracking.

Regards,
    eBay Affiliate Team

Golly, I could have (and did) run a report myself. If this is the extent of their "investigation," they are as useless as tits on a bull.

Unfortunately I'm not technically savvy enough to jump through all the investigative hoops that some of the other affiliates here do, so proving that I'm being defrauded is just a pipe dream. I guess I just bend over and take it from CJbay. Time to go scream and kick and yell over on Ebay's affiliate board (Yes I know that's not the "professional" thing to do. Unfortunately I'm such small potatoes in the scheme of things that my leaving the program would mean nothing to Fraudbay. Calling them and CJ out for the sons of *****es they are may not amount to much in the long run, but it makes me feel better).

A 20-30% drop *might* be possible, as August tends to be the slowest month. If you twisted my arm, I might accept a rationale for 50%, but a 90% drop????? With site traffic remaining consistent? Somebody's ****ing someone, and right now I'm on the receiving end.

-Dan

Are you kidding! Ebay MUST be a wonderful program. I got a network announcement from CJ telling me that they are a very good program and that I should join them. If that isn't good enough recommendation for them, I sure would like to know what is.

You must be crazy!

How could you possibly complain about such a rising star with CJ?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Razzlframnitzing ragga fragga sumanumbatchin'... *kicks the cat*

The current eBay managers have been passing the buck to CJ for quite sometime now.

If you ask about registration rations or reveral issues, they will most likely refer you to CJ.

If I don't see a change soon I'll start at the top and work my way down.

There is no excuse for not monitoring and being able to report on your own program.

Don't even get me started on "George" from CJ.

I should of read this before I applied to ebay.

But with sites like FreeIpods.com I can imagine why ebay would try to stiff us.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread