I just started to promote Best Buy a few weeks ago and have sent a good number of clicks without any sales. This got me to wondering, so I went over to www.shopping.com and started to read the reviews. Boy was I shocked!! People have had the most horrendous experiences shopping with Best Buy. A lot of it makes me sick and I'm starting to regret promoting them. Has anybody here had any good experiences buying or selling for Best Buy? Their products do attract a lot of attention, so I'm kinda at an indecision of whether or not to continue promoting them.

I remember there was a discussion about this a few weeks ago and people had mild to decent responses about their income.

This discussion is not only about that, it's about whether or not I should even continue buying from them.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I had a very negative experience the one and only time I went to their store to buy something. They were very agressive. I knew then that they have no respect for their customers and to keep clear.

http and a telephoto
    I have had both good and bad experiences shopping in the stores, I have no idea about shopping online. They lost a $1000 sale when I went in to look at a Sony Digital SLR and they didn't have one with a charged battery and wouldn't/couldn't connect it to a real power source so I could turn it on and look through the viewfinder. Circuit City got that sale
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    I've bought from them in the past with no problem but not enough to get a good feel for them. Now, if i buy online i usually go to Amazon where i've never had a problem. From the affiliate perspective they do ok. I wish
    http://www.crutchfield.com would have an affiliate program (they have a referral program), i think they're the best electronics merchant online, so does Time Magazine

ABW Ambassador
    I buy games etc from them sometimes, I now start each purchase with - "this is all I want to buy, please, this is all i want to buy, I do not want to buy anything else"

Last time i didn't say that - i got 1 minute on buying protection for my PS2 game - in case it breaks - another minute on getting epsn the magazine - and another minute on something for the internet. At that point the sale was complete, but she would not give me back my card before I listened to the whole speel.

Chet

It's funny, I just read an article in Fortune magazine yesterday about how great Best Buy's customer service is! But I'm always skeptical of articles like that. It reminds me of magazine articles about great celebrity marriages -- those always seem to be the marriages that break up.

At the Hackers Convention in Vegas -

Best Buy And Circuit City maintain the worst ecommerce security possible - at times their cart is not even encrypted as they state!

Shop at your own risk!

I have made several purchases from BB through my own links without any problems. Some were in-store pick-ups, and some were shipped to me )or others).

Having said that, their click-through/purchase ratio has always sucked for me. I keep them around to use their logo in strategic places now, and that's about it.

Fred

I think BestBuy is like Walmart! They attract hundreds of online "window shoppers" who then go out and buy direct from their store. I've made very few sales for them, so it's actually a waste of time updating their special weekly offers.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Totall correct in your accessment of their affilate program. All geared to send traffic to the local stores.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I have serious issues with Best Buy. They lost a $250 sale from me years ago, and continue to loose sales from me any time I need something electronic.

Oddly enough I had just the opposite problem as others had with them years ago - I couldn't find a single person to help me. After two employees walked by quickly and said "Hi", then a MANAGER picked up his pace while walking by when he saw the "HEY! HELP ME DAMN IT!" look on my face, I finally got someone to stop and talk to me. They said "uh, go talk to customer service - it's at the front". Yup - at the front of the store right next to the door, which is where I went instead.

My experience was obviously offline by the way.

quote:
    Originally posted by Kara Kelso:
    I have serious issues with Best Buy. They lost a $250 sale from me years ago, and continue to loose sales from me any time I need something electronic.

Oddly enough I had just the opposite problem as others had with them years ago - I couldn't find a single person to help me. After two employees walked by quickly and said "Hi", then a MANAGER picked up his pace while walking by when he saw the "HEY! HELP ME DAMN IT!" look on my face, I finally got someone to stop and talk to me. They said "uh, go talk to customer service - it's at the front". Yup - at the front of the store right next to the door, which is where I went instead.

My experience was obviously offline by the way.

I get better CS at best buy then I do at circuit city. I just wrote an article about it for my site about how bad their CS was and emailed them a copy. when I went back to the store I wrote about it had changed completely.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread