It was a toss up between posting this here and in Fraud.

I got this email today in my CJ mail box, it doesn't seem right to me. Basically, they're trying to steal publishers away from CJ aren't they?

quote:
    CatalogSavings.com is now Catalogs.com! With this change we would like to invite you, as one of our top affiliates, to join our new affiliate program. This program will pay $0.60 per lead where the Commission Junction program now pays $0.55 per lead. Only those top affiliates that join by December 15, 2001 are eligible for this special increased payout.In addition, this new program will also pay you a $0.05 per lead, second tier commission on all qualified and accepted websites you bring to this program. This means you will collect $0.05 each time a lead is made on a site you have referred to our program.

You may sign up for this program at: http://coldfusion.affiliateshop.com/...cfm?WID=XXXXXX

As you may know, CatalogSavings (now re-named Catalogs.com) has been successfully operating online for over 4 consecutive years and has had one of the most popular affiliate programs on the internet. Now with our new great name and a $.60 per lead payout, plus a $0.05 second tier lead payout, our affilates can earn even more than before.

After signing up, you will receive an email explaining how to use the links and control panel with this program. These links will reflect our name change to Catalogs.com. Send an email to jerry@catalogs.com with the subject "CJ" and let me know you were one of our CJ affiliates and your payout will be increased to $0.60.

This program is done through a partnership with AffiliateShop to track your leads and serve ads. All checks will be mailed by Catalogs.com. Payouts will be made to any affiliate with a minimum of $50 in commissions. If you do not earn $50 in commissions your commissions will be brought forward until you do earn $50, so you will never lose any commissions. Checks will be mailed by the 15th of the month for any commissions earned the prior month.

Our Commission Junction program will be terminated within the next 30-60 days, so signup now while we are increasing the payout for our CJ affiliates. This special bonus offer is limited and will end on Dec 15, 2001.
    http://coldfusion.affiliateshop.com/...cfm?WID=XXXXXX

Jerry Haygood
    Chief Technology Officer
    CatalogSavings.com, Catalogs.com
    305-538-8974
    jerry@catalogs.com

Are they allowed to do this??

ABW Ambassador
    Oh Sh-T! They are leaving CJ? I have so many links up for them I better start changing them now! Man this is getting to me. These merchants come in and out as fast as you blink an eye!
    Cazzie :mad:

Maybe I can look at this as a good thing...I actually got NOTICE for once! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Lol Jill,

quote:
    Maybe I can look at this as a good thing...I actually got NOTICE for once!

If you do good with them then you should follow them. The .05 increase isn't all that great but if you have alot of other affiliates that sign up under you then the .05 2 tier makes it interesting. I personally never did much with them but never really pushed them.

Does anyone have info to share about AffiliateShop???

ABW Ambassador
    That sucks. When they deactivated a while back I took all their links off my site, and then when they came back I placed them back on my site. I recently made an entire page for promoting free catalogs at their site. This is the part I hate about Commission Junction and all the merchants. Now I will have to place a banner to catalogstink on the page. I had that fine tuned for the search engines - well Leader, these lead programs are going to get replaced by high ticket items. My coupon site is mostly a bunch of shopping links that push sales. I'll have to move completely away from lead based programs. Coolsavings.com still hasnt sent me my first check for October leads (they are with Snare), though the dollar a lead seems good. Why bother? All these lead based programs can't hang in the CJ program and make good, so they drop out. arghhhh!

Well this is sad
    quote:
    we would like to invite you, as one of our top affiliates, to join our new affiliate program

because I did the same thing. Back when they were temporarily deactivated I removed all links. The only difference is, I never put them back up! How on earth can I be one of their "top affiliates"???

Actually, I lie...I spent an hour going through pages and did find two old ads but the were on low traffic pages.

The more I play this affiliate game, the less I understand it.

ABW Ambassador
    Hmmm.. got the same notice from Catalog Savings, and I don't know whether I should follow them, or not .

Anyone using that asp they are moving to as new advertisers , or can anyone offer any feedback on how/when/if at all they pay up on time ?

Big Chuck - Cool savings is cool, they are just very slow to pay , if you can deal with it. I'm not sure, but I think they may still have a special incentive thing going on . It was , when you earn your first check, you get a $50 bonus .

Not sure if it's still a valid incentive . Hopefully, in your case it still is [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Yep, they ARE slow to pay... they now owe me over $250 , and if it doesn't come soon , I'm just about ready to beat up my poor innocent mailman for not sticking that check in my mailbox !

Lisa

ABW Ambassador
    lol @ Lisa

Yep, the coolsavings.com affiliate guy returned my call (twice!) to let me know that I would get the extra fifty. They don't want to be late with me - I will hound them until I get paid! I think the reason they are slow is they got to pay Yahoo! first, then the rest of us two dollar tricks get whats coming to us.

quote:
    The more I play this affiliate game, the less I understand it.

yeah baby! none of us are really flying, we're just falling with style

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Catalog.com is the Andale of Yahoo storefronts enabling a bunch of not ready for their own site players to get web exposure. Tracking slaes has always been an issue as well as product fulfillment from any of their Yahoo store listings. They are a merchant aggregrator and will ggo the way of the others..belly up on *uckedcompany.com along with vStores -BVMS.com -Beyond etc.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread