ABW Ambassador
    "I would like to ask everyone on these boards and on other boards to not discuss any cookie, linking or tracking changes.

I think most of you are aware of the issues related to cookies, tracking and some software applications."

Todd, is there any cj act like the patriotic act out there which I have missed? I would decide for myself what I want to read and discuss. You can ask us to not do what you wanted us not to do, but not censor any postings if the content is not comfortable to cj.com.

carneol

I am pretty sure that what he meant was not to discuss things that would tip off those people doing things they shouldn't be doing, so they can catch them in the act. Hard to document and prove anything if the people doing it have been tipped off and have time to change things so as not to be caught.

So by discussing cookies, changes in cookies, tracking changes, you might tip them off. And that hinders their ability to catch them.

quote:
    Originally posted by carneol:
    "I would like to ask everyone on these boards and on other boards to not discuss any cookie, linking or tracking changes.

I think most of you are aware of the issues related to cookies, tracking and some software applications."

Todd, is there any cj act like the patriotic act out there which I have missed? I would decide for myself what I want to read and discuss. You can ask us to not do what you wanted us not to do, but not censor any postings if the content is not comfortable to cj.com.

carneol

TIP

READ it aloud when in doubt

ABW Ambassador
    Come on, the forced click situation has been explained in detail and those doing such would likely already know to change their sites, etc.

the cookie described (which I won't give out), if you do a search for that domain on Google in quotations you will get a series of sites engaging in forced clicks ...and even such things as typosquating !!!

In the search, these two typosquating domains were among the results - journeysed.com and weightwatvhers.com

A lot of the other sites listed engaged in forced clicks transfering you to eBay and other merchants ...some caused cookies such as Gator to be written to my hard drive.

If it hadn't been for these results, I would have suspected it was a plot to elude anti-spyware programs that erase CJ cookies, etc.

Well, I would like some kind of a general explaination from Todd what this is all about.

I mean, if it is about stopping forced clicks and talking about it causes someone to stop doing forced clicks, well, that works too.

I was hoping it was about Norton.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I'll censor it also, it's for everyone's own benefit.

If anyone wants information on what it is and why it's being censored and your an established member, please feel free to PM me.

[Thread locked]
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread