New Orleans
    I found a CJ Affiliate that stole my content and used it on hundreds of pages on a couple sites.

this person took my main body content on the home page and took a list of keyword to create hundreds of pages.

Does Cj help with any of this type of thing? Should i contact someone specific at CJ or????

The way back machine has undeniable proof when he actually stole this content and has proof when my site had this content

any help from someone at CJ would be appreciated

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I'd call CJ on the phone, just to make sure someone there sees this quickly.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Mesa, Arizona
    And while you're about it, report it to Google as well. They do not take kindly to this type of thing. A while back I reported some who was using my descriptions and keywords to redirect people to his CJ and affiliate accounts. I reported this to Google and they closed his AdSense account - he also seems to have disappeared off the Google search listings!! Don't have any mercy when it comes to this type of thing - you've worked hard on your site so why should someone else benefit from it. . Do you know if this person is an ABW member?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Don't just rely on CJ to can 'em--complain to the specific merchants as well!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

New Orleans
    contacting the merchant this site promotes was my first thought. that has been the best solution in the past.

However, the merchant is VMC and knowing what i do about Rick he will probably not help at all. It might even be his site.

I hope I'm allowed to mention this stuff, i normally don't bash.

I was not able to get any info from but at i was able to get the ip and block owner.

I just sent an email to their legal department with all of the info and the way back machines archived URLs.

Does anyone know the # for CJ?

Tracking down and getting my content off other sites has been a full time job the past few months. Pain in the A$$

Welcome to the affiliate world! I have lots of experience on this. You can

1. Email them and tell them to take it down politely. (POLITELY). Most of them take it down within a few days.

2. For those who are stubborn, email the host. The host will take it down. When you email the host stress that it violate your terms of use and they will usually take the site down.

3. Email your merchant, this is esp useful if you are a performing affiliate for them. Ask them to warn the thief to remove the contents or else have their affiliate account suspended. My affiliate manager even make a phone call to them.

Either one of the 3 will solve my content-thief problem.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Sorry to hear this is happening to you, kapsat. I think RedFish probably has the best recommendations. The closer you get to the source of the problem, the more likely the resolution.

From the merchant perspective it's difficult to deal with because of documentation (use of the way back machine is a good idea). I once had two affiliates each accuse the other of theft. It later turned out they had had a falling out. If ou do approach the merchant you might make a PowerPoint presentation with all the evidence.

I wouldn't look to CJ to resolve the issue because arbitration would probably be time consuming.

On a footnote I have found that the people who steal content often don't do very much in sales.

Best of luck to you,
    Brook Schaaf
    p/f: 512.464.1122
    Skype - brookschaaf |

New Orleans
    my hope is the email to the hosts legal department will solve this issue.

The main problem is duplicate content in the SE's. Just on the one domain this person has almost five hundred pages with my home page content. His site has no rankings that i can find but i can't help to think that the dup content has made my site slip to page two in the surps.

over the past month i have found other sites that copied this site and all have been resolved through the merchant. content removed with in a couple of days.

thanks for all the advise

FYI: the way back machine url

I've had this happen to me. A guy duplicated my entire website. He must have used a "find and replace" to replace all instances of my site name with his. It's strange, though, that he has left all my affiliate links intact - still with my code and id number - on all pages but the main page. He has put his own affiliate banners on the main page. Oh, and he changed my background to an ugly pink (I think that hurt more than anything!)

I first noticed this in May when his site started showing up predominantly on my Sitemeter (my Sitemeter is still on his pages).

I found him in the "WhoIs" directory and asked him to please remove my content from his pages. Of course, he never responded.

I wrote his web and domain host and have heard nothing back. I wrote the companies that host his affiliate banners. One suspended him.

He does not appear to have any CJ banners, but I asked for their suggestions. Here's what CJ said:
    Given that the Commission Junction links are still on your website and you are still earning commissions, I would not think that advertisers would be upset. However, what you can do is add a site to your Commission Junction account (use the same URL but with a different name). You could then replace your previous PID with the new PID you will be given for the "new" site. I hope this helps. Feel free to contact me with any additional questions.

Here's what Google said to do:

To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written
    communication (by fax or regular mail, not by email) that sets forth the
    items specified below. Please note that pursuant to that Act, you may be
    liable to the alleged infringer for damages (including costs and
    attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that you own an item when
    you in fact do not. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether you have the
    right to request removal from our service, we suggest that you first
    contact an attorney.

To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following
    format (including section numbers):

1. Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has
    been infringed upon. For example, "The copyrighted work at issue is the
    text that appears on"

2. Identify the material that you claim is infringing upon the copyrighted
    work listed in item #1 above. You must identify each page that allegedly
    contains infringing material by providing its URL.

3. Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit Google to contact
    you (email address is preferred).

4. Provide information, if possible, sufficient to permit Google to notify
    the owner/administrator of the web page that allegedly contains infringing
    material (email address is preferred).

5. Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use
    of the copyrighted materials described above on the allegedly infringing
    web pages is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the

6. Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury
    consistent with United States Code Title 17, Section 512, that the
    information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright
    owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right
    that is allegedly infringed."

It's very frustrating that someone could be so lazy and get away with copying someone else's content that they've worked so hard on.

Since my affiliate codes are still there, maybe he'll generate a few sales for me. I'm going to watch it for a while. If he starts replacing my affiliate codes with his, then I will probably need to take further action.

I'm sorry this is so long, but thought it might help.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread