Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hi Everybody,

My traffic is at record levels but my CJ sales have been WAY down the last couple of months. I used to do really well with webvitamins but they are down too. Maybe a quarter of what I was doing before.

Reading this forum has taught me a lot about Norton and parasites and things like that. Could that be the problem? I'm not sure what to do.....

ABW Ambassador
    Tell me if you've figured it out.

I've got the same problem but really can't pinpoint the exact reason.

CJ sales drastically down.

Other networks and indies are ok.

ABW Ambassador
    befree is currently being integrated into cj. and you know about befree conversions, they suck.

CJ sales are up for me, it's like suddenly the tracking is really working. I must finally be on the good server.

GoogleGod loves you; he thinks the rest of us are . . . well . . .

ABW Ambassador
    "Reading this forum has taught me a lot about Norton and parasites and things like that. Could that be the problem? I'm not sure what to do....."

Don't grab that crutch. It's a problem that affects everyone, but not a problem that would stop you from getting CJ sales. I've been getting double what i usually get from CJ for the last month because i make more pages for merchants that converted month in and month out. After you do this for awhile you might see getting sales from certain merchants more often than others. Build pages for those merchants. Just focus on finding good merchants that convert for your sites no matter where they are.

quote:
    befree is currently being integrated into cj. and you know about befree conversions, they suck.

Befree is converting better for me than any of the other networks right now, so I don't know that it has anything to do with the CJ integration. The way sales have dropped with CJ over the last few months I believe there is a tracking problem with some affiliate accounts. One case in point is palmOne... I was bringing in 5-figure sales for this merchant for months and these days I'm lucky if I make any sales for them at all despite good positioning on Google and other SE's. Even PPC on AdWords hasn't solved the problem so I really don't know what the is going on.

quote:
    Originally posted by jane:
    CJ sales are up for me, it's like suddenly the tracking is really working. I must finally be on the good server.

Ditto!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Traffic and sales are up for me too.

ABW Ambassador
    Taffic is high , but sales? What are sales?

carneol

I had an excellent July with CJ, but August is doing very baaaad, while Befree is OK.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    The next month or so should be interesting. If CJ is truly being diligent and aggressive in enforcing the new COC, then we SHOULD start to see improvements in sales.

If we don't start to see improvements in sales, what would that suggest?

quote:
    Rhea wrote:
    The next month or so should be interesting. If CJ is truly being diligent and aggressive in enforcing the new COC, then we SHOULD start to see improvements in sales.

If we don't start to see improvements in sales, what would that suggest?
    I agree! July was good for me, and August is OK so far, although I'm not sure it will be able to keep up with July.

You wouldn't think paying commissions to the correct publisher would be such a big deal, would you? I'll be interested to see how things track over the next few months, and through the Holiday season.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Monica:
    I had an excellent July with CJ, but August is doing very baaaad, while Befree is OK.
    my august at cj is much better than july. however, i am still seeing that pattern where a lot of transactions can appear within a short time span and then disappear afterwards. there are just too many of these patterns that they're hard not to notice. this is not what cj was before.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by waytogo:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Monica:
    my august at cj is much better than july. however, i am still seeing that pattern where a lot of transactions can appear within a short time span and then disappear afterwards. there are just too many of these patterns that they're hard not to notice. this is not what cj was before.

I have been seeing that pattern with one of my merchants. Every weekday, I get sales trickling in all day, then they stop between 3-4 in the afternoon and then start again after midnight. All weekend, I get sales from them day and night. It looks to me as if they may be using the "on off" tracking switch. Before this was happening, I would get most of my sales from them at night.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Both months have sucked for me tho August has been even worse than July so far. I have only had one Befree sale so far this month! CJ I think I'm at around 5-6 lol. Sure different from when I used to get 1 a day.

quote:
    Originally posted by jane:

Yeah, it's spooky how ones luck (or whatever) can shift like that while traffic stays the same or improves. Best of luck with your run on the "good server" I hope I get back on board soon -- I'm still groping around for a life preserver.

I am a merchant and I am not on CJ and we are having a terrific month both on the affiliate side and natural seo side.

We chose SAS after reading this forums complaints about CJ and tracking and reversals and parasites.....

Now that we chose SAS, we can't seem to get any of you CJ'ers to give us a look.

We are tracking, we are always on line, we are parasite free.....

and we are in BACK TO SCHOOL. The biggest selling season in kids clothes.

I followed your advice and chose a program that was parasite free, I hope you can give us a look.

Just a little frustrated. Should I run a tandem program on CJ?

Manny
    www.bargainchildrensclothing.com
    Custom Categorized Data Feed auto-updated weekly
    10% Commission
    Auto-Deposit
    120 Day Cookie
    Over 6000 products and growing

I will sign up for your program.

Thanks for your support Anne!
    www.bargainchildrensclothing.com
    Custom Categorized Data Feed auto-updated weekly
    10% Commission
    Auto-Deposit
    120 Day Cookie
    Over 6000 products and growing

Just applied to your program, Manny, and awaiting approval.

ABW Ambassador
    manny

i'm posting your links right now.

Let see...

Adsense is up 20% from last month.

The beFREE 5 even made a few bucks.

Websponsors has generated 100 times more
    than CJ. (That fact belongs in Ripley's.)

Fineclicks has generated 150 times more than
    CJ. (That fact is beyond belief, but it's true.)

The Linksuck 5 all have made a sale.

The SAS merchants are doing about normal, nothing great but consistent at about 10% conversion.

The 2 biggie money makers are both close to 500 times greater than CJ merchants...up 400%.

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with the 100 or so CJ merchant links we have up, right?

Of course that CJ number is down from 240. We pulled the ones who never made a sale in 6 months.

Then again, everyday we get about a 4% to 25% click thru ratio on some CJ merchant links and get ZERO sales...like 20 out 100 who view the link for dental plans go to the site and no one buys and they do it everyday.

Sure you bet...

ABW Ambassador

Hi, RPurple!!

Welcome the best affiliate forum on the Internet!!

While it is true that the market will fluctuate,
    I personally beleve that something is wrong at CJ. There are just too many odd patterns from very credible web site publishers to think otherwise.

Personally, I think that we know too little about how parasiteware/thiefware works and how it rips off the honest affiliate.

RPurple, It sounds to me like your site has been possibly targeted by some kind of parasiteware/thiefware.

I would suggest that everyone read the posts of Ben Edelman and Mrs. B to learn all that you can about parasiteware/thiefware. I think the parasiteware/thiefware problem is possibly a lot more serious than even the most experienced affiliates realize.

Good luck!!

RadarCat
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

ABW Ambassador
    "RPurple, It sounds to me like your site has been possibly targeted by some kind of parasiteware/thiefware."

Just RPurple's sites? Not the other people in this thread who sales are good/up: Jane, 7-days, me, redsand....hmm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast