Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    As I have said many times before, CJ's scripts do not work properly. They track/report all kinds of unrealistic data. As of this moment, today, I have had 63 unique clicks on one of my sports pages and CJ has tracked 3. I track the clicks myself in order to prove, once again, the inaccuracies of the CJ scripts.

huhu

huhu,

You need to get a basic understanding of how the Internet works before proclaiming these things. Your tracking is occuring before our tracking, which means although they may have clicked on your links, they were never referred to our links and redirected so we too could count and report them. It sounds like either your traffic is closing their browsers between when you count the click and we would redirect it or your script is not working correctly.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Todd,

The script that I am using to track the clicks is a very well known script, and is being used by thousands of webmasters out there. I have more than a "basic" understanding of the Internet. I have been programming for 24 years.
    Maybe you need to get a basic understanding of how to deal with thousands of complaining affiliates. Unless you haven't noticed, of course.

huhu

ABW Ambassador
    If 60 out of 63 clicks resulted in browser closing by the visitor, then I bet the affiliates, CJ and the merchants will be out of affiliate business soon.

In essense, I am not buying Todd's explanation about browser closing. I do not know this script, so I cannot comment. But generally speaking this kind of scripts are so simple to write, the chance of having incorrect codes is very low.

quote:
    Originally posted by huhu:
    As of this moment, today, I have had 63 unique clicks on one of my sports pages and CJ has tracked 3.
    If I'm not mistaken, isn't CJ's reporting partially delayed by a few hours or so? I think I also read somewhere on here that they only count 1 click by an IP address within a certain time frame.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Reporting appears to be a little slow today. That or I'm having a slow click through day...

CDC

My script has been working fine. CJ was tracking about 30-40% of the clicks of my script until today. I have made no changes to my script for about 2 weeks now.
    As I said last year before the CJU took place, we need a serious study of how accurate these scripts actually are, especially when they are being used by thousands of people simultaneously. We cannot assert that they are absolutely accurate when no such study has ever been done on them.
    Thank you all for responding to my message.

huhu

ABW Ambassador
    I've noticed that on my site as well. More clicks showing on my end than CJ's. However, upon further research, it appears that it's not that they're not tracking, it's just that the person clicking doesn't allow then new window (page) to open after they click and then they leave, which then shows a click on my end, but not cj's.

Have you checked this program to match up against other affiliate programs to see if the clicks line up 100%? That might be a way to verify a discrepancy.

CJ reports raw clicks. We do not filter the reporting for same IP or user ID. If someone double clicks a hyperlink, it gets counted twice.

Simple test: save a link for a PID you either do not use or create a test PID in a text file and save it as .html. Open page and click on the link and then on the back button and then on the link again (remember to keep track of each click and each impression - don't forget to count the first impression) You should have generated 2 impressions and two clicks. You will see your reporting updated within 1 - 2 hours and every click and impression will show up.
    Todd Crawford

Great idea.

Ok, everyone, join a merchant that you dont intend to use put one of their links up where only you can find it and click it a couple of dozen times and then post your results in this thread.

I think if you click two or three times it will be sufficient. We do not want to start a swell of worthless clicks - only a few people need to try this.

BTW, I have personally done this over a hundred times over the past 6 years and it works every time.
    Todd Crawford

ABW Ambassador
    go Tood

ABW Ambassador
    If a magician gives you the deck of cards to observe and all checks out fine ...I guess you'll just have to believe in magic, won't you?

Just forget the fact that reporting of sales are significantly lower through CJ than even PFX, SAS, etc.

The best test that can be conducted is to have a forum like ABW provides, so we can see what other publishers are experiencing with CJ compared to other networks. That's the bottom line, and no clicking of a non-used link saved to file could convince otherwise.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    huhu,

You need to get a basic understanding of how the Internet works before proclaiming these things. Your tracking is occuring before our tracking, which means although they may have clicked on your links, they were never referred to our links and redirected so we too could count and report them. It sounds like either your traffic is closing their browsers between when you count the click and we would redirect it or your script is not working correctly.
    as i understand what you're saying, a visitor clicks on the link then closes the browser before the loading reaches CJ.

well, the visitor must be pretty fast in doing that everytime, and secondly, why would he do that anyway?

I've never had a problem with CJ's reporting and I've been doing this as long as any of you have.

ABW Ambassador
    Same here, track the clicks, they are close enough to be right. huhu, you have been on ABW now, doing nothing but complaining about everyone's scripts - but your own unnamed script that cannot be questioned because you are a genius - did you ever think you have a bad script, you don't know how to set it up, or you don't understand the data it reports?

Yeah, i know the drill, you have a phd so that means I am wrong...

Chet

ABW Ambassador

To: huhu

Why don't you post your script code here and let everyone take a look at it?

RadarCat
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

Didn't CJ used to have real time reporting?

What happened?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Sanf,

It's much easier to rip off affiliates if you have real time reporting...

quote:
    well, the visitor must be pretty fast in doing that everytime, and secondly, why would he do that anyway?

Because it's not a direct link to the product he or she clicked.

Chez Noir,

Firstly, you are wrong. I am not complaining about EVERYONE's scripts. I am only saying that the scripts can be VERY WRONG! Especially when they are used simultaneously by thousands of people. We have seen tremendous discrepancies in performance from the messages of many people up here. These things cannot be explained as simply as you think. Customers do not behave like spasmodic creatures. Their click/impression habits are much more predictable than that.
    Now, the script I am talking about is NOT my script. This is why I cannot reveal its identity. However, I have been on CJ for several years and I can say that there is no doubt in my mind that the scripts do not behave normally for too many times to be neglected.

huhu

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by brian110872:
    quote:

Because it's not a direct link to the product he or she clicked.
    how can he tell that when the page hasn't even started loading yet. in fact, the browser hasn't even reached cj.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Jersey Jean:
    Sanf,

It's much easier to rip off affiliates if you have real time reporting...

Jersey Jean,

Is that true? Besides turning off the tracking something that I am sure some merchants do during peek hours, how would that work. I thought that with batch reporting it was easier to cheat affiliates?

I just want to know why the real time reporting is gone and what happens to the data between when the event occurs and when it is reported and why it takes so long. I am relatively certain that it used to be real time.

This time lag sort of got snuck in on us. At first, it was an exception. Now, it is expected. Why? What are they doing with the data that takes two hours?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    JerseyJean, only you could think that of real-time reporting.

And remember, not all CJ merchants use real-time, some use batch reporting. But I did not want to insult huhu's genius by thinking he did not already know that...

Chet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast