ABW Ambassador
    DentalPlans and HealthPlans 8.27.04
    -------------------------
    ActionCriteria Completed lead application.
    Action Referral Period 120 day(s)
    Action Referral Occurrences 1 time(s)
    Commission $3.50 USD

Performance Incentive For Number of Actions equal to or greater than 500 receive one time bonus of $25.00 USD.
    -------------------------

So if you made 500 leads, that's $1750 , BUT WOW WOW WOW! you receive a $25 Bonus (or a 1.4% more), Oh they are sooo generous offering this... Yeah 500 leads affiliates will notice the difference...

PD. I believe they are a very good program, but this is very cheap, humiliating.
    Fer(nando) - US & EU Marketing

Affiliate Manager
    Better than nothing...

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Don't forget to factor in the 120 day bullsh*t as the pay squatt on all but the first purchase.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I just got back and am about to enquire on this one
    This is from Playcentric
    old offer
    ActionCriteria Not Specified
    Action Referral Period 7 day(s)
    Action Referral Occurrences 1 time(s)
    Commission 5.00%

new offer
    ActionCriteria Not Specified
    Action Referral Period 7 day(s)
    Action Referral Occurrences Unlimited
    Commission $0.50 USD

I think all incentives that can't reasonably be achieved by any and all affiliates is ridiculous. I like to see growth based incentives. I was in sales for a long time and have seen all sorts of incentive plans. The ones based on growth outperformed and generated more overall sales than anything else. Look at it this way. If an affiliate normally generates 25 leads per month would they feel confident they could achieve 500? Absolutely not and that results in non participation. You have a large group of affiliates that could try an grow their business by 10% to win a prize. Wouldn't that result in more overall sales? Instead of setting up something for the top 50 affiliates do it for everyone. Do the math 50 affiliates shooting for more sales or 500 even 5,000 affiliates doing the same.

http and a telephoto
    I agree with Heyder, several merchants on CJ that I feature have performance incentives that I feel are within reach, so I am doing things to get to those incentive levels. The ones that want me to get to $10,000 in sales in one month that have low average purchases aren't getting my attention. The ones that want me to get to $1000 or $2500 are getting my concentration. Especially the ones with high average purchases and good conversion rates.

I read the terms for one new merchant and the text description says $10 per sale/lead and the actual payment info in the box below states $3.50 per sale/lead. They need to decide what their offer is and be consistent!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    I agree, that's not a great incentive, however note that's just on HealthPlans which is a lead based program DP does not have much margin on.
    Evan did not discuss these terms with me before changing them, but I'll have a talk with him and see what we can come up with for you.

I'm not sure I agree that ALL incentives should be reachable by all affiliates, but I would definitely agree that merchants should have incentives targeted to ALL of their affiliates. Tiered incentives are good. Help us all to stretch.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

This month, we will get a $50 'bonus' from one merchant, for selling over $15,000 in goodies, at a 15% commish level;-) PLUS another fat $25 'growth' bonus from another one, on top of their 700+ $ commish they gonna pay;-)

Hi, well we decided on that incentive just to try it out, but I agree completely that a more reachable goal is best, perhaps with a lower bonus. Definitely should have consulted with Linda on this one...Ok, we raised our HealthPlans payout to $3.50 per lead from $3.00. So how should we structure the incentive? 100 sales = $10 bonus?? And what about DentalPlans?? We have never offered an incentive for performance and I would like to hear some ideas. Our payout being what it is there isn't much room, but we'd be willing to listen to any great ideas to pump up our program.
    Thanks,
    Evan

ABW Ambassador
    Personally, I like the tiered % bonuses the best. They also seem to be more attainable. Again, I don't know how much incentive there is to someone who make 100 leads at $3.50/lead ($350) to get another 10. You'd probably have been better off leaving the lead at $3.00 and then giving a $50 bonus (the extra .50/lead) if you get 100.

But as I mentioned, I like getting an extra 1% if I reach a level, and then 2% for the next level, and so on.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread