Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Dear Mr SKINSTORE VP,
    I was looking at the keywords that you recommended for paid placement advertising. When I searched for those keywords in google and yahoo, I noticed that some of your affiliate coupon sites (ONE in particular) were using paid placement advertising to advertise 10% off with a SKINSTORE COUPON for most of the products that you recommended in the cj interface.They were even placed higher than you! Then I did a search for coupon codes for the skinstore and I realized that 100's of sites were advertising the same coupon codes for 5%, 10% and even 20% off. (In fact there were expired coupon codes listed as far back as 2003) I looked for the coupon codes in the cj interface and could not find any of them. Can you please direct us to where those coupon codes are posted? It's easy enough for all of your affiliates to do a search for skinstore + coupons and copy and use those coupons but it would be easier to have them posted in the commission junction interface so that all of your affiliates would have access to them. These are all the same coupons so they are not individualized.

AND BY THE WAY YOU SAID on July 21, 2004,
    "You guys still have to compete as affiliates because the last affiliate that gets clicked gets the commission. We pay commissions all day long under this scenario. I challenge you to see for yourselves. Do you have the skills required to reach the optimal position?"

YEAH WE ALL have to compete as affiliates, but in the present scenario we all know who will get the last click???? It does not take any real SEO skills to offer a coupon code that other affiliates don't have access to.

YOU Also Said:
    "What’s unfriendly about our top affiliates making over $18,000 commissions in any given month? What’s unfriendly about 100’s of our affiliates making over $2,000 commissions per month. What’s unfriendly about 1,000’s of our affiliates making $100’s of dollars each month?"

Yeah well I guess if all of your affiliates had access to those coupon codes then maybe there would be a level playing field. I guess the JULY4 coupon code for 20% off that I still see advertised on some of the sites must have made some affiliates a bundle. I am for all of the affiliates making money, but it has to be fair for everyone.

Although I am a newbie here, I would say something about this.

How much money you earned depends on how much effort you put on that company. As an affiliate, we have to compete with each other, some affiliate earn money by good search engine position, some by spam eamils, some by ppc. Every one has his own method to promote the merchant, so don't blame others when you didn't put enough effort to promote a merchant. This is a fair game, if you are smart, if you put enough work on it, you will know where you can get the coupon information.

Many merchants offer coupons, and lots of them may not all listed in cj, because these merchants know good affiliate will always find some really working methods if you really put effort promote their business, so if you want to find something others don't see, try harder, think smarter

ABW Ambassador
    I'm Hysterical, within 30 minutes of my post the "particular" site that was advertising all weekend the 10% off coupon removed most of their ppc ads and removed the mention of the 10% coupon code from most areas in their site. Now that is odd because I would think that these coupon codes should be fair game for everyone so why remove the ads and the mention of the coupon code??

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by happyallday:
    Although I am a newbie here, I would say something about this.

How much money you earned depends on how much effort you put on that company. As an affiliate, we have to compete with each other, some affiliate earn money by good search engine position, some by spam eamils, some by ppc. Every one has his own method to promote the merchant, so don't blame others when you didn't put enough effort to promote a merchant. This is a fair game, if you are smart, if you put enough work on it, you will know where you can get the coupon information.

Many merchants offer coupons, and lots of them may not all listed in cj, because these merchants know good affiliate will always find some really working methods if you really put effort promote their business, so if you want to find something others don't see, try harder, think smarter

I am not mad or blaming others, I found the coupon codes easily by just searching for the merchant in question and coupons. I just think that when a merchant recommends certain keywords to his affiliates for paid placement advertising then I think that all of the affiliates should have access to the same coupon codes. If you had read my post carefully you would have seen that I said that these coupon codes were not INDIVIDUALIZED, they were on 100's of coupon sites. So they were not special codes given to special affiliates.

ABW Ambassador
    read this thread,
    http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?q=Y&...=466102226&p=1
    then email the AM (cpulice at skinstore.com) and ask what's allowable so you know for sure.

I know many merchants don't allow you show coupon codes at your website,maybe skinstore is one of them.

ABW Ambassador
    happyallday:

you can work as hard as you want on a merchant when the cookie overwriters change your code or other parasites take away your traffic.

infoseeker:

the coincidence that alle coupons are removed let me think that the couponers are skinstore themselves.

carneol

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by carneol:
    happyallday:

you can work as hard as you want on a merchant when the cookie overwriters change your code or other parasites take away your traffic.

infoseeker:

the coincidence that alle coupons are removed let me think that the couponers are skinstore themselves.

carneol

Hi Carneol,
    Actually in this case, this site was not one of the skinstores mirror sites, it was a commission junction skinstore affiliate. But truthfully, I hope that the skinstore VP whom I am sure is the same person as Cory Pulice, the AM since his real title is VP of e-commerce or his new account manager AMY, will come here and clarify his policy on these coupons. Because if we can all use them, then this affiliate did not need to remove them from his site. Hopefully all of his affiliates can use them.

see what I get from skinstore before:

Always include SkinStore.com in your ad text (if your ad url is redirecting to SkinStore.com.)

Never mention a specific price, discount or discount code in your ad text.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by happyallday:
    see what I get from skinstore before:

Always include SkinStore.com in your ad text (if your ad url is redirecting to SkinStore.com.)

Never mention a specific price, discount or discount code in your ad text.

Hi Happyallday,
    Thanks, you have it in writing from the SKINSTORE! So I would interpret that; as you can use the coupon codes on your site, but you can not advertise them. Is that how you interpret it?

correct, and I think this makes affiliate difficult to promote the merchant

You guys have been busy. Here’s our view on coupons from the source. While it might not be the answer you guys were looking for and it’s not going to make me any more popular than I already am, its reality.

We send coupons to our SkinStore Club Members. These are intended to be exclusive offers. These are not intended for the use of our affiliates. We look at this as our way of internally marketing to our base of existing customers. I don’t believe this is a new idea and in fact it’s a common approach. We look at our affiliate program as a customer acquisition program. So what’s the life time value of a customer and how much are we willing to pay in commissions to gain a new customer. Quite frankly we simply do not have enough margins when we pay affiliate commissions at 15% and customers redeem coupons. I suppose we could offer 8%-10% commissions like most and then allow the wide spread use of coupons or we could consider elimination of coupon site affiliates that misuse our coupon codes and create an unfair advantage for themselves.

We have a development effort underway to incorporate serial coupons which should go a long way towards eliminating the misuse of our coupon codes. This is going to take time. Amy and I will discuss this issue further to see if there’s a short term solution. If anyone out there would like to offer alternative solutions to this issue please post them and we will consider.

We will also consider updating our program details page to make this clearer.

Internet Cowboy

ABW Ambassador
    SkinstoreVP:
    please tell us that skinstore is not their own affiliate. Is skinstore.com an affiliate of skinstore.com? And did you realize that skinstore.com is targeted by 180com cookieoverwriting? Did you realize that you are paying commissions to 180com and affiliates using their software of your own origin traffic?

carneol

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    SkinstoreVP:
    please tell us that skinstore is not their own affiliate. Is skinstore.com an affiliate of skinstore.com? And did you realize that skinstore.com is targeted by 180com cookieoverwriting? Did you realize that you are paying commissions to 180com and affiliates using their software of your own origin traffic?

carneol

Ok I see it now, the skinstore is on the list of Domains Targeted by 180solutions Own-Affiliate "Double" Popups
    http://www.benedelman.org/spyware/18...ts-double.html

The skinstore says "You will not see us listed at 180 solutions".
    So how can 1-800 solutions get paid for skinstore affiliate commissions if the skinstore says they are not one of their affiliates?

OK now I understand. Ben just explained it in another thread so I edited this post to add this info.

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...3346#422103346

ABW Ambassador
    Should I believe that we never will hear something from Mr. SkinstoreVP?

carneol

ABW Ambassador
    quote:

carneol

I hope that he will address this very important issue. This information will eventually get out to his affiliates.

quote:
    SkinstoreVP:
    please tell us that skinstore is not their own affiliate. Is skinstore.com an affiliate of skinstore.com?
    No we are not. Do we have an in-house staff dedicated to SEO? Yes we do. Do we have websites that we control outside our domain that send us traffic? Yes we do.

And did you realize that skinstore.com is targeted by 180com cookieoverwriting?
    Not until today after reading the post that Ben started concerning 1800 solutions. We do not see them in our program however there could be publishers using their software or bidding on keywords that we are unaware of. I am contacting Todd Crawford directly to review our program.
    Did you realize that you are paying commissions to 180com and affiliates using their software of your own origin traffic?

carneol

quote:
    Originally posted by infoseeker:
    quote:

carneol

I hope that he will address this very important issue. This information will eventually get out to his affiliates.

Sorry I will not be able to address concerns here on a day to day basis. I will check in from time to time to stay abreast of any new concerns that might arise here. With regard to the 180 solutions issue: We do not condone these types of business practices and will continue to investigate this very serious matter. Should we find these parasitic publishers they will be terminated from our program.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    I am contacting Todd Crawford directly to review our program.

Kinda like reporting rights violations by the police to the police.

quote:
    Originally posted by Chief_Bobbit:
    quote:
    I am contacting Todd Crawford directly to review our program.

Kinda like reporting rights violations by the police to the police.

That's a good one.

Internet Cowboy
    If this guy can't address issues in here daily he probably should have thought twice about coming in here and getting everyone so stirred up.
    Everyone just drop his two-bit program and save the man some time.

ABW Ambassador
    "And did you realize that skinstore.com is targeted by 180com cookieoverwriting?
    Not until today after reading the post that Ben started concerning 1800 solutions. We do not see them in our program however there could be publishers using their software or bidding on keywords that we are unaware of. I am contacting Todd Crawford directly to review our program.
    Did you realize that you are paying commissions to 180com and affiliates using their software of your own origin traffic?"

Actually you need to contact Haiko. He has the list of affiliate PIDs from Ben that are involved.

ABW Ambassador
    Mr SKINSTORE VP,
    You tell some of us that we cannot use skinstore club coupons and then others go ahead and not only use them but advertise your new 10% off coupon with yahoo in their paid placement advertising. It's one thing to list these coupons on affiliates sites, but to advertise these coupons with paid placement advertising is very unfair to the other affiliates who are abiding by your "RULES" and very blatant!! And by the way, the same affiliate that is doing it, was doing it before. So Unfortunately, he is creating a playing field that is very unfair to the other affiliates.

ABW Ambassador
    So what if skinstore is his own affiliate and uses those tactics? Are you Mr. Skinstore VP?

carneol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast