Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    I just went to a site that is very annoying. Wherever they have links for cj merchants all you need to do is to scroll over the hyperlinks without clicking on them and you get all these pop ups of the merchants pages. When you x them out they immediately pop up again when you go anywhere near the hyperlinks.(and to x them out you need to go over the hyperlinks again) Before you know it you have tons of merchants pages open and you can not close them out fast enough. Very annoying!!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    You need to use CJ's inhouse help service to alert them to the fact that this affiliate is forcing clicks. "Inappropriate" forced clicks (whatever the heck that is) are not permitted in CJ's COC.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Rhea:
    You need to use CJ's inhouse help service to alert them to the fact that this affiliate is forcing clicks. "Inappropriate" forced clicks (whatever the heck that is) are not permitted in CJ's COC.

Hi Rhea,
    Is that what that is. I never knew what forced clicks were. Now I know!! Thanks, I will contact AAQ.

That's just one form of a forced click. I've seen a few more than that
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Not the only form, but certainly the most frustrating one.

Yikes.

ABW Ambassador
    Ok so it is against cj's COC now?? I will be very interested in seeing what cj. does about this.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Yup, it's against the COC. Got get 'em!

ABW Ambassador
    The sad part of all of this is that this affiliate is a member of ABW. Once he had a big problem that many people on this board helped him with. He reads this board, so I suspect that he will probably reverse what he is doing before cj sees it. The last time I mentioned something on this board regarding something else he was doing that was "questionable" he very quickly removed it.

However, this forced click situation seems to be very new. What amazes me is that he is doing it after cj came out with this new COC. Some people are really low.

ABW Ambassador
    And Guess What, I just checked; he removed the forced clicks on his site LOL. Just like the last time. Really pathetic. I really wanted cj to see this one. Oh well, the power of ABW

ABW Ambassador
    I would still report that site to CJ and maybe just maybe they will redflag it and keep an eye on him/her. Obviously they looked at this thread in the few hours since you posted that comment.

And if we're lucky, CJ will pay close attention to this affiliate.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    > The sad part of all of this is that this affiliate is a member of ABW.

In situations like this I think a link to this persons site would be good.

I hate two faced, liars, spies, and hipocrites that post on these sites and then sometimes they themselfs come back and post don't do this and do that, but in the background they are doing it themself.

Yes, it might be against ABW not to post other links but this board is supposed to be about ethical affiliates and if you are not ethical then sites like this should be known.

Cj and merchants should also let this person know that this type of site is not acceptable, but the reality is that it's all about the money and they will inform the affiliate but very slowly and only when brought up or caught.

I think if you are an honest and ethical affiliate, like me with no tricks on their sites, then you have nothing to hide and all those "in favor" should vote to let these types of sites, specially if they are an ABW member that is supposed to know what we are always talking about and against then, Run For The Border.

My 2 C

quote:

No, I do not agree because they don't deserve mob mentality. We lost a very good member here because people started making threats. His issue was totally unrelated but I don't ever want that to happen again to anyone.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by REM:
    I would still report that site to CJ and maybe just maybe they will redflag it and keep an eye on him/her. Obviously they looked at this thread in the few hours since you posted that comment.

And if we're lucky, CJ will pay close attention to this affiliate.

REM, that's a very good idea. In fact when I went back to his site, I was going to look at the view source to see if there was something that I could copy and paste for cj, just in case this affiliate read this thread and removed it, but when I went there, the forced clicks were already gone. But I will definitely contact cj, so that they could red flag his site.

What gets me is first he advertises with yahoo paid placement using coupon codes for 10% off from a merchant that the other affiliates are not supposed to use and then when you are sucked in to going to his site he uses forced clicks. And all of this after he had a big problem months ago that he brought to this board. Outrageous

> he brought

Ok, so far we know it's a "He" or is that a figure of speech...

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by jrami:
    > The sad part of all of this is that this affiliate is a member of ABW.

I hate two faced, liars, spies, and hipocrites that post on these sites and then sometimes they themselfs come back and post don't do this and do that, but in the background they are doing it themself.

Yes, it might be against ABW not to post other links but this board is supposed to be about ethical affiliates and if you are not ethical then sites like this should be known.

Cj and merchants should also let this person know that this type of site is not acceptable, but the reality is that it's all about the money and they will inform the affiliate but very slowly and only when brought up or caught.

I think if you are an honest and ethical affiliate, like me with no tricks on their sites, then you have nothing to hide and all those "in favor" should vote to let these types of sites, specially if they are an ABW member that is supposed to know what we are always talking about and against then, Run For The Border.

My 2 C

I agree with you, but I know that would not be allowed.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:

About posting their links here first, I don't think that is a good idea_ because, shit could happens and if there is a mistake about an innocent member link that was posted here in the heat of the moment and that member was framed by a real crook, then that member will be jinx for life around here.

Now! If it's established beyond any doubt that they are cheating and that they are making money at our trust expense, then it's payback time.

If we found an very active ABW member or merchant that keep on posting don't do this and do that, but in the background they are doing it themself, well..... where can I buy the rope, I already have the tall tree.

Sal.

I thought about not posting it here and just reporting it to cj, but since it's a holiday weekend and I am not so sure that cj would have done anything about it, I decided to post it here knowing that this person was a member of ABW and that he would eventually read the thread like he did a few weeks ago. As far as this situation, I felt as though the ABW board would be a more powerful tool.

Initially, I really did not even know what I was seeing. I had never seen a situation where you just scroll over a hyperlink and you get all of these pages popping all over the place!! I had a feeling that it was something that an affiliate should not be doing but I was not 100% sure.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:

You can try the Google Cached Pages, the Internet Archive: Wayback Machine, your own history Cached Pages, etc, etc ... There is more than one way to catch a crook or a wise guy, if you have the time, the dedication or the need to do it.

Sal.

I did go back to the pages where the forced clicks were and the cached pages were from 12 days ago so it did not show up since this was relatively new.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Out the bugger using the poorman's BHO cookie stuffing tricks. Let the legit couponers hang him from a tree.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

There are several people here that post that I know of that are auto setting cookies. A Couple of them post often. I have reported these sites, some are habitual offenders, they change shortly after being reported, and then when the heat is off, they do it again.
    And nothing is ever done by the networks. They get chance after chance to do it. No consequences, so they figure why not.

> why it took you so long to figured out

It did not take long, I always know.

It's just that sometimes we get pi--sed and this people need to be exposed so the more posting in favor of outing them the better.

Even though I know there are hundreds that don't even come to abw or know about abw but when somebody knows it's a two-faced member then it's time for the "rope", but to give to them.

> shit could happens and if there is a mistake about an innocent member

I agree, I think the person who found the site should send and email or PM to the site owner first and ask not to do again, and if found out they are doing again then no second chances.

But, like I said if you are already and abw member and have been here more that 6 months reading then you know doing these un-ethical things will come back to bite you.

> And nothing is ever done by the networks. They get chance after chance to do it. No consequences, so they figure why not.

That is what get to me that network and the merchants that allow it to continue even though they already know.

But, like I said it's about the $$$

quote:
    some are habitual offenders, they change shortly after being reported, and then when the heat is off, they do it again.
    And nothing is ever done by the networks. They get chance after chance to do it. No consequences, so they figure why not.
    This is what really pisses me off about the Networks, you give them ample proof of these scams and they still do nothing. All the perps get is a "please don't do it again" and they are set to do exactly the same scam the week after.
    Its no friggin wonder they do it if the Networks make it so easy for them.

When will you start the public executions Linkshare & CJ?
    Book me a front row seat if I cannot be the executioner.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

> another way but, I will not say it, since I don't trust where the posts end up

So what say it, atleast you won't be posting the persons link but we can see who they are for ourselfs

There are many reasons I don't post them here. For starters it is against the rules.
    And for seconds, those who out others are attacked, targetted, etc.
    I just keep reporting it to the networks, that is what we are supposed to do.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    As well as the networks, I'd be inclined to notify the merchants whose banners appear in the multiple popups. Many of them would be shocked to see their brands used in a way that would turn people off them and might well dump the affiliate very quickly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast