Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    [I'm snipping this so it can be discussed in private - Karl]

[edited the quote as I changed my posting in the audible forum]

Karl,

My decision has nothing to do with the Google post, it is related to the conference call you and I participated in and why 9/10 was cancelled.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Will we be getting explanation about why the forum is being shut down? I'm not an affiliate of theirs, but thought about signing up, but now I worry that maybe there is something about them that I am not aware of, that might influence my decision to promote them or not.

I was going to let this thread just die, but Bubbles, I think you deserve some sort of answer.

The program is fine, it's strong, we are paying out more money than ever before.

As for an explaination for why the forum is closed, it's complicated, but has nothing to do with the program or Audible.

Thank you.

Beth

Same here..... Haiko Are they a trustful merchant too work with.. Did something go that we should know? send me a private message Haiko. Cause I am an affiliate but haven't had any success with Audible I am interested Beth Seems like a nice person too work with. Is it all the publicity that audible is getting though internet news?

Audible's manager responded in the closed thread located at:

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...89&m=219104037

My decision has nothing to do with the program, itself, only the actions of the affiliate manager.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Haiko,

Can you please PM me with more details, I'm doing pretty well with their program ... and if you have closed it's forum, it must be something serious...

Regards,
    AB
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

quote:
    Originally posted by Haiko:
    My decision has nothing to do with the program, itself, only the actions of the affiliate manager.

Did she eat the last donut?

What's 9/10, the number before 9/11?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

quote:
    Originally posted by SSanf:
    What's 9/10, the number before 9/11?

I'm as confused as you are Sandra. I don't know the reason but I'd like to know.

I am worried as well I applied for their program on Thursday because of their ebooks for ipods

ABW Ambassador
    I'm not worried, Mikey.

Audible has been a good addition to my book review site, although recorded books or ebooks are not huge sellers there. More so, Beth has been helpful, courteous and friendly.

This is distressing in the same way as when two of your friends stop speaking to each other for reasons neither wish to disclose.

Wayne

Audible is a good program, the only thing you should be alerted to as an affiliate is that when you subscribe if you don't use your monthly credits they get lost, they don't carry forward.

I will not get into detail publicly nor in PMs as to why I decided to remove the forum, but I will say this, I will not in any way support the efforts of a person who attempts to manipulate, blatantly misrepresents and engages in 6th grade schoolyard politics against affiliates, ABW and myself.

9/10 was a meeting date SSanf, a meeting to discuss industry issues that was canceled because of the specific actions of this person.

I will not comment further on this issue nor audible henceforth.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    <OMG> makes note to self </OMG>

<note to self>Avoid phone calls. At least, if you have to spend the time writing it out, you have a chance to review and be sure that what you say conveys what your intended meaning was. What writing lacks in spontenaity is well compensated by accurate and well thought out presentation of ideas. Additionally, while writing can certainly be quoted out of context, it is hard for it to be misquoted to a third party and is less subject to misinterpretation.</note to self>
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    I suggest no one draw any conclusions based on what were seeing here.

It's like parents fighting, worse like the parent with custody arguing one side of the battle in front of the children. If the parents cannot calmly discuss the issues with the children, the next best thing is to simply state there has been a disagreement and that a change is being made in a matter-of-fact, non-judgemental tone.

Sorry, I can't take sides here. Best regards to both parties.

Wayne

Haiko,

You have banned me from posting on this forum as you publicly attack me with twisted truths. So I'm posting under a different name.

I can't believe what you just wrote and the twisted truths. The one I find most shocking is "attacks against affiliates" Excuse me, I did no such thing. Any affiliate who knows me would find that hard to believe.

If you and I have a difference, so be it. To make it public without even giving me a chance to talk to you about is your choice.

This is very personal vendetta in a very public place. I tried to talk to you and you refused. If that is how you choose to do business, so be it.

I assume you will edit or delete this post, but hope you will use the ABW platform to allow a fair exchange since you choose to make this issue public.

Beth

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'm not sure how it relates to the present case, but:

I will heartily agree with what Ssanf said on general principles! I've gotten off the phone thinking, "WTF did I say *that* for?" enough that I've learned to avoid the infernal instrument except in cases of emergency.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I leave to go on holiday and return to find one of my favorite programs loses their forum!

Apparently there is something amiss with Haiko and Beth – but who is suffering?

As an affiliate Beth has worked with me tirelessly, she spent numerous hours on the phone and on this board making sure I understood the MP3 Market.

How could things have degraded so far so fast?

Is there a remedy ahead or is this it with Audibles and ABW?

Is there a resolve that can be worked out to still benefit the affiliates working with the program?

After reading other posts questioning the program – I have NEVER had an issue with Beth or the program.

What happened to this post?
    http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...5&m=4106021785

quote:
    My decision has nothing to do with the program, itself, only the actions of the affiliate manager. ~ Haiko

Sorry not to offend anyone here. What I learn from this:
    First - it is a good indicator that a good program could be disappeared (from a public forum) because of one person. This case could also be happened to a network or anything that relies to only one person.
    Second – a wise man said that a best solution when we face a heavy problem is: sit back and think over and over. That’s only good in a book.
    Third – let me think over.
    IRS
    Don't ask why the ball doesn't come.

Just from past observation, I think one can safely assume this is it for Audible on ABW.

Perhaps, they will open their own forum somewhere.

Sandra(SSanf) we agree again!

Are we on a trend?

NOOOOOO -- Diversity (remember)

But I am not sure Beth deserves to be banned? What exactly did she do? Give up trade secrets?

Anything less deserves temp post ban? But not full ban WTF is going on?

Yeah, I notice we agree about 25% of the time. Otherwise, we are throwing poop balls at each other. I really like ya, anyhow, ya know.

Personally, I think it was the darned phone calls. One person says something, the other disagrees then it escalates.

I think well thought out, calm writing is the way to go on sensitive topics.

Sandra I am a naturalist - we cannot agree other than politics

And we disagree! but that's OK

Its as its supposed to be!

I think so, too. Dang! Another agreement. What is the world coming to?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast