Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Any body have same condition like me? over 3 days my sales was delayed or my sites not generated sales, on cj panel i have more than 500 clicks, since early september

Wish I had 500 clicks in 3 days.

ABW Ambassador
    if this is any consolation to you, my commission amounts at cj and befree are going backwards. it's going the other way.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    I have seen a fall in overall commissions, traffic and conversions networkwide, trying to find out any reasons still, but there is a fall, that's for sure, and it's happened in the past three days.
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

Web Site== All web sites
    Period== This Month
    Commission earned== $0.00 USD
    Sales== 0
    Leads== 0
    Clicks== 762
    Impressions== 38,399

but i never got this situation before!
    thanks guys for your support, i'm not crying again now

ABW Ambassador
    how long have you been in affiliate marketing?

From the number of your impressions, I suspect you show many product images on one page. When this is the case, 762 clicks does not mean 762 individual viewers. Often users will click on many different products to check the details of the products, especially if you do not display the prices.

I suspect your 762 clicks are actually 100 to 150 actual individual viewers. It often takes that many to generate one sale. I think you are crying too soon unless your past performance shows differently.

That is why EPC is a poor measure of success and I never pay any attention to it. EPC is too dependant on site design to tell much.

I have a similar type set up and for August my stats for CJ are

Commission earned== $351.18
    Sales== 29
    Clicks== 7,800
    Impressions== 895,908

You see that the EPC is outrageous according to some. It doesn't matter because that is the way my site is set up. The bottom line, the money I earn from my one, actually active, CJ merchant is enough for me to keep them up and ignore everything but how much money do I get from them.

And, since I am sending them over $3,500 in sales every month, the merchant isn't about to drop me for low EPC since my buyers all made significant purchases, averaging well over $100, when they bought.

I suggest you ignore EPC and those who tout it as the end all and be all measure of success as well.

You have traffic. People are interested enough in the merchandise to look at several items when they see your page. That means you will sell stuff. So, be patient.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I have a strong relationship with my cj merchants and my sales, clicks and (who give a crap about impressions) is down almost 75% in the past week, I have 1 sale in september and so far all cj said was my sites - all 4 of my malls are getting less traffic coming to my cj merchants and I should change or add new merchants. Boy wouldn't my AM friends love to hear that.

Hey now that I am not sell s... for them - they might. Wow and just in time for my shoe store to offer 25% commish to loose at least a week of sales while my personal traffic on my server and sites is the same - and all looking for Dr scholls and keen shoes - wouldn't you know it, my shoe store on cj sells them!!!

I am so happy others are having the same problem, because alone I cannot get cj to listen to me! They keep telling me my traffic is down - only on cj!

this my August stats on CJ

Commission earned== over $500.00
    Sales== 61
    Clicks== 8,522
    Impressions== 482,047

quote:
    Originally posted by waytogo:
    how long have you been in affiliate marketing?

since early 2001, i start learn affiliate marketing, almost all my site using product catalog from CJ, every site promoting specific product from merchants, one of my site used PPC to advertise (not Google Adwords or Overture), some sites had great traffic both from yahoo or google.

August 2004:
    Commission earned $700.25 USD
    Sales 120
    Leads 0
    Clicks 15,431

September:
    Commission earned $5.43 USD
    Sales 1
    Leads 0
    Clicks 372

My 3 malls are very precise, I only market quality merchants! I do not have junk and my visitors are very clear of what they want, not so many surfers - just people looking for quality brands and stuff. 1 sale in 3 days NOT OK.

ABW Ambassador
    sales slow this month but still OK ! and people tend to buy cheap things

Stardutchess, are you selling seasonal things?

One would naturally expect certain items to stop selling.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Hey everbody,

Really good thread, not that sales are slow but lots of good information.

My sales for Sept. are slow also on all my sites. Just a reminder it is a holiday weekend, there is a major hurricane affecting over 1 million people on the east coast. The Republican convention was happening this week.

So overall I'm not expecting a very busy weekend.

Hope you all have a safe holiday.

Spider Man

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It seems to be a typical US holiday weekend. In other words, LOUSY!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

SSanf - I have 3 malls, one is regional and the rest are virtual malls, I sell alot of things. Andy Rodriguez suggested I diversify after the Tiger crisis - so I signed up with well known companies and have 50 or so merchants in my malls. I do not too much confusion, I use mostly datafeeds and use as much info I can from my friend Andy - but do not promote that many of his stores yet. I promote well known stores and well known brands. Most of my traffic is focused on WELL KNOWN names. And cj just happens to have quite a few of them. Fredericks of Hollywood just pulled their datafeed and product links last week, I sold well with them, also cj changed the domains, shoes started a 25% commission and Joanns dropped off the charts even though they usually had several sales. My clicks aren't tracking so cj says my traffic isn't there of course if my clicks to not register than cj can say my traffic dropped!!

My question is this - the ones that are doing great -did they convert to the new code already, the ones that are doing poorly like me - didn't get our code changed yet. I have 10 merchants and 5 datafeeds to convert and it will take me a minute. In the mean time - no sales.

I've been wondering if the parasites have really concentrated on hammering the sites with unchanged links, because the new ones are giving them problems.

It'd be a good sign, actually, if that were the case.

-- Mike
    A joy shared is a joy doubled.
    A burden shared is a burden lightened.

Don't you think it is way too early to think that many people have changed their links? Remember most affiliates are NOT ABW members, and this IS a holiday weekend. I would think it will be at least a month or two before even 50% of the links are changed. It isn't even on my to do list, since the old links work.

I will probably do it when the product line needs updating.

Fredericks just sold 2 items and pacsun 1 item - I love abw, you can come out here and complain and all of a sudden cj pushes the button - hey how about checking out the past few days and find out what button you need to push to get back those lost sales. Lets see, I have hundreds looking for fredericks, and hundreds looking for shoes. Love to sell some shoes since Brook has a great deal going this month!

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Don't you think it is way too early to think that many people have changed their links? Remember most affiliates are NOT ABW members, and this IS a holiday weekend. I would think it will be at least a month or two before even 50% of the links are changed.

Change our links to.....? I'm missing something aren't I? LOL

ABW Ambassador
    Could be a few reasons.

Holiday weekend, getting in the last days of summer.
    School just started for lots, maybe parents going out and getting more school clothes, helping with homework, don't know.
    Football just starting up again, college football all day today.
    Elections coming up, maybe people are holding off on spending just a little.
    Hurricane in Florida could have a little affect.

For online shopping the weekend is always slower than the weekdays. When i first started i thought the weekends would get more traffic/sales but people love shopping from work on their high speed connections. We still have the best quarter of the year coming up

ABW Ambassador
    ABW --

From a merchants point of view, sales are usually slower in August for us than any other time of the year.

The good news is that Labor Day seems to be a psychological "switch" that makes people want to shop again. Prior to Labor day, what is on most peoples minds are BBQs, the Olypmics, the vacations they are taking, and getting their kids ready for school again.

In two weeks, sales for everyone should start spiking up there by 20% or so.

This year I'm still a bit worried about the overall economy, the unending war with Iraq, and the upcoming election which I think will make this year one of the first years of declined sales the Internet has seen in a while.

Even Amazon feels the sting a bit:

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/tr...amazon.com#top

I look at that graph to make my feel better from time to time I know it's just Alexa, but it's still a good enough rough guide to be informative:

Check out Ebay:

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/tr...l=ebay.com#top

YIKES!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by SamyT:

Change our links to.....? I'm missing something aren't I? LOL

Yep--you seemed to have missed this thread:

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...89&m=384104227
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Thanks Leader! I had the same question.

Just took a look at that thread, it's gona take awhile to read this one, 6 pages!

posted by: SuP3r G1rl,

Originally posted by SuP3r G1rL:
    Any body have same condition like me? over 3 days my sales was delayed or my sites not generated sales, on cj panel i have more than 500 clicks, since early september
    -------------------------------------------

..........don't worry, I suspect sales will start to increase as summer vacations are ending for many, and we get closer to winter holidays.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast