Hi everyone,
    Have been poking around the CJ site, and a bit here, but need a little help.

1. I'm want to locate and use ads that are automatically updated by the advertiser - are these 'smart ads' or do they have some other name? (I think they are DLM on LinkShare).
    2. I understand that not all/many advertisers may use these, so I want to do a search in particular categories, and all categories for those advertisers that do offer this type of ad - but I'm having a bit of trouble with that form of advanced search - always comes up with 'no results found'

Grateful for a little assistance...

MrBo

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    MrBo, I'm not sure if there's a designated term for the type of ads you're looking for. I have one merchant who calls ads of that type "dynamic" but I don't know if that's a CJ term or one that the AM chose.

Interesting question. It'd be nice if CJ did have an official term for ads of that type so we could search for them.

Hi Rhea,
    yes, 'dynamic' rings a bell, I think that's a term I read in the pdf help document - but when I scan merchant's links, I don't see that term....

I checked the "additional link options" for CJ search and "dynamic links" aren't included in the drop-down menu.

Oh Todd!

Hi Mr Bo,

Do you mean SmartZone?
    quote:
    From CJ:
    SmartZones are dynamic ad holders. Each SmartZone must be associated with one of your Web sites. Once you've created and placed the code for a SmartZone on your web pages, the ads that appear in that SmartZone can be updated and rotated from Commission Junction publisher account manager

If that so, go to Get Links and then SmartZone Setting
    IRS
    Don't ask why the ball doesn't come.

Hi IRS, and thanks for replying.
    No, it's not 'smart zone' - that is just a smart 'envelope' from our aspect and something we do - my enquiry relates to the type of ad that the ad creator makes.

MrBo

ABW Ambassador
    The only advertiser I know of that does this is Shoes.com - they sometimes substitute all of the banners, which can be terribly annoying as it undermines the effort that was put in to select banners targetting specific categories on different pages.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, what you're looking for are dynamic ads, the ones i like Where you just put the ad on your site and it will update on its own with whatever the merchant chooses, usually the current promotion or something like that. Lots of merchants have them, i wish they were all labeled so they would be easy to find. Some do label them and just look for dynamic or auto-updating. I think what you have to do is just keep track on your own which ones are dynamic. When i first started i was looking for these and just had 1 page with nothing but banners and then watched which ones updated on their own. I would just look for the word dynamic when you go to get links or maybe email the affiliate manager and they might know which ones update on their own.

Also I think it's important when we're talking to AMs to ask them to consider creating a dynamic banner or two. One for promotions and one for holidays if appropriate, but in several sizes ideally.

If CJ could include an advanced search option for dynamic banners that would be terrific. Then they have to get the word out to the AMs.

Mmm, thanks Trust.
    Must say that from CJ's position, this is a bit poor isn't it? Makes it a lot harder than it needs to be!!!!!

MrBo

quote:
    Originally posted by Mr Bo:
    Mmm, thanks Trust.
    Must say that from CJ's position, this is a bit poor isn't it? Makes it a lot harder than it needs to be!!!!!

MrBo
    Try small banners,or logos
    JJ

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread