Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    How do the results compare to the old links?

Making any more sales?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

SSanf I'm using them and sadly sales seem to have declined! Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I wonder how good they are tracking.

ABW Ambassador
    I ahven't seen any increase. What I have seen though is that it's taking a little longer to connect to the linked to store. Evidently they didn't add more servers even though they added more code that would hit the CJ servers.

http and a telephoto
    I'm using the new links and sales are up.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I am using them (although I haven't had time to change most of my links yet), and I am seeing a slight improvement in sales. Whether it's due to the new links or the time of year is difficult to say. I'll have a better idea when all my links are changed.

ABW Ambassador
    I am using the new links but there is an overall plunge in cj sales as compared to the indys and other networks.

I hope they test some more to make sure they track and we get the full return days we are supposed to have.

ABW Ambassador
    So, so far down, steady, up, up, down. Since it's getting into holiday season a lot of peoples sales will be going up. Hopefully Todd will chime in when he gets back and answers Poon's question about the new domains and the parasites. They know the old ones and aren't supposed to pop off them, but they're not supposed to know the new ones, so they don't know not to pop off them. Personally i don't think you'll notice much difference, even if everybody changed out their links, you'll still have up, down, steady.

steady up here, sales from stores I haven't seen in ages.. I also have the "af" thing at the end of every link as well.

Sales down on the old links and down on the new links. OK maybe I said that wrong, sales gone on the old links and down on the new links!

not sure but the CJ change may have been to get around n o r t o n blocking, or perhaps qksrv getting into hosts files. or something.

Anyone using the encrypted links as well? I've done a few and sales seem to be down for them. Any thoughts?
    Mike Allen | <a href="https://twitter.com/mta1">@mta1</a>
    <a href="http://www.businesswright.com">Businesswright Consulting</a> | <a href="http://www.shopping-bargains.com">Shopping-Bargains</a>

ABW Ambassador
    I'm just keeping the links i have on my sites. When i go to get new ones, i just copy and paste whatever shows up. With the new links with encrption that should give you protection against Norton. But i know with the old links the parasitic applications are supposed to recognize the qksrv and not pop. They're not supposed to know all the new ones so i can't see how they know not to pop off them, what Poon has been asking:

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?q=Y&...=384104227&p=7

"Since the parasites stayed away from qksrv links and it's likley you didn't divulge a big list of domains to the parasites, it would seem that the new links are "fresh meat" that the parasites can pop up on. Is this is the case, why have you not said anything regarding this as an issue for affiliates to consider?

Inquiring minds want to know."

New Links = Good

ABW Ambassador
    My God,

There's already enough tracking deficits ...such as particular publishers being credited for the wrong transactions, etc.

It's great that CJ wants to elude Norton and other such anti-ad and anti-spyware applications, but, to not first address the more serious tracking issues within CJ itself, this will most likely make the overall tracking deficits worse.

So, you're going to take faulty tracking applications and make them more complex? You've only made them more complexly faulty!

As someone stated, there are noticeable time delays with the new links. Of course! The new domains have to get resolved within the tracking software ...and what is the reason you hear CJ giving for a deficit in registered click-thrus? That's right, people close out the link before it loads. With an even further time delay, they will be even more likely to do so.

Incompetence rules the world ...which makes a person that accomplishes but ordinary things, appear quite a genius. Paraphrased from a speech given by Billy Joel

kelly626,

I do not think you understand what is going on. The only reason why the links would load slower is if you encrypt them - this removes the pixel dimensions, so the browser has to wait to figure where to put the gif.

There are no differences in how we serve and track links, so nothing is more complex.

Tracking is working correctly.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

ABW Ambassador
    I think we can all accept that tracking is working "correctly" to some degree, or else we wouldn't display CJ links whatsoever ...actually, what I want to say is you have a few of our desired merchants held hostage within your network, and we have no choice but to display CJ links.

What I was mainly hitting on is the fact that your server and software applications will now have to do more things ...and in a desired scenario where Norton and such were eluded to some degree, we yet have the major concern with the time issues. I think it is only reasonable to surmise that the more servers and software have to do, the longer it takes for them to do such.

Each second longer a CJ link delays the display of a merchant's site, the less money we make.

It was not that long ago that Todd/CJ outright denied that anti-ad software was a problem to be concerned about. Reasons given such as ..."people that use such most likely don't buy much of anything on the internet anyway", etc. Now, all of a sudden, it is a major concern.

quote:
    It was not that long ago that Todd/CJ outright denied that anti-ad software was a problem to be concerned about. Reasons given such as ..."people that use such most likely don't buy much of anything on the internet anyway", etc. Now, all of a sudden, it is a major concern.

Well that was a year ago Kelly. Things start small and grow from there. I think it's great that CJ is attempting to circumvent such problems. Obviously this is going to be a never ending battle and I do hope CJ can work even faster with the next one.

ABW Ambassador
    We had an interesting thing happen to us yesterday, someone cut and pasted one of our pages in an email to us asking how the heck they purchase the item. Turns out, their computer had some kind of program (dunno which one) on it, that basically deleted all the links for them to buy the product. This being before the new domains went up.

Should be interesting to see if the new links going up increase our sales, because in this case, it's common sense if that happens, that the guy would just go to the site directly and we would see no commission on our end.

"I think it is only reasonable to surmise that the more servers and software have to do, the longer it takes for them to do such."

I'm sorry, I'm just not jumping to the same conclusion you are. Technically, it shouldn't really slow things down.

Do you have any evidence of this, or done any testing? If so, could you please share your results?

Fred

So, CJ takes action to deal with parasites and ad blocking software that prevents us from making sales - and people view this as a bad thing?

For me, sales are up. I have a huge amount of work to change over my links to the new URL's, and I think it is time very well spent.

Thank you CJ for taking steps to address these issues!

ABW Ambassador
    "CJ takes action to deal with parasites and ad blocking software that prevents us from making sales - and people view this as a bad thing?"

Rick, the parasites recognized the old qksrv links, and didn't pop advertising off them. They're not supposed to know the new ones so they don't know not to pop off them and can be popping of them like crazy. That is the issue Poon is bringing up and Todd hasn't answered to this point. It's a good question.

Gotcha - thanks for clarifying. As I haven't followed all of the parasite development, I wasn't aware how they did things. It seems to be a catch-22 - you don't publicize the URL's and the parasites might pop-up on the topics, but you publicize them and the ad-blocking software will hide the URL's.

ABW Ambassador
    "CJ takes action to deal with parasites and ad blocking software"

Not parasites, just ad-blocking and related software.

and ...come on, Todd isn't going to respond to Poon about a parasite issue. Prove me wrong Todd.

Hi Everyone,

I'm a bit behind on all of the new CJ url stuff. However, I do have a question regarding the parasites and the old urls:

Recently, we've noticed a swift decline in our CJ sales. We mask all links on our web site as http://www.ourdomain.com/links/... What is the possibility/probability that our links are being hijacked?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    TIA!
    ATKOgirl

My sales dropped so much since the domains changed, but maybe google had something to do with it: last month this same period of time my commish was $464.16, this month it is $286.61 and we are starting the holiday season. Quite a drop? Whats up!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast