ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I am sure some may have seen the e mail on new e bay commissions. That foul odour is lingering around again on my interpretaion of it. If you need it pasted in here I will but didnt think it would be needed.
    Comments anyone?

Post it please! My email's not working right now.

Thanks,
    -Joey

quote:
    Dear eBay Publisher,

eBay has grown to be one of the largest Internet shopping destinations through the ongoing support of affiliate partners such as yourself. We have received significant feedback within the past year that you have generated a tremendous amount of registered users for eBay and would like to be compensated for the ongoing activity that these registrations produce. For this reason, we are altering our current program to create a way for you to earn commissions for driving both active registrations and bidding activity from your site. Following is an outline of the new program, which will launch on Monday, December 10th.

New Compensation Model:

Sale Payment: $.05 per bid - NEW!
    Lead Payment: $5 per Active Registered User
    Cookie Duration: 30 Days

eBay has invested significant time and resources to create tools that will allow us to add the bid compensation component to our program. We realized that as an affiliate, you were not previously being compensated for all of the activity you drive to eBay and decided that we needed to make a change. In addition, we want to respond to your concerns that the current cookie duration of 15 days is not enough time to accurately measure the registrations and traffic you produce, so we are extending the cookie duration for both registration and bid tracking to 30 days.

January Bonus Payment:
    During the month of January, you will receive a one-time bonus payment of 40% of the total registrations your site generated during the month of December 2001.

More Specifics About the New Compensation Model:

Sale Payment: $.05 per bid - NEW!
    - You will now be paid $.05 each time a user comes to eBay from a link on your site and bids on an item (within 30 days of the original bid cookie being dropped). The cookie will expire when the user places one bid on eBay or after 30 days have passed and the user has not bid on an item on eBay. These bids will count whether the user originally registered from your site or not!

Lead Payment: $5 per Active Registered User.
    - You will now be paid $5 per user that registers through a link on your site and becomes active (places a bid on eBay) within 30 days of their initial registration.

January Bonus Payment:
    - As we transition over to the new compensation model, there will be a 35 day lag time between when a user registers on your site and when eBay is able to determine and report back if the user became active. eBay completely understands that the compensation you receive as a participant in our affiliates program is significant to you. To help offset the delay in the regularly scheduled payment, eBay will be making a one-time bonus payment to all affiliates (that meet the $25 minimum threshold for payment) in January. This bonus payment will be equivalent to 40% of the total registrations your site generated during the month of December. Meaning, if you drive 100 registrations during the month of December, eBay will make a one-time payment to you for 40 registrations in January. This bonus is in addition to the payment you will receive for all registrations that become active during the month of December; due to the 35 days needed to determine activity, the December registrations that become active within 30 days of registration will be included in your February payment. All registrations that fail to become active within 30 days of registration will be reversed out of your account.

We are excited to transition to this new compensation model, as it will benefit affiliates that are truly driving activity on eBay. Please take a moment to view an important list of Frequently Asked Questions, http://pages.ebay.com/affiliates/faq1.html, about the new eBay affiliates program.

If you have any questions regarding these changes, please contact CJ Client Services at support@cj.com. Please be sure to include "eBay Program" in the subject line of your email.

Thank you,
    The eBay Affiliates Team

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    That foul odour is lingering around again on my interpretaion of it.

Could it be the smell of cow manure?

It is nearly impossible to tell what this means in terms of individual commissions, but ebay sure seems pleased with its new scam, er I mean scheme.

I gather that some affiliates are going to be disappointed when the results come in, but that won't be till much later since it'll take so long to post leads under this new system.

But hey, how bout that new nickel commission on bids?! Get those CJ whistles out. Gonna be a lot of blowing going on (and the whistles too).

I'm takin em down, the only lead I got paid for was one of my neighbours signed up from my computer.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    LOL uh huh there was that odour from the e mail after all I can't justify staying with amount I send them I don't think
    But maybe that was there intention. Was thinking about this and other big players in business, ie.walmart e bay etc etc, as if they need the piddly amounts we send them.
    Rather doubt they are gonna miss me

WW

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    The only concern I have with this is that how will CJ be able to verify that someone who signs up places a bid within 30 days? Otherwise, I think this has a lot of potential. For example, my web site targets western fiction readers. I also sell western fiction at ebay. I should be able to promote the books I have for sale at ebay to a targetted audience, and get paid to bring em into ebay as well. Plus a nickel if they bid? Plus they raised the cookie duration? I dunno for sure, how it will affect publishers, but I don't think it will really hurt legitimate ones. By that I mean, the guys that just sign themselves up so they get the one time $4 payoff will be a thing of the past - and to be honest, I can see how they would want to cut that out. I mean, I wouldn't want to give money away for no reason, either.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread