Anyone else receiving the Oneshare.com program invite/description emails to their regular email account? If not, I've gotten 6 of these in the past 24 hours. I "must" be receiving someone elses by mistake

Otherwise, there is a problem with an email system or software somewhere, or they just like SPAMMING me.

Correction... make that seven.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

http and a telephoto
    Yeah, I was just coming here to b*tch about getting 4 of these already.....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ditto

I have gotten quite a few of these. One to each website I have registered.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Yes, I received a buncha these. I would think that if they sorted their contact list by email address, they could reduce the number of emails going out by a large multiple.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Good Morning,

This is my first post here. To introduce myself, my name is Charles Wright and I am the Director with OneShare.com and responsible for the oversight of our Commission Junction affiliate program. We are also in the process of launching our own independent program which will be revealed here on ABestWeb in October.

We have been with CJ since May of 2000 and recently revitalized our program. Due to some needed changes we put in place, we wanted to communicate our program directly to CJ members. CJ has a mailing function within an Advertisers interface that allows them to send target emails to Publishers. This is the first time we have used this function to send mailings to those members who are "not joined" to our program.

It is not our intent to spam CJ affiliates or send multiple emails. We are sending emails designed specifically per top level category. In other words, if your site is listed as “Gift & Flowers” and you also have selected another category such as “Family” you may receive multiple emails as each email is designed per top level category (I believe this is the posing the problem). The email is being sent via Commission Junction’s system for a fee. You can set you account settings within CJ not to receive program announcement emails. In total, we have selected 14 main categories to send our mailing; each email specifically designed for that category. We do not see nor, do we know exactly who receives our mailing as this function is solely controlled by CJ. The only criteria we are aware of is the Publisher is classified as "not joined".

If you are receiving the same exact email over and over, I recommend contacting CJ directly or, you may have multiple email accounts set within your mail settings to receive program announcement emails. The way you can tell if you are receiving different versions of our email is to check the right side banner with product logos as well as links with our banner examples. In addition, slight changes are made at the beginning of our text.

We do apologize if you are getting multiple emails. This is not intentional on our part. It does not benefit us to send you multiple emails since we are being charged and it does not benefit you by filling up your email in box as one email is enough. If there was a setting stating if an email address is duplicated then “don’t send”, we would select it. Unfortunately, there are no such settings. Again, we do not control this and target mailings are set per top level category as classified in CJ.

We sent a specific email to the following:

Gift & Flowers/Shops & Malls combined
    Accessories
    Automotive
    Commerce
    Computers & Electronics
    Entertainment
    Family
    Food & Beverage
    Home
    Books & Media
    Sports
    Games & Toys
    Travel

Regards,
    Charles Wright Jr.
    Director of Operations
    OneShare.com
    http://www.oneshare.com

Well something needs to be fixed, I only have one email address on record and received your email 8 or 9 times, pain in the ass. I've already unchecked the box for you to send me emails, so it won't happen to me again. I considered signing up after the first, but after all of the other emails, I may look at it again sometime. Maybe. Basically you paid cj to send me a bunch of email to irritate me.

Quite a few merchants have complained about the mail feature in CJ, so it really isn't Charles' fault that CJ hasn't built in any dup email logic - they obviously don't so that they can get more in fees since they charge per e-mail even if it is a dip.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Looks like minitots is doing it now. I will say this is the first time, I believe, that I have received this many multiple emails from merchants.

qball -

I do agree with you. If there is something I could fix, I would. The issue is the fact that the only true way for Advertisers to communicate with Publishers in the CJ Network is with their interface. Even with our "joined" Affiliates, it is rare that I see a displayed email address. Thus, this forces communciation via CJ's mail feature.

We are mainly an Advertiser but, also have a Publisher account on a very small scale. Today, I received two duplicate emails from MiniTots to our Publisher account. Obviously, they are conducting a similiar type of target recruitment like us.

Maybe a representative from CJ will view this thread and take into account the issue Publishers have when they send target emails to various catagories. As a Publisher, the last thing I would want to do is irritate you or, covey the image that we are spamming.

Regards,
    Charles Wright
    OneShare.com

quote:
    Originally posted by qball©:
    Well something needs to be fixed, I only have one email address on record and received your email 8 or 9 times, pain in the ass. I've already unchecked the box for you to send me emails, so it won't happen to me again. I considered signing up after the first, but after all of the other emails, I may look at it again sometime. Maybe. Basically you paid cj to send me a bunch of email to irritate me.

quote:
    Originally posted by qball©:
    Looks like minitots is doing it now. I will say this is the first time, I believe, that I have received this many multiple emails from merchants.
    Ditto, was gonna say the same, but couldn't get to infopoop

I thought it was happening because the interns were left in charge during CJU.

FYI -

I always respond to emails and have been communicating with a Publisher who was upset at the multiple emails. That Publisher did contact CJ and got this message directly from CJ:

"Hello (name removed),

Unfortunately there was a glitch in our system that caused duplicate emails. Commission Junction has resolved this problem and apologizes for any inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

(CJ Representative Name Removed)"

... Just passing this on, take it for what it's worth ...

Regards,
    Charles Wright
    OneShare.com

Actually, the glitch is only when an advertiser sends multiple email campaigns, each to a different category instead of selecting several categories at once and only sending one campaign.

In the future you can avoid this problem by sending a single email to all of the desired categories for unjoined instead of sending multiple emails to individual categories.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Hello Charles, by the way.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Well, it certainly left a bad taste in my mouth for this merchant this morning (before I read all this later today)...I was off contacting CJ support about being spammed first thing this morning.

Yeah, I have one email address and 100 accounts at CJ. I'm not going in to change all of them. CJ needs to fix this or do a better job of letting thier merchants know how to use their services.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Just to clarify my previuos post, the "glitch" is essentially a user error. The system will dedupe emails when it is used correctly. If you have multiple accounts (resulting in multiple email addresses) you may get multiple emails regardless since we cannot associate the email addresses as going to a single person.
    Todd Crawford

Hi Todd,

If I understand correctly, in the future it will not be to my company's benefit to customize an email per individual category if we like to target multiple categories?

Do you know if this will ever be corrected/updated? The reason why I ask (for example) is our mailing for the "Automotive" category will have a "look and feel" very different from a "Food & Beverage" category. Given the complexity of our product/service, a general message would not be as strong and appealing to a Publisher.

Regards,
    Charles Wright
    OneShare.com

quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    Actually, the glitch is only when an advertiser sends multiple email campaigns, each to a different category instead of selecting several categories at once and only sending one campaign.

In the future you can avoid this problem by sending a single email to all of the desired categories for unjoined instead of sending multiple emails to individual categories.

Greetings! What a way to begin my first post here ... but, at least we now understand what is going on.

Charles

quote:
    Originally posted by elbowcreek:
    Hello Charles, by the way.

Charles,

I see your point but I do not think we will make any changes to the member messaging system. It would be very complex to compare multiple campaigns and dedupe the email addresses.
    Todd Crawford

Todd,

I understand ... at least I am now aware and for the future will not dare do this again. Thanks.

** My only recommendation is that CJ should let Advertisers know of this - that sending targeted multiple campaigns may hurt rather than help given the duplication issue. Neither myself or any representative of OneShare.com was aware of this. I am sure there has to be other Advertisers (maybe not aware of this forum), who are or will be in the same boat.

Charles Wright
    OneShare.com

quote:
    Charles,

I see your point but I do not think we will make any changes to the member messaging system. It would be very complex to compare multiple campaigns and dedupe the email addresses.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    The benefit of category-customized campaigns may be overrated anyway. I just deleted all of the emails (without looking) except one when I saw the multiples. Same with MiniTots' emails.

I'd say to just try to make one email as good as you can.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

quote:
    Charles,

Todd,

I wrote support about this before CJ even opened this morning and got back the following response later today that does not seem to jive with what you are saying:

quote:
    There was a gliche in the system that was causing this problem. Commission Junction has fixed this problem and we apologize for any inconvenience.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Ron,

There may have been a glitch in the system but this is not what caused Charles' problem.
    Todd Crawford

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread