ABW Ambassador
    When the NFL came out with the instant replay everyone thought it was great! Coaches could demand a second look, and opinion, where it had not been possible before. The only problem, is that coaches started demanding it everytime there was a call made that they disagreed with. It became time consuming, and was not cost effective. So, the NFL decided to charge a team a time out everytime they insisted on this instant replay. The number of times coaches demanded instant replays decreased significantly. Where am I going with this?

I think merchants should pay for making such a decision. I am sick and tired of extensions and reversals. The one I am especially concerned with, as I think I should still be compensated somehow, is the reason of "out of stock" - do I get credit if the customer chooses another item? or how about if their account with that merchant is credited for the amount the visitor originally spent, but did not get used because the item was "out of stock"? I think I (all publishers) should be compensated something. If an advertiser (merchant) feels that strongly about extending or reversing, then they shouldn't mind paying a min. penalty fee for doing so, IMO.

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: Big Chuck ]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    CJ should post a reversal alert report showing merchants who have a jump of over 50% in their normal reversal rate. My monthly total just took a 218.00 nose dive due to ThePhotoZone and ClubMac reversals on 2 large sales in early November....reason "invalid lead" ??? and bad credit card. Because of theose sales I took the effort to showcase those 2 during the Christmas rush so they really benefit at my expense. All those constantly above 25% should pay affiliates a higher commission penality (+50%).

Hey I'm with you on this one! That's a great ideas.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm with those ideas, too. Both the individual penalty and the extra charge on high reversers!

And, a $10.00 penalty for $0.00 sales, so they don't just pull that instead!

ABW Ambassador
    Something I have not thought about before, but now that I have, it really troubles me. Like any other advertising venture that a company has, there are budgets, and spending caps. I wonder how many affiliate managers have these "spending caps", and to what measures they would take to stay "inside" their limits?

ABW Ambassador
    Any company that would put a cap on affiliate payouts is shooting itself in the foot, because it's the one form of promotion where costs are directly and clearly tied to RESULTS! (Unlike other media, where it's a lot harder to measure cost vs. results.)

Paying affiliates reliably would be one of the most cost-effective promotion investments a company could make. Some companies understand this. A lot don't.

Elisabeth Archambault

I've never heard of an affiliate spending cap. I invite you to make as much money as you can from my program [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jared
    Crucial Affiliate Team

ABW Ambassador
    I guess I can see yer points (Jared and Elisabeth).

Jared,
    When you send us stuff in our CJ mail can we use it for ads with your links? I am speaking of the news articles and stuff. Or do we got to get permission from the ones that wrote the articles?

Big Chuck -

If you're quoting from an article written by someone else (like a newspaper article about Crucial) you would need their permission.

If you want to use copywrited material written by Crucial we mostly allow that when you link back to and credit us for it.

You can always rephrase the 'announcement' and write something original in your own words though.

Jared
    Crucial Affiliate Team

ABW Ambassador
    hmmm... I believe (in general) you can do brief quotes without permission... as long as you provide credit...

Which is, of course, completely different from a reprint or quoting entire paragraphs. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread