Hi,

This was part of another post, but had a different subject heading. So thought I'd try it with a corrected subject to see if there are any replies:

1. Anyone ever receive emails back via their cj.com message board?

2. Any pending apps. ever get approved (or even turned down) and get out of limbo-land?

I don't think anyone is home at CJ.s......(head scratching....)as no one replies to my emilas through their communication board & no pending apps. get any attention, even after days, weeks, etc...Nothing. Zilch.

3. Those of you who ARE receiving communications, what are your secrets to success in this arena?

Thanks!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I try and find the email of the affiliate manager outside of the cj platform - most take forever if you email using the cj system. I think folks at the merchants are too busy to be bothered with the extra task of checking their "emails" there too.

I had an email I sent there to a reputable merchant (one I still work with thru CJ) - I resubmitted it every week for 6 freaking weeks and never got an answer.... until I sent it to their regular email...

And this week, I applied for a program on Tuesday around 8 pm. So the 3 complete working days of Wed, Thur and Fri were apparently not enough time for this CJ merchant to review my application... I also sent them an email - from within CJ console - at the same time I applied, to let them know a few things about my promo plans and to provide references from other merchants of mine... still no word back.

Being that WE are the people that enable both CJ and the merchants to make their money in this biz, you'd think we'd get a little better treatment and attention.

Now watch, I'll be declined in a week or two... they won't check my references or my site or my alexa rankings or my other content or search engine positions for keywords on my other pages... they'll be too busy going to meetings and blowing smoke up everyone's skirt... they'll come back to their desk - feel guily about being more than a week behind in processing apps manually - and they'll click through them quickly... yes - no - yes - no - yes - no - yes - no - yes.... and I'll get denied, have to reply and explain and wait...

You'd think they could just run a simple approval algorithm within CJ - time I've been there as an aff, EPC stats, etc - and see that I've been around and that I produce and stay out of trouble - count my emails up and see that I'm low maintenance as well...

Guess CJ and the merchant are off doing something more important...

Internet Cowboy
    When using the Assk a Question through CJ, make sure you complete the process. After you type the question and click send, you must then scroll down and click send again. The first time you click send, they show you help items on the topic. If you don't make sure at that point that you click send again to complete the process, the question does not get sent through.
    I am sure CJ does this in an effort to keep from having to answer the same questions over and over.
    Take a close look at the whole AAQ process and you will see what I mean.

Scott

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    To be fair, CJ does get back right away if you submit a question in their help section.

The CJ email system is functional but useless. Rarely do merchants get back to me if I use it. Nobody uses it (except merchants terminating you!)

Just send emails to our private address that we gave them!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I've had merchants "Pending" for over a year.

I asked CJ thru Ask a Question if there was any way I could manually delete these non-responding merchants from the pending list myself, they said no.

I manually emailed all my pending merchants asking that they disapprove me so they could get off the list - none responded - they're still lingering.

So if you just mentally rename the "Pending List" to "Merchants I wouldn't want to work with list", then it all works out!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    That was a funny post!

Especially while I sit and wait for approval of a particular merchant that I'd REALLY like to sell for!

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    > I've had merchants "Pending" for over a year.

I still have two of them. LOL

Guess who I have had pending for a year?..........Commission Junction Recruiter Program! :-)

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread