Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    For the past six months, just the day before you announce on your site that you are going to have downtime I begin to see a literal "EXPLOSION" of sales and commisions. Most of these sales are high dollar and this happens everytime approximately 24 hours before the downtime actually occurs. Is this because the parasites/BHO/morons also "GO DOWN" and retool so they they can better steal our commissions? Or is this also their way of thanking us for putting money in their pockets everyday? Its kind of like "Hell throw these guys a bone, we steal their commissions 350 out of 365 days a year anyway". Comments?

ABW Ambassador
    Don't forget the sales from merchants who you never get sales from at any other time. And sales from low-traffic sites that never generate sales at any other time.

It's kinda like a "full-moon high tide thang".

Brian,

I think it is just your imagination.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

It's my imagination too Brian...

CDC
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do...

http and a telephoto
    LOL, complain when you *don't* get commissions, complain when you *do* get commissions, I so love this place.

I'll take a flurry of activity anyday... but I'm not complaining, I am having my best CJ month ever, nice across the board mix of merchants too. Gotta go load a couple more feeds....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

It’s like the aliens!

Are they real or are they a figment of someone’s imagination!

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    32 commission checks in a row makes me a believer, just need to find the right merchant that clicks with you. What works for one of us won't for the next, just keep looking!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I am patiently waiting for the big bang!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

My imagination is working double overtime as well. Made more at CJ in the last couple of days than the rest of the month combined. Maybe this time will be different. Conspiracy theories are a dime a dozen but that doesn't make them false.

ABW Ambassador
    Reminds me of something that happened to me last year:
    http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...703#4736066703

This week i was wondering what was happening with a merchant i was getting a few sales every week with and noticed nothing in the last month and a half. Got 3 sales with them today. Who knows

quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    Brian,

I think it is just your imagination.

runnin away with me?

quote:
    Originally posted by CheeseHead:
    I am patiently waiting for the big bang!

Didnt that already happen a million years ago or something or was/is the big bang also a conspiracy theory?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by SandraR:
    It’s like the aliens!

Are they real or are they a figment of someone’s imagination!

We're real.

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe the loopholes for parasites to make money is broken, so we make money. CJ goes down to fix that loophole so when the system goes up again, things are back to normal, so sales go down.

How's that for a new theory?

quote:
    Originally posted by womanht:
    Maybe the loopholes for parasites to make money is broken, so we make money. CJ goes down to fix that loophole so when the system goes up again, things are back to normal, so sales go down.

How's that for a new theory?

tinfoil hat much?

False alarm. The merchants in question just reversed all of the sales that I spoke of earlier. My bad.

never invert a pyramid.

quote:
    Originally posted by Herb Ô¿Ô¬:
    never invert a pyramid.

Care to elaborate?

quote:
    Originally posted by elbowcreek:
    32 commission checks in a row makes me a believer, just need to find the right merchant that clicks with you. What works for one of us won't for the next, just keep looking!

I dont know you, but your post makes you sound like you are the RUsh Limbaugh of affiliate marketing. I am fully expecting the "dittoheads" to chime in soon as well.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know about anyone else, but since sometime after 8 last night we have not had any sales through this AM yet and had only a 1/4 of normal Monday sales.

Why are sales being delayed and does this have to do with the upgrade?

re: pyramid

along with the conspiracy theorists, the folks watching over their shoulders for black helicopters, and others who build a religion out of what they hear, pyramids became important to some a while back.

there is even an album out by The Alan Parsons Project called Pyramid. It mentions some of the assumed mystical/magical uses for one.

anyway, a pyramidical shape supposedly concentrates some form of energy downward through its form and it has the power to multiply wealth or even sharpen a razor.

but I think there should be a caution there: if the concentration goes from the tip down through the center, I would rather not rest one on my lap, inverted.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    - - - - - -
    I dont know you, but your post makes you sound like you are the RUsh Limbaugh of affiliate marketing. I am fully expecting the "dittoheads" to chime in soon as well.
    - - - - - -

Ouch, that kinda hurts. No reason to insult me. Just expressing a different view, that CJ produces consistently for me. I'm not the big dog at CJ by any means, nor am I CJ's apologist, but I make money every day from them.

I don't believe that, miraculously, sales get made one day before the site goes down every time. I just don't see that in my reports. Now, if you still want to insult me, let's talk politics, lol.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

quote:
    Originally posted by elbowcreek:
    - - - - - -
    - - - - - -

Ouch, that kinda hurts. No reason to insult me. Just expressing a different view, that CJ produces consistently for me. I'm not the big dog at CJ by any means, nor am I CJ's apologist, but I make money every day from them.

I don't believe that, miraculously, sales get made one day before the site goes down every time. I just don't see that in my reports. Now, if you still want to insult me, let's talk politics, lol.

DId not mean to insult you. Forgot to put the smiley face in there. Here you go!

quote:
    Originally posted by Herb Ô¿Ô¬:
    re: pyramid

along with the conspiracy theorists, the folks watching over their shoulders for black helicopters, and others who build a religion out of what they hear, pyramids became important to some a while back.

there is even an album out by The Alan Parsons Project called _Pyramid._ It mentions some of the assumed mystical/magical uses for one.

anyway, a pyramidical shape supposedly concentrates some form of energy downward through its form and it has the power to multiply wealth or even sharpen a razor.

but I think there should be a caution there: if the concentration goes from the tip down through the center, I would rather not rest one on my lap, inverted.

Thanks for the explanation. I put a pyramid under the bed at night. The wife doesnt seem to mind.

The planets are in alignment and its time again.

Scheduled site downtime on Thursday, September 30, 2004

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast