Hi all,

Here I go again....I send Expedia.co.uk over 500 visitors in ONE day...and not a single sale..no hotels booked...no flights booked...no cars hired...nothing...and they have the bloody cheek to tell me they are ending their agreement with me because I don't convert for them.

Sent them several emails explaining that it might be them that can't convert...and what do I get in response...not a lot

Expedia's affiliate manager has requested my phone number so maybe She can shed some light on it all...personally I'm fed up with the immature attitude of the big merchants.

Oh..you never sold OUR product..therefore your web site is cr*p and your advertising is cr*p...well excuse me MR BIG MERCHANT I gave you 12,355 FREE banner exposures and 0ver 500 potential customers in one day (I did a bit of PPC to prove a point) and YOU DIDN'T convert one single click.

So either someone is lying at Expedia / CJ or Expedia just isn't competitive in the travel market...in which case I look forward to my chat with the AM.

Oh well....back to the grindstone.

Malc Oakley - www.gadgets4kitchens.co.uk
    Adverts

There are several travel merchants who are quite a bit better.

Hi Malc,
    Conversion rates are pretty poor on expedia, but that covers the whole of the travel programs. Punters only want to book with a top name brand in the UK and expedia only supply to a person with a UK address.

Expedia so far this month:
    Clicks: 2174
    Sales: 17

When you get the call from the AM for expedia, get their name/number as I know a couple of people who have been trying to get hold of them, and to be honest I did not know they had a designated one!

eBookers is the next best in the UK, and they have a good new datafeed available at TradeDoubler and their AM is active on the 'UK Affiliate Forum'.

*Edited to correct spelling!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Life at the top is hard,
    But life at the bottom is harder ....

Hi Steve,

I'm with all the others !!...but from your figures I see you're right about Expedia.

I assume the AM is the person whose name was on the email I got from them via CJ.com

I will gladly pass on the details to all via this thread.

I don't know if you have seen my latest venture, if you fancy another link swap take a look at www.gadgets4kitchens.co.uk

It's a real online store selling real products...and i'm doing OK so far...plenty of trips down the post office every week.

I've lost your normal email address, PM it to me if you get a minute and we can catch up on the life of a web master Had a full blown PC death...so..new PC = no old email addresses.

Cheers,

Malc
    Adverts

Thanks for the email Speedy,

Looks like you'll be busy listing the garage contents on ebay !!

I'll fill you in later on what's new and how the Aprilia is doing,

Cheers,

Malc
    Adverts

Hi,

She's called Diana...and I'm having a war of words via email with her on CJ. I'm going to keep bumping this thread to keep the topic alive. I don't like the way Expedia.co.uk are treating me, I'm increasing my traffic to them...I've had a sale (only 1...but then again they did have 500 visits in 1 day ) and I've created a search engine friendly page for them...and still they wont budge.

So I'm asking about her experience in the AM world....I expect it's pretty close to zero unless you're called ebay !!

Watch this space...and Expedia...watch out...search engines and forums are great playing fields !!

Malc
    Adverts

Hi Malc,
    Just gotta add that I have had a fair amount of sales in the last few days from expedia. Looks like the change in the weather has made people book their flights and hols.

While your chatting, ask her if they do an indie/partner program. Or send me her email address. Tried to contact them thru CJ but no reply after numerous attempts.

PS Still clearing out - garage done, one barn and 3 stables to go!

Hi Steve,

Guess what.....still no phone call despite sending two emails with my business number on as per her request !!

I went to the Expedia.co.uk website and filled in an online form as well...hopefully someone different might read that.

I'll keep you posted and will ask her lot's of questions including Indie program (if she knows what that means).

Amazing how different AM's can be from one company to the next.

Her email address was not given, was just a reply via CJ.com - sorry !!

Malc - I need a barn for my increasing kitchen gadgets stock that's building up around my ears !!
    Adverts

i Have realized that expedia affilaiet program sucks ass. i gave them over 2,000 dollars in sales in one week. and what do they give me . a lousy check for 6 dollars. I said screw them. and i am looking other places.

Hi all,

Still no phone call from the Expedia.co.uk AM.

Still no reply from the email sent via their normal web site either.

Expdia.co.uk will not survive when all the other travel companies are now trying their best to encourage affilate marketing.

I have taken Speedy's advice and others and moved my travel section to other merchants with decent content and communications.

Malc - www.gadgets4kitchens.co.uk
    Adverts

Hi,

and still no reply to any emails to Expedia.co.uk

UK affiliates beware, this merchant does not convert as well as you would expect and certainly does not treat you with expect.

Expedia should be ashamed of their awful customer relations.

Expedia wants free advertising but drops you from their program EVEN when you do make a sale with them.

Oh well, plenty more fish besides Expedia.co.uk

Malc
    Adverts

Does it still convert well in the US?

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread