I will try this again, as all of my other posts got deleted.

I am looking for more info about what makes a desirable affiliate program.

1) What draws you to a particular affiliate program?
    2) What do you look for from an incentive standpoint? (bonuses, tiers, etc)
    3) What is new and compelling that you have found out there that makes that affiliate program all the better? (great copy, attractive banners, any marketing angle to make one program different over the other).

Thanks for all your help.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    1. Run a clean program free of parasites.
    2. Pay decent commissions (8% or more on sales, $4 or more on leads) and cookies of 30 days or more.
    3. Offer product links and search boxes if applicable. Allow linking to any page easy for the affiliate.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Internet Cowboy
    All of what Cheeshead said, plus a merchant with a nice, not too cluttered web site with no leaks.
    I carefully look at merchant web sites and look for words that are spelled incorrectly, graphics that don't look good or a site that doesn't seem to flow.
    Once the parasite questions, decent commission questions and cookie questions are answered, I shop their site. It is amazing the number of sites out there, for very reputable companies, that are simply terrible web sites from the shopper standpoint.
    If I wouldn't frequent the site, chances are that other will not.

Let's not forget a merchant with a strong brand and plenty of customer loyalty.
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I'm usually attracted to particular products more than merchants. Find a product that I want to sell, then look for the merchant who has the best price and a professional looking web site. I need to find the best deals for my visitors.

Internet Cowboy
    I see now why your other posts got deleted.
    As soon as someone replies, you spam them via PM for smartdraw.com.
    This is not the way to get the word out dude. All you will do by doing this is piss people off.
    (edited) forgot the

Your other posts weren't deleted, only consolidated, but now that I've gotten multiple complaints, your alias is under moderation.

TY, to all who complained.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Is evil but as I recall that is a pretty good program.

How do affiliates do with this type of thing? Customer gets a free download and then if they buy later you get a commish. Anyone have much experience with this type of deal? Also how are sales tracked if someone gets the free download and maybe doesn't come back to buy for 6 months.

Internet Cowboy
    I say that a merchant who will resort to trickery to build his program will resort to trickery to keep from paying commissions.

I looked at their web site and it does seem like this might be a viable program.

Unfortunately their AM has lost all credibility by utilizing his deceptive tactics.

Trickery on one front will always lead to trickery somewhere down the road. But that's just my opinion.

Scott

I never PMed anyone...I dont even have an Affiliate Program up and running. So who ever is PMing people post reply is most certainly NOT me and is giving my Alias a bad rep as a result.

Thank you for the input nonetheless, and Haiko if you can please let me know why people complained I would much appreciate it.

Hi, this is Merchxplor (the original and now in moderation because of another user's complaints).
    The above statements are incorrect. I have never posted on these boards and then PM the responder in hopes of recruiting them to an affiliate program. I have nothing to do with Smartdraw and do not even have an up and running affiliate program.
    You abestwebers must be aware of the deceptive practices other AMs pull on Abestweb. How could you be so quick to assume it was me without any proof? I contacted Haiko about taking my name out of "moderation" but he has not responded to me and nor has he lifted the ban. I am still interested to learn more about what affiliates look for in a good affiliate program, so please chime in.
    Furthermore, if anyone would like to tell me why they complained about my other posts, do tell. After all, history is sure to repeat itself if not learned.

Thank you

I left you a voicemail message to which I expect an answer.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by scohaz:
    I say that a merchant who will resort to trickery to build his program will resort to trickery to keep from paying commissions.

Nice logic! It is the natural and correct conclusion, in my opinion, as well.

Make your bed with thieves and you're the next victim.

Haiko,
    I tried to PM, but it wont let me, so I will post here for all to see.
    Here is the deal:
    1) I used an nonexistent telephone b/c it thought it was a required field and do not readibly like giving out my number.
    2) I am not an AM trying to sucker people into replying such that i can jump on them and try to make a quick buck.
    3) I am an honest individual and an honest AM just looking to get the insight of the Abestweb community such that i can launch and extremely aggressive and affiliate centric program.
    4) I understand that there are many "crooks" out there but I reassure you [and the abestweb community] that i am not one. Please PM me (as I cant PM you) and I will reply with my telephone number such that we can chat (if necessary at this point).
    5) I can further back the above up by referencing a number of Affiliates who are active on these boards - I am confident that they will vouch for me.

Well just for the record, I didn't get a pm from anyone.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread