2nd Day in a row, 600+ Click for one merchant 12 clicks for a different merchant and none for the rest. I can only wonder and hope sales are tracking considering the time of year it is. Anyone else have any else odd in the last few days??

Regards,
    Doug
    Thanks,
    Doug

Doug perhaps you should send an email to the merchants concerned. I had a similar case with one of my merchants where I didn't see one single sale for 3 days despite the fact that I had over 1,500 clickthroughs. The merchant took this up with CJ and since then my sales have been going through the roof. Of course this merchant is an exception as most of them don't even bother to reply to messages. There could be a tracking problem somewhere in your case (either on the merchant's side or CJ's).

Incidentally, are we related?!! You look a hell of a lot like me

--->> RELATED <<--- LOL

BTW, I'm about to send an email to a merchant who just now finally posted a sale ($20 commission) .... after about 3,000 clicks... it was actually 2,988 clicks from 77,698 impressions on a highly targeted site. Just wondering if they are going to say something like... "We are very sorry for the mistake and inconvenience to you mr. hopeful. A Parasite has taken your commissions. I hope you don't mind (They are QUITE needy) but, xyz company is new to the marketing community and they have not really had enough time to implement their tracking structure. From here on out we promise that their tracking will be bullet proof. In fact, we are even giving this promise the "Todd Says It's Tracking" 100% Failproof Guarantee.]

From here on out we promise that their tracking will be bullet proof. In fact...

Yes, well we all have our dreams Easy Money

ABW Ambassador
    Bullet proof tracking.

That is my Christmas wish. Santa, if you are reading this, I have been good all year.

Can I have Bullet proof tracking valid for the rest of the century, as my Christmas present?

Pretty please?

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Well I had a sale show up yesterday from Buy Costumes for $0.00 commission $0.00 sale

Odd you say, check out these stats as of right now (7:24 pst)
    Balance = 490.38
    3 month EPC= $21.33
    7 day EPC =$52.44
    sales = 1
    clicks = 20
    Imps =21
    CTR=95.24%
    EPM = $699.67 (This is not a typo)
    EPC = 73.46
    Odd, ya you could say that.
    P.S. Santa, Dito
    winning is a habit unfortunately so is losing

Jack I also have one of those ZERO sales recorded for BuyCostumes.com. I emailed their AM and she is going to sort it out so hopefully the ZERO will change soon.

Does anyone here track clicks from their site to the affiliate site. I've been tracking clicks from our site to our affiliates and things don't seem to be close. For example, yesterday I tracked 74 clicks to our CJ affiliate sites. CJ only showed 9 clicks for the same period. Something seems off and CJ does not want to help. Their answer is "I know our tracking is working properly, not sure how your tracking works."

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    So your sportsgear sites are a combination of inventoried items, drop shipper items, and items purchased through your links to affiliate enabled merchants. You must have some internal click tracking program recording your leaked traffic to CJ merchants. Why not use a SID identifier which CJ recognizes and then compare the stats?
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

What do you mean use a SID identifier? The way our tracking system work is when someone clicks the order now button to purchase an item they are redirected to the affiliate site. Prior to redirecting them to the affiliate site we post the information contained in the link to the database. We also check to ensure the client browser has cookies enabled. If they do not have cookies enabled we redirect them to an error page. Part of what we capture is the BuyURL provided to us by CJ which contains the PID and AID. This information is stored in our database so we can reference our traffic counts back to what CJ is recording. We are finding that CJ is only picking up a fraction of the traffic we are recording. CJ has given up helping us with this issue.

We are hoping someone in this forum will have some suggestions or recommendations.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread