Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi.. I am quiet new to CJ and want some help regarding how to build websites using datafeeds offered by CJ. I found that when I do a search for a particular product of a cJ merchant on search engines, I found there a quiet a lot of websites coming out with the same product listings.. it appears to be a simple html page that describes about the products and provides a link to the merchant site, and the merchant site provides the same product description and purchase details. Do these websites use any particular script that pulls product information from CJ merchant websites or does individual CJ merchant provides the datafeeds?

Need some assistance on this.

Thanks..
    Sam.

Had to reply to this one.

First, welcome to the board.

Second. I would check out datafeeds section of abw

third join the club when it comes to learn datafeeds i am just diving in myself

fourth dont expect to many people to help beyond recommending a product or some small ideas. the faster you build your site the more competition they are up against..

five just read read read and ask and maybe the odd kind soul will answer..

would help with the datafeeds myself but learning that part myself

Welcome to ABW....

As for your other questions... you have two choices...

regarding learning how to build datafeed based websites...

1> read as much in the datafeeds forum as you can...
    signup for a program that offer a datafeed template...
    and get a good book on the subject and just do it...
    by jumping in and making mistakes till you figure it out...

or

2> pay someone $1500 to $2000 dollars to teach you what you need to learn
    for this option there is really two choices Useractive.com or SandraR here
    at ABW.. HInt: SandraR's program is much more condensed and quicker to complete...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by my2cents:
    2&gt; pay someone $1500 to $2000 dollars to teach you what you need to learn
    for this option there is really two choices Useractive.com or SandraR here
    at ABW.. HInt: SandraR's program is much more condensed and quicker to complete...

Joe <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joe,

Your brownie points keep building and building, before you know it you I will have to come up with a brownie discount plan for you.

Sandra,

Can you please PM me the details of your program, I may be interested.

Thanks,
    David

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Your brownie points keep building and building, before you know it you I will have to come up with a brownie discount plan for you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew you were a smart women...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Leaning DataFeeds
    Quote Originally Posted by dak142
    Sandra,

Can you please PM me the details of your program, I may be interested.

Thanks,
    David
    Me too Sandra, I'd like details of your program as well.

Tom

Me too please Sandra.

Good Lord - you actually pay people to teach you how to run a datafeed..??
    $1,500 to $2,000 Oh MY GOD....

There IS A SUCKER born every minute... WOW...

I'll Help anyone for $5,000..

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Personally I wouldn't pay that kind of money either, and had almost the same initial reaction as you SuZe! Those are "corporate rates" to say the least!

I think it's unfair to charge a flat rate, no matter what the rate. People learn at different speeds, and some are much easier to teach than others. It'd be a lot fairer to charge on a per-hour basis. That way, the easy student who "gets it" on the first go-round doesn't have to subsidize the moron element who will ask the exact same things 10,000 times without getting it (or worse, get what you say all galled up into a total pretzel--and then blame you when it doesn't work!)

But maybe it is worth it, after all, I wouldn't be a teacher for all the tea in China; I don't have the patience for that!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

The Sad thing is the people who are charging that money to the unsespecting newbies.. KNOW it's WAY TO MUCH....

The Newbie doesn't know... what he/she is getting into..
    The
    PROGRAM
    better include
    ONE YEAR WEEKLY UPDATES!

Or it's JUST A RIP OFF.... LOL...
    It's your money..

Hey let me get you started on the right track..

Go Here >>
    http://www.fourthworld.com/

Get it..
    Read the tutorials... and don't get ripped off....

ABW Ambassador
    "I found that when I do a search for a particular product of a cJ merchant on search engines, I found there a quiet a lot of websites coming out with the same product listings.. it appears to be a simple html page that describes about the products and provides a link to the merchant site, and the merchant site provides the same product description and purchase details."

It's like the search engines don't even need the affiliate site (extra step) and should just list the merchants who actually carry the product. Get the searchers to what they're looking for quicker, hmm

http and a telephoto
    a. SandraR isn't on this board any longer, she did pay for an announcement about her tutoring system that I can't locate so here is the link to her site directly:

[Removed Link - don't know what happened to her announcement, the other one (for the flea market is there) it must have been lost in the migration. I'll refund her $50 ... looks like she'll need it ]

She is presenting and exhibiting about her tutorial at eComXpo for those of you attending.

b. No, one size fits all isn't for everybody, but to imply the service is a RIP OFF is overkill. She has many happy students to prove that. The software alone is very expensive and we all know time is money, so charging for her time is perfectly legit. This tutoring program is pretty much for people that don't know anything about datafeeds and want to learn how to use them. In one week or so you can be up and running with a site that gets around a lot of problems that it could take a newbie (or an experienced webmaster) years to figure out and solve. You aren't told "here is the software here is a book on how to use it now go away". There is 4 hours a day of intense tutoring via the web, with valuable information that most experienced affiliates don't even have a grasp on.

c. The software is so stable it doesn't REQUIRE yearly updates. Pretty much I have been using it since 2001 and there have been TWO upgrades, and upgrades are free.

d. What works for me and what works for you may be quite different. I find the software I use to be much easier to manage than WebMerge, and the learning curve is much lower, with or without tutoring. If someone offered a service like Sandra does for WebMerge, I would consider participating in that. Especially at the level that Sandra teaches.

e. The software she and I use lets you make sites that are different from the sites you have seen. You can customize the site easily and Sandra teaches you how to make your datafeed fit to your site.

For clarity, I want to add that I am not one of Sandra's students, we have discovered that we were both using the same software for roughly the same amount of time. She capitalized on it and was using it much more effectively for affiliate marketing about a year before I was.

For newbies that might be reading this, you can talk to her and make your own decision, and if you go with her program YOU WON'T BE RIPPED OFF.

I hate it when people assume a high price tag = rip off. It doesn't always. The same way a low price tag doesn't always = value.

You get what you pay for.... and time is money. Spend your time or spend your money, it's up to you.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; February 8th, 2005 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Removed Link
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

KNOW it's WAY TO MUCH....
    If the amount of $ made per hour doing one's own work is applied as an hourly rate for teaching somebody else to do it, a $20k starting deposit should be in order before even so much as a personal phone call is made.

I would be highly suspect of the capabilities of any software that is "easier to use than Webmerge" though.

I would be highly suspect of the capabilities of any software that is "easier to use than Webmerge" though.
    Personally CC, I can't speak for WM. I know that when I was investigating getting into the datafeed game I stayed away from it because I was told that it wasn't Norton-proof by a few people. Maybe it is but you know what they say about first impressions.

As for SandraR's program... Lets get the fact that I was a student of hers out right away and since she's not here to defend the training or the cost I'll throw in my 2 cents ( sorry joe )..

Did I think it was a lot of money at the time? Yes and no..

Yes:
    Any time you have to spend that kind of hard earned money it seems like a lot. Especially if you have only been at it a short time..

No:

The fact is I work a 50-60hr a week day job, go to school at nights, and do affiliate marketing on the side. Do I have time to read a 350+ page book and start from scratch? Not if I want to have a life also...

I wanted to get up to speed relatively quickly and I wanted to work with something that was flexible, had room for growth and had a good support community so that as I learned and tried new things, or broke things, I could get help. I think Loxly will vouch for me that it does all that.

I followed the posts here LONG before I decided on a path to follow. I respected the skills of the trainer and the product.

As for the "corporate rates" not even close.. We bid out all of our corporate projects, good luck touching a programmer worth anything for under $100/hr. Subtract the price of the software/templates/logo used from the package price and the training you get and the amount of time is a STEAL (IN MY OPINION).

One thing I couldn't believe was that she even included her usual comic relief for FREE!!

So to recap, is the program for everyone? NO..
    Was it for me? Darn straight.. I consider it more and investment and I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.. I've got the wheels a spinnin for some new things to do with the product..

You really need to do your research and determine what's best for you. ABW is has a wealth of knowledge here so look around and find out what will work best for you.

I'd stay away from SuZe's program though.. At $5,000 it's a bit rich for my blood

SandraR did not try to sell me on her tutoring program she stated the facts. We discussed all the options to include alternative options for hours. I will be signing up today to start her tutoring session.

Thumbs down
    Admin Note: Newbie's IP address is the same as SandraR's

We discussed all the options to include alternative options for hours
    ~ Talking to yourself SandraR?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Admin Note: Newbie's IP address is the same as SandraR's

~ Talking to yourself SandraR?

YEA THIS IS WHO I WANT TO HAND OVER
    $1500 TO...

LIKE I SAID IN MY FIRST POST ...
    THERE IS A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE....

Processing A Datafeed is pretty d*mn easy...
    So why would it take $1500 to EXPLAIN...

If your looking for a QUICK way to learn.. Start with this post...The quickest way to learn how NOT To spend your MONEY...

If after seeing this and you still want to pay $1500 let me know..
    I'll let you pay me...

Or Donate To A Charity..

Internet Cowboy
    That is unfortunate.
    I have to say though, that for someone to pay another $1500 to teach them a craft that can make them $50,000 over the next 5 years, or even $500,000 over the next 5 years, is not a really bad deal.
    I am not at all approving of what has taken place here, I think it is quite pitiful.
    What I am saying is if a newbie can find someone who is able to spend the time with them and give them a broad base of knowledge on which they can expand for an amount of $1500, that is a fiar price. Of course, depending on the knowledge of the newbie re: web design, php, mysql and the like, this could easily be hundreds of hours of instruction, in which case $1500 is not near enough.

My suggestion to someone getting in to database marketing would be to buy some books and read. There is an abundance of information on ABW as well. If you don't have the time to read about MySQL, php etc, then you will not be able to update your pages once your site is created. It would take just as much time to read and learn it as it would for someone to teach it to you.
    I bought a book a year or so ago that is AWESOME. It is called PHP and MYSQL For Dynamic Web Sites, by Larry Ullman. It was the best $40 I have probably ever spent in my life.

http and a telephoto
    So why would it take $1500 to EXPLAIN...
    So you must be one of the brilliant people. It isn't so easy for most of the world. Tutoring is teaching, some people need or want to be taught by another instead of fumbling around for months trying to figure it out.

Understand here that I am not only offended because of the program SuZe has chosen to attack, I am offended by the attitude that paying for any tutoring is a farse. Tell that to all the school teachers.
    Deborah Carney

http and a telephoto
    Hey, SuZe, where are your free tutorials? Are you presenting at eComXpo? I would like to see your presentation on the ease of using datafeeds. I am sure lots of others would too!!!!!
    Deborah Carney

It is easy. Time-consuming, tedious, a pain in the neck and back but otherwise easy.

If somebody offered me $20k to show them how to use datafeeds I'd tell them to keep their money; I'm busy.

I may not be that brilliant but at least I don't talk to myself.. heh heh

That speaks for itself... and so does the $1000 to $1500 price tag..

Besides I just reacted to the price... I didn't post about "My Program" under another name.. and pretend to be a "NEW CUSTOMER".. who would even defend such a thing..??

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by SuZe
    I may not be that brilliant but at least I don't talk to myself.. heh heh
    Actually most brilliant people DO talk to themselves....
    That speaks for itself... and so does the $1000 to $1500 price tag..
    You get what you pay for.
    Besides I just reacted to the price... I didn't post about "My Program" under another name.. and pretend to be a "NEW CUSTOMER".. who would even defend such a thing..??
    Someone like me that sees someone like you just lashing out for the fun of it. You don't know the program, you don't know what the tutoring entails and you ass-u-me that you are right without knowing the facts and without asking for them.

You assume that getting paid for sharing knowledge is a bad thing, when in fact it is a pretty wide spread and valuable profession. I went to school, I went to college, my teachers were paid and I paid tuition. Explain how this is different?

For someone to even be willing to tutor others in a competitive field is quite extraordinary. Perhaps those yelling are those that don't want others to pay someone to learn how to do what we do? Scare the newbies away, that will protect us all from the new sites that will steal our commissions. Forget it, you don't get it and don't want to get it, you see $$$ and think rip off.

Whether SandraR farted around (something she is famous for) and posted one post under another name has nothing to do with the validity of the service she offers. She certainly knows how to hide her identity, as do most of us, if she really wanted to come here and mess around.

If you are a "last word" kind of person, go ahead, I will let you have your last word.

And newbies, come to eComXpo and you can learn a heck of a lot.

Going back underground until next weekend...
    Deborah Carney

Debbie,

Can you please explain to me why the [G-T] program with the add-on that Andy [UN] gave *YOU* credit for and that has documentation would justify the 1,500 when it sells for only $500 at [UN]?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast