Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Haiko,

You said in the last day or so (somewhere but I can't remember where now) the Buyersport is in 100% compliance with all the networks. I knew they have been deemed in compliance by LS and BF. What I'm wondering about is CJ and Performics. Is this because CJ and Performics have not set up a specific policy regarding these types of applications, so by default they are in compliance with these 2 networks (no policy and they are allowed to continue to participate as an affiliate), or has CJ and Performics adopted a policy that I've missed somewhere? If policy has been adopted by these 2 networks, is it available publicly somewhere for review?

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

BLFH,

CJ and Perfomics have not publicly adopted any addendum nor new policies as far as I know. My statement regarding Wurld being in 100% compliance refers to their 100% adherence to the TOS and NOT overwriting any affiliate links, no matter what network.

An interesting FACT is that the Linkshare Addendum was crafted by council of both Wurld and Linkshare!

A parasite who is not in compliance with anyone's TOS is eBates!

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Morpheus has not updated their past users because I reinstalled an older version that I downloaded this past Spring and it did not comply.

I meant to say WURLD Media has not complied to any standards I've read about here. I tested it through some overture links. Them guys are tricky folks.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    CJ and Perfomics have not publicly adopted any addendum nor new policies as far as I know.
    All four networks are supposed to be working on that together, and making an announcement in early December.

We'll see ...

ABW Ambassador
    Well, for me it expalins why Linkshares agreement had the toolbar or system tray application as part of it.

I never liked that and guess what.... I still don't.

Linkshare was being promoted as a BIG SAVIOR and they are working directly with wurld in developing standards that better protect affiliates? Now thats a really good one! Who really believes this?

You can be assured that the parasites will have all kinds of holes here ready to exploit since they are buying off and helped directly develop the standards. Geeze.

This sounds like a sick joke to me.

Have you considered that Wurld Media voluntarily changed the way their program works before any standards were set, before they "had to" unlike others like Ebates and Top Moxie whom are only doing it now because they have to? I think they should get some credit for that.

And maybe they want things to change so Ebates would stop overwriting their links too?

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

I don't mean to question anyones beliefs in WURLD Media or Linkshare but I have a prior build of the Morpheus product that has not updated to comply with any standards discussed. You may interpret that as you want.

The older versions were supposed to update themselves on reboot of your computer (or at least that was my understanding -- all second hand info since wurld doesn't post publically). I found the same thing with my older version, that there was no update and the slider was still there and functioned. I haven't reinstalled it in the last month or so to see if anything has changed in those regards. You have to use Sun's Java program, and it doesn't work well at all on my system, so I never leave morpheus installed very long. I check what I want to check, and then uninstall it.

I do find the fact that older versions may not be updating ironic since that is part of LS addendum (isn't it?) and they evidently helped craft the addendum.

Connie makes valid points in regards to their recent actions. And there is definitely bigger threats to our commissions than wurld at this point, updated older versions or not. And I am glad to see the steps they have taken, although need to "fix" things shouldn't have been there in the first place. But their recent actions regarding the sending out of the PI's to people's houses has set my personal opinion of them more firmly than any of the commission issues. For me, they will have to strive a whole lot further for quite awhile yet before any of my own opinions regarding the company is changed. Not that they care too much about my opinions I'm sure. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I doubt I'll be throwing any laurels or trust their way anytime soon. Their PR department will have to do some major spinning.

quote:
    Originally posted by Neil Pinehurst:
    I don't mean to question anyones beliefs in WURLD Media or Linkshare but I have a prior build of the Morpheus product that has not updated to comply with any standards discussed. You may interpret that as you want.

Neil,

That must be an anomaly, Kirk Fethers, their CTO said that upon rebooting, it would upgrade itself. Which build do you have? I'll call him and re-confirm.

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    What, ANOTHER ANOMOLY!

Oh my!

Niel,

Spoke to Kirk, there was one download that was very on very limited download that the cfg file was not uploaded on and it also carried over to another version (I assume BLFH's version) and have full assurances that the file will be updated within 24 hours.

While I appreciate, on behalf of the community, your diligence, I question the chances of the millions who downloaded and you actually having this particular file (I'm told that the amount is negligible (ten hits today from it - but Wurld is STILL spending the time and money to fix it)).

Haiko

Haiko,

Didn't your version auto update? Seems I asked when mine didn't right at the time of the change, and you told me yours did. So I just figured it was something with different OS systems or something. BTW, my 2 files (the one that is compliant and the one which isn't?) have the same version number 1.0.0.0 and are the exact same size. In fact I had to rename one to be able to tell them apart. The one that didn't update was downloaded on Sept 7th. But like I said, it's been several weeks since I've run that one.

Glad to hear that he's going to fix these wayward programs.

BLFH,

Mine as many millions of other users versions did upgrade. I'm really thankful that Wurld is on "our side" as an affected publisher and even more so that they continue to do the right thing.

Haiko

It's absurd that you all do not see the writing on the wall...

Morpheus as a distribution method is second only to Kazaa in bundle downloads and is an enormous adware threat to everyone. With WURLD Media's distribution with them they can build a new user base of applications that are compliant. Sounds nice but...

The fear I have is that they are in fact still operating millions of users who installed during some time period from last Winter and Spring when this all began with them.

They downloaded on millions and millions of desktops during that period. I would wager that the majority of their audience was generated then and not the more recent downloads.

In the end, their distribution methods are living on borrowed time and that is the good news. The bad news is they probably have a segregated user base that they can control spearately to keep their affiliate business interesting.

ABW Ambassador
    Neil....

Honestly, that last post is laced with irony. You see, I spoke directly with an executive at TopMoxie just two days ago, and that person said the same thing about WURLD - utilizing almost the same language.

Ironic, isn't it? (or, is that a rhetorical question)

Obstinatedon

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

Actually, the same applies for Kazaa with WhenU... Kazaa does 5mm install a week! Now that is a big number.

It's interesting how this Internet thing works... Netscape creates Yahoo which creates Amazon which creates Tucows which creates Kazaa.

It will be interesting to see if Kazaa becomes the next AOL... or if it's Morpheus/WURLD Media. That damn Morpheus product is part shopping, part search, part distributed computing and is a meaningful part of online activity much like Gator has become.

As for your ironies, I think it sounds like I agree with whoever you spoke with and am flaterred that an "executive" and I think alike as I'm certainly not an executive ;-)

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread