Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All,

Earlier today I spoke with Kirk Feathers (CTO) of Wurldmedia and because they are completely dedicated to resolving any and all issues with their program we decided it would be a good idea to have the bugs posted in one specific area so that any issues can be constructively addressed and resolved. Once again, Communication is the key to resolving issues, not accusations. While it will may be difficult for them to post (legal issues), I do know that they will be actively reading this forum so that any issues or bugs can be resolved as fast as possible.

I commend Kirk and Wurldmedia for stepping up to the plate and helping us reform their program and leading the fight non affiliate loss.

The newest release of the MSC program should be out on Monday or Tuesday. This version will not have any slider, nor capability to overwrite any affiliate link.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Thanks for the update Haiko. My concern is whether Morpheus/Buyersport can make it on CPM and CPC conventional advertising and not be forced to kick in the backdoor thievery before exiting the scene. They still have the ability to monitize all the SE links, bookmarks and e-mail blast links so they will only be hurting merchants pockets.

WebMaster Mike

Mike,

Even though your post is off topic, I'll allow it to say that merchants are more than capable to decide if Wurld provides value to their program, and now with the new release there are no ulterior motives for not allowing wurld into their program.

Also, I want to say that Wurldmedia *IS* working on 100% compliance of the BeFree proposal and the ABW Doctrine which will be publicly released shortly. So I do not want any "fool me once" type posts as they are moving forward.

</font></p>

I agree Haiko to not promote the no more chances senerio as counter productive.

WebMaster Mike

Are ABW posters allowed to post things that do not agree with Haiko's Doctrines?

- BluesX

---------------
    Affiliate Marketing is built upon honesty. Tracking is not affected.

As far as dictators go ..Haiko's pretty much a wuss. He really sounds more like a negotiator in a hostage situation. A real dictator would just throw in a hand granade and blast the perps and the hostages.

WebMaster Mike

Mike,

This forum is to post bugs or anomalies to the software.

=========

Bluesx,

The doctrine, will be our version of the Befree proposal, that will supported by all the networks and be the merchants.

Now, can we go back to ontopic posts?

</font></p>

I am right on topic. I have a proposal for befree that I will present tomorrow. The issue needs more than two person's vote.

- BluesX

---------------

15 years and counting
    There's obviously something I don't understand, Haiko. (I read your post several times)
    So I'll refrain from speaking out what's on my mind but,
    Did you cut and paste an old post? It seems I've been reading that before.
    I've been looking at the definition of bugs, are you sure we can talk of bugs here?
    I was playing golf earlier today, I met a lot of friends, I've not seen anybody from Wurldmedia.
    I'm always happy to help a friend in need, no, can't read too well, I'm confused, they are going to "help us reform their program", sure, I'll be so pleased.
    Oh, I got a call from my barber, he's going to shave me for free tomorrow and yes I'll keep open our communication channel.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Will Morpheus create a downloadable version where the enduser can un-install the program and BHO plug-ins entirely with a standard windows application removal technique?

I miss understood the leadin to this new forum. I though it read "fix the fixers".

WebMaster Mike

Bluesx,

It is off topic as this forum is to discuss bugs and anomalies in the fixes of parasiteware that has gone good.

Your proposal should be posted elsewhere, and the ABW "doctrine" is not between two people, it will be shared amongst the ad networks, merchants and affiliates.

</font></p>

Mike,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Will Morpheus create a downloadable version where the enduser can un-install the program and BHO plug-ins entirely with a standard windows application removal technique?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I know the answer to this one, no I don't think they will; as they are two seperate pieces of software. Imagine if we had to wait for Morpheus 2.1 to get rid of the slider? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

</font></p>

Haiko,

The simple point I was making is that you call it "Haiko's Doctrine" at least until you get a majority vote from ABW members. So my post was related to that and it is on topic. Not everbody shares your or befree's view of how to negotiate with Wurldmedia or whether to negotiate at all.

- BluesX

---------------

Zues,

I'm not sure what your saying but this forum is to report bugs and anomalies in the programming of parasiteware gone good.

Here's and example.

I had the Friday afternoon version of Morpheus 2.0 installed, when my browser was showing some weird things, I was going to go to mcafee online virus scan and typed in mcafee.com (without the "www") The page I landed on was the wurldmedia landing page for the visrus scan [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] there wasn't a slider, nor anyredirects. when I typed in www.mcafee.com it went to the front page of mcafee, but then when I clicked the virus scan link on the FP it went to my affiliate code for the online scan.

Now that is an anomalie.

</font></p>

Bluesx,

Ok .... "Haiko's Doctrine".

</font></p>

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Will this be an automatic update for everyone who currently has the Shopping Community installed? And not relie on them having to open Morpheus for notice of an update. Since they could have the shopping bar running but not hae Morpheus open.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>This version will not have any slider, nor capability to overwrite any affiliate link.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And affiliate cookies too?? Or is that what was meant by overwriting affiliate links?

>Ok .... "Haiko's Doctrine".

Cool. That's more like it.

Now back to topic, can an illegal file distribution software turn itself into a stable software application that does only what it is supposed to?

Can this parasitic software run on windows PCs and not screw the stability of such a fragile system anyways?

Can this software be honest and when it means uninstall, it means uninstall?

We are talking about a huge bug with software attached to it, not a software with bugs.

- BluesX

---------------

BLFH,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Will this be an automatic update for everyone who currently has the Shopping Community installed?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I understand it, all the end user will have to do is reboot, the config file will remove the slider TSR app.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>And affiliate cookies too?? Or is that what was meant by overwriting affiliate links?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any thing affiliate related will remain intact. Traffic, links, and cookies. No affiliate revenue, nor potential for such will be lost as a result of having Wurld and/or Morpheus installed and no go to the shopping club notices either.

</font></p>

Bluesx,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Now back to topic, can an illegal file distribution software turn itself into a stable software application that does only what it is supposed to?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are two pieces of software, 1) is the Morpheus portion and 2) the shopping Club, we are addressing the shopping club portion only.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Can this parasitic software run on windows PCs and not screw the stability of such a fragile system anyways?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I understand it, M$ demanded to QA the Morpheus portion so I assume that since they released it, it passed. As for the Shopping club portion, I don't see it affecting the stability of my browser nor puter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Can this software be honest and when it means un-install, it means un-install?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I said there are two portions to the download, with very different technologies, if they were wrapped then upgrading or fixing the shopping portion would be an exercise in futility as it would have to be released with Morpheus upgrades.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>We are talking about a huge bug with software attached to it, not a software with bugs.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please post the bugs to the shopping club software so that they can be identified and fixed.

</font></p>

>Please post the bugs to the shopping club software so that they can be identified and fixed.

I have no interest in fixing a parasitic software. So I guess I am done here. Good luck.

- BluesX

---------------

Bluesx,

As I posted in the example above, that is a bug.

The new version will not allow for any contra affiliate activity, if there is any such bug then it should be posted here.

HTH,

</font></p>

>As I posted in the example above, that is a bug.

Haiko,

I honestly do not get the idea behind this thread. Wurldmedia created the software and they probably know every single line in the coding. They designed it so brilliantly to steal other affiliate's commissions. Now why do they need ABW members to test it and send bug reports? I would just tell them to fix their own software as they know it the best.

I don't think a slider or a pop up is a bug. It is an intended design and one who designed it shall remove it without a need for anyone telling him what he did is a bug in the software, which is not true anyways!

Then again, maybe I am missing a crucial point. Maybe if they give me the source code, I can fix it for them! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

- BluesX

(OOps! It took an additional 2 mins. for me to get the point. They want to be politically correct. Sorry for the bother, Haiko)

---------------

[This message was edited by BluesX on September 22, 2002 at 05:31 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    I don't get this at all when you say "Wurldmedia for stepping up to the plate and helping us reform their program and leading the fight non affiliate loss" Wurlmedia leading the fight for non affiliate loss, are you serious? I don't have Morpheus installed on my computer but from what i was reading people are saying they have stolen twice, and now they are leading the fight for non affiliate loss? As far as bugs they are going to know their own software better than we do, i'm sure they have some good programmers working for them.

May all your ups and downs be in bed

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> they are moving forward. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh really.

when they backtrack and return ill-gotten gains to those who earned them, then they will be ready to "move forward".

"Oh, we'll stop doing that, so everything should be cool now"

not cool. get off scott-free?

picture a shoplifter getting caught red-handed by the police. he tells them he "won't do it again". so they let him go, arms still filled with the stolen goods.

sure.

AS SEEN ON SE!!!

ABW Ambassador
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

AS SEEN ON SE!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast