Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    The Swamp
    Well I completely uninstalled the old Morpheus (both components) and then ran Adaware. I then downloaded Morpheus again today and installed that version. Even though they are now less intrusive on another affiliates site, they are still set up to potentially steal commissions.

First off, the older 2.0 version was not accomodated to be updated with the fix. I have seen no prompt to install the newer one nor did any changes occur when I did a reboot of my system. I still had the slider and thing working per usual after I did a rebate and was able to have a test sale go through to buyersport from a click that originated from one of my aff links. That was earlier today right before I did the uninstall.

Second, now this is the situation. Yes the slider is gone. Completely. The sys tray icon with the sailboat is still there and is now defaulted to "show" when you install Morpheus. Now when I click on one of my merchant's aff links who buyersport is also joined with when the browser opens with my affil tracking the damn saliboat starts blinking red. Per Morpheus this means that you have arrived at one of their participating merchants through another advertiser. If you right click the sailboat and then choose "earn rewards" it takes you to the splash page telling the end user they need to buyersport through thier link to get their reward. Same thing the slider did if you clicked earn rewards. Not only that but if they choose "no cash" or whatever the actual phrase would be, it still spawns another browser window over the original affiliate's window explaining all the icons and whole thing about the shopping community. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Ok, if you Morpheus folks who are supposedly out there and wanting to know how to fix your software are reading this, here is your answer.

Have your application be completely dorminant with the same menu when you right click the tray icon as I see when I click it while here on ABW whenever an affiliate tied URL hits the browser. No mention of rewards, earning, or cash it that menu right now on a non merchant site. It's not a hard concept to grasp. I know you know what an affiliate URL looks like. If you want to truly run your business on the up and up and not steal from other people's web sites and all their hard work, that's all you have to do. And I know you have the means to implement this technology. Your technology already recognizes that the site I'm on right now isn't a potential revenue generating URL for you. Either really step up to the plate and do what is right, or just stop all the BS about your concern with doing things right. Maybe the real problem is you need someone to define for you what stealing really is.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Maybe the real problem is you need someone to define for you what stealing really is. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they definitely DO know they are stealing. What they really NEED is a baseball bat crushing their brainpans. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread