Hi everybody,

My name is Ryan Scott. I am the manager for online marketing for GoldShield Direct. GoldShield is a 900 million pound company that deals in healthcare and nutrition products.

I will soon be launching an affiliate program. I have been in this business for the last 3 years and it is my sincere endeavor to make this program the best around, and I need your help here.

From experience i have found that following points make a good program and will be having them for GoldShields.
    1) A 100% parasite free program.
    2) No Toll Free numbers on merchant website.
    3) Competitive and tiered commissions
    4) An affiliate support team that works with affiliates on a one on one basis.
    5) Lifetime cookie.
    6) Availability of offline datafeeds and other relevant tools.
    7) I would be making available predesigned websites that are ready to use so affiliates can start off immediately.

I have a few other things on my mind also which i will put in place. What else do you guys look for in a program that attract you'll to it? I would be finalising the details of our program in a day or two and would greatly appreciate your feedback. The idea here is not only to make money but build fruitful relationships with our affiliates.

Thanks
    Ryan Scott
    Phone: 888-236-4778 Ext 2903
    E-mail: r.scott@goldshieldplc.com

ABW Ambassador
    It's a UK program?

Its a US program.

quote:
    Its a US program.

The parent company seems to be in the UK, the "program" seems to have an office in West Palm Beach, FL, is this why it takes up to 7 days before the customers order is "despatched"?

Americans not only "Can't Say No To Fatty Foods" but they like their orders delivered yesterday! Since we are not the brightest folks by some standards, we like our dealings to be as simple and honest as possible.

Which brings up the question of, which network are you planning on going with or will it be in house?
    Mash Your Motor!

As I mentioned earlier we are in the process of putting things together, the website you have taken a look at is being redone so are all policies with regards to delivery etc.

"Which brings up the question of, which network are you planning on going with or will it be in house? " I will be making a final decision in a day or two.

ABW Ambassador
    SAS is parasite free and has consolidated payments. I like them and check that network out regularly when I need new merchants.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ryan Scott:
    7) I would be making available predesigned websites that are ready to use so affiliates can start off immediately.

If these are just templates to be used by many (versus custom pages who'd build for power affs)... I always wonder about this aspect for a merchant. Seems like it would:

+Attract affiliates who are part-time (I mean 2-4 hours a month)

+Affiliates unwilling or unknowing about monetizing their own specific traffic by uniquely presenting products to best fit their audience.

+Affiliates unconcerned with having duplicate content (a big no-no (for me) in SEO)

Are your "predesigned websites" hosted by you? Or intended for your affs to put up on their own sites?

Are these templates for affiliates to take ideas from -or- do you mean for them to slap up a standard page (like many other affs would surely do)?

Others here at ABW like this benefit? Or do you see it as a signal that small affs will be competing with you for support time when the need arises?

Hey Donuts,

We offer 6 different templates and all are different so that way we take care of the duplicate content issue. Secondly the websites are such that affiliates can easily make a lot of changes to them, so net result is that they are very easy to set up, maintain and are search engine friendly.

They will be hosted by the affiliates, we just give the website.

Thanks
    Affiliate Team

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread