ABW Ambassador
    Showed up on the deactivated list today followed by a couple of big reversals from about a month and a half ago.

Must be a CJ error since the new AM, Liz G., introduced herself here earlier today
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

That's Rugman Liz is with Haiko. RugsUSA is a different company.

ABW Ambassador
    Liz is from Rugman.com not RugsUSA.
    Edit: Posted about the same time.

I always get them mixed up too.

ABW Ambassador
    There were 4 names on that list this morning and now only 3. Don't remember who the 4th was.

Bob

Does anyone know if rugsusa will be returning? They've been around since 2001. Anyway, I too wondered about those reversals since there is only a 15 day return policy so how could they do refunds 2 months later? I may call cj on this, I wonder if that is why they were deactivated..

ABW Ambassador
    They're back. The reversals were unreversed and deactivation was undeactivated

It's good they're back but it's a bit fishy that all the reversals were unreversed.. Now, how can you trust any reversal they do since this might be a hand caught in cookie jar situation (ie too many affiliates noticed the oddity of having 2 month old sales reversed with a 15 day return policy!)

Anyway, links will stay up for a bit .

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    It's good they're back but it's a bit fishy that all the reversals were unreversed..

The above, combined with the fact that they had been deactivated and then were reactivated, makes it sound to me like the transactions had been reversed due to nonpayment but then they paid up.

I'm not an affiliate of theirs but that sounds like a scenario I've seen with other not-so-stable merchants.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

quote:
    Originally posted by reflections:
    Now, how can you trust any reversal they do since this might be a hand caught in cookie jar situation (ie too many affiliates noticed the oddity of having 2 month old sales reversed with a 15 day return policy!)

Actually, I think it's a bit fishy that CJ reversed the sales, and not RugsUSA! That should scare the shoot out of you as it did me!

How and with what empowerment can a third party tracking solution automatically reverse a financial obligation of a merchant? That is obviously another blatant violation of their fiduciary responsibility to affiliates as they interfered with monies that were legally owed and payable to affiliates.

I can't believe people aren't yelling and screaming about this!
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Continued Success,

Haiko

CJ reversed the sales?

I understand that if they extend credit to the merchant without your knowledge and behind your back and then fail to collect, you don't get paid. But CJ reversed the sales? What reason was given for the reversals? Whatever it was must have been a lie. How can they do that? Something is amis here.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Gah!!! Is there a full moon out?!

quote:
    That should scare the shoot out of you as it did me!

It should NOT(!) scare anyone at all!

CJ's been reversing the transactions of deadbeats ever since they stopped covering payments for those un-merchants. And it'd make reports into an unintelligble hash if things that weren't going to be paid didn't say so!

It SHOULD BE showing in red so we can see it! Plus, if the merchant shocks us all with a payment, then things get unreversed (Granted I have only seen that once, that I can remember.)

As for nobody knowing that CJ reverses deadbeat transactions? Baloney--there's even a report titled "Reversals due to nonpayment!" All you have to do to know which deadbeat's transactions were reversed for that reason is run it! The very *presence* of such a report shows what CJ does with deadbeat transactions.

The reason nobody's "yelling and screaming about this" now is because *it'd screw up all of our reports something awful* to have transactions that look like they are going to be paid when they're really not! Plus we've known about it for over a year.

Transactions getting reversed by CJ, when THE MERCHANT DID NOT PAY is not what to yell and scream at. Merchants being left to ride for 2 months before they get kicked off--THAT'S what to yell at!

quote:
    What reason was given for the reversals? Whatever it was must have been a lie. ~Ssanf

The reason should be "Compliance." Which would NOT be a "lie," since not paying is definitely not in compliance!

(Disclaimer: I'm not a RugsUSA affiliate so I don't know what excuse was used in that particular case.)

I don't understand it either. I'm not sure if they extend sales but I guess if the sales were extended from 2 months ago and then locked at that point maybe they reversed them to save face?

It would be good for Todd to weigh in on this since it is disturbing. WHO did the reversals and why. And if adding money then caused them to unreverse, what does that mean?

quote:
    And if adding money then caused them to unreverse, what does that mean?

Unreverse = you'll get paid.

OK, I don't think I have had any "deadbeat merchants" except one who left CJ long ago and who I felt was playing games with the reversals, then.

I haven't added any new CJ merchants in quite a long time.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Just got a nice sale with them out of the f*******g blue. I hope it sticks. All I did was put up a little datafeed site about a month ago and poof.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread