Since we're now officially 70 shopping days left until Christmas, and I'm a newbie (sort of), I wanted to ask all my fellow affiliates when the "season" starts?

Also, since Thanksgiving is late this year, what's the opinion of the short selling season? (will it help online?).
    or

And, when does everyone start selling for Christmas? (after Halloween?- not until Thanksgiving?)

A Good Friend will come bail you out of jail, but a True Friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn, That Was Fun!!"

anybody gonna answer this?

ABW Ambassador
    Last years. Things started to pick up for me in September. October 30% of September. November 50% up from october. December 50% up from November.

Stats say between 40-60% more then regular months.

Sales I'm guessing will start REVING up Begining to Mid November. And it ends like Dec 23.

Christmas shopping??? Some people shop all year my friend. I'm thinking more so right after halloween. That's when Normal offline shops start pushing their items.

"Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open." Thomas Dewar

That's HUGE

I would never have thought that there would be THAT much increase over a 3 month period.

Cheers, and thanks for the info!

A Good Friend will come bail you out of jail, but a True Friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn, That Was Fun!!"

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I have only gone through one xmas period and sales picked up considerably.
    Best part is they remained up over pre xmas sales afterwards too
    This year will be interesting no doubt
    Would be more fun if the networks were to enforce ongoing issues more.
    Some of my logs are picking up search terms relating to ornaments etc and some products already. The main crunch is still to start

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

Walleye,
    Do you think the post-Christmas has anything to do with gift certificates (or cash envelopes) or end of the year/holiday bonus $$?

Already seeing the tree trimmings, huh!?!?

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I don't know what set it off
    The sales kept coming.
    It may have just been my work to get pages more up to speed, better optimized, I don't know for sure. I also have more pages up now.
    As time goes by more is learned about this industry and we evolve what we do. It pays off, unfortunately not as fast as I like. That first million is still a long ways off but we continue to see more and more growth each month.
    Persistence, learning more from here and other places and hard work (working smarter) is most likely the real reason long term.

More indies and other less parasitic programs or networks are also now in place, in case the dreaded thought of hijacked sales happens as I anticipate based on seeing more non compliance and complaints in here.
    I had a major spike in a search term for valentines day. I really hope it takes off for the xmas season too which may help.

Yep we put up a page of collectible ornaments. Started to see a few search results lead to it.
    Since I ranted at their AM about payment problems, figured I should throw a page up for all the whining and complaining I did to her about it.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread