Some of you may not agree but this is my opinion and I believe the benefits as the following keep that in mind!

1. webpage creating: improves grammar and typing skills and writing skills.
    2. Is the business world.

3. Making money with knowledge and creative ways

4. Hmm more fun then going to school for 20 years + and it improves your educational skills with better results and pays better then a regular job, less stress and no boss!.

5. A better problem solver benefit then public schooling classes! feel free to add to the list!

6. oops forgot one. Addiction of finding what's going on around the world (news) etc.

Edited: in reflection to Heyders Post..
    xtremeshopping.org: making a difference all over the world!

[This message was edited by jasonco12 on August 29, 2003 at 01:17 PM.]

"2. Prepares for you to get into the business world."

Um it is the business world

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I add in a few guidelines and simple goals for Jason. Like most computer H/W & S/W resellers I actually lacked the computer skills my thousands of endusers acquired by having to use them daily. No longer the case as I've had to have these skills as I moved from consulting on web site development into actually making web sites.

Here's my 2 tips where all your efforts should be focused Jason. Both will not only make it easy to build out a nice showcase affiliate site but will open up the revenue to take on building sites for others in your local.

1. I own and have used at least 10 HTML editing programs. You need to learn and master only ONE. Microsoft FrontPage.

2. I have copies and have used over 20 Graphics programs. You need to own and master only ONE. PaintShop pro.

Forget college or computer store classes on web development or the basics of even building a computer system ( 30 minute assembly job able to be done by a 5th grade dropout with one philips #2 screwdriver). They don't even touch on what you have asquired. Limited knowledge about ebiz plans which mirror the merchants real world business. Cut to the chase and learn the above 2 programs and have fun doing it.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Frontpage? <shivers>

Javi

-------------
    build, build, build, build...

1. I own and have used at least 10 HTML editing programs. You need to learn and master only ONE. Microsoft FrontPage.

2. I have copies and have used over 20 Graphics programs. You need to own and master only ONE. PaintShop pro.

I have frontpage and photoshop.. Hopefully since I"m quitting safeway I can and will be successful when I have more time! No college for me. I learned more online from you and abw then I did in education(high school, etc) Cool!

ABW Ambassador
    Dreamweaver is the best

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Jason ...Photoshop to use it properly reguires a college course. PSP does all you'll even need for web graphics with great tips on usage at www.jasc.com

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Agree with the PhotoShop, not with FP. It ads too much unnecessary junk in the code.

YOURsoft affiliate software
    Join YOURsoft "affiliate program for affiliate software"!

EcomCity.com - okay I'll check it out. (www.jasc.com)
    Thanks,

Jason

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>not with FP. It ads too much unnecessary junk in the code.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Agreed. If you master Dreamweaver you master wysiwyg editors, even though I think FP is easy to use, I don't even recommend it to newbies.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>1. webpage creating: improves grammar and typing skills and writing skills.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Reading is better for writing and grammar.

The above post may contain traces of nuts.

Dreamweaver rocks.

Another tip, learn another programming language besides just html.

I have a feeling html's days are numbered.
    Plus, limiting your pages to only html limits what you can do with your webpage.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Ok Folks about the Frontpage and Paintshop Pro. I own both and now I don't use either much anymore. I now use Softquad's HotMetal 6.0 and Ulead PhotoImpact 8.0. These two programs are quick and cost efficient. They can do as well as Dreamweaver and Photoshop anyday without the steep learning curve too.

Luke

Bop Til You Drop

I love HotMetal Pro.. it handles tables so much better and is so much faster than Dreamweaver which I also own. Sad thing is HotMetal is dead.
    Spend your time learning Photoshop. It is what they use out in the world and if you start doing sites for others it helps to be able to use the same format that their other advertising files are in. Can paintshop open layered Photoshop files?

Macromedia Fireworks is the best program for web graphics. The software was developd specifically for web graphics. Photoshop is best for print graphics but has slowly transformed to be web graphic friendly too. Firworks is the web graphics software tool to use and is much easier and much less expensive than Photoshop and works seamlessly with Dreamweaver and Flash and doesn't take three days to load and isn't a hog on your machine. Don't get me wrong, I adore Photoshop too but if I had to choose one program for web graphic work it would be Fireworks MX.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Dreamweaver for me!

I got Photoshop last year. It's overkill for web graphics, IMO, and does have a steep learning curve! Like Mike said, taking a course probably would help!! But I love playing with photos in photoshop. To get decent results, though, takes practice.

As for web graphics/logos, I'm going to hire someone to do my next batch. I like playing with pix but I just hate making logos!

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Um it is the business world<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought its a highly addictive computer game.
    You mean it is for real??!!

Feels more like a game than work or biz anyway

Parasites are thieves. What are you going to do about it?

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread