Does anyone else get a high amount of reversals with Globat? I’ve had 6 out of 7 reversed in the last few weeks due to ‘invalid credit card’. I anticipate that the seventh one, the most recent sale, will probably be reversed as well any day now too.

A word of caution for other affiliates; I was previously thinking of signing up for a hosting account with Globat for myself but had a couple questions that I needed to put to them beforehand. The email reply that I received back from their sales department addressed my questions but it also contained their own affiliate link which they invited me to click on to get my account set up immediately. Surely this means that if an affiliate sends them a customer that has a question then the referring affiliates cookie will get overwritten when the customer clicks on Globats own affiliate link in the return email!

After my first three reversals I emailed to politely ask them to double check that there wasn’t a mistake with the reversals and why they had put their own affiliate link in the email. They replied but completely ignored my question about their own link. They did however ask for the transaction details, saying they would look in to the matter, and also wanted to know which domain names were signed up for those accounts. I gave them the transaction numbers from CJ, but how am I supposed to know the domain names unless it was a friend or myself that had signed up? Anyway they never got back to me again despite a couple of courteous reminders. Is this a scam? I guess they know that if you do know the domain names then you would be in a position to call their bluff and they would pay up claiming there was a mistake in the system. If you don’t know the domain names or the people that signed up for the account, they know they can just reverse the sale and there is little that the affiliate can do about it.

Anyway, I’m pulling the plug on them. Other affiliates be on your guard!

Thanks for the heads-up BaliMan! Seems to me that they are trying to stiff their affiliates out of commissions. I actually have never had a sale for them so I wouldn't be able to comment on reversals. I think iPowerweb is good - I've had quite a few signups and have always received my commissions. In fact, I chose them as the hosting company for my own websites and find them pretty reliable. I hope you manage to sort things out with Globat but you are probably right to drop them. After what you have said, I might just do the same.

ABW Ambassador
    Ive had about a dozen or so sales with them in the past year(?) and have never had a reversal.

ABW Ambassador
    I've only had 1 sale, and it has not been reversed.

i have never ever had a reversal from them.

but i am going to see if they send me an affiliate link to click.
    dave

Update!

You are not correct in your assumption.

I did what you did.

I clicked on my affiliate link and then sent the sales team a question.

The reply from the sales team did have a link, but not an affiliate link.

This is a copy of the reply from Globat Sales Team
    quote:
    Thank you for your interest in Globat.com, Web Hosting Made Easy® We can get you up live on the web today!

For quicker assistance, I am available toll-free at 877-245-6228 x240 M-F 7am-5pm PDT, or I am on the Live Chat from our home page, www.globat.com, M-F 7am-5pm PDT. Just click on the "Live Chat" button.

Platform FreeBSD martinique.globat.com 4.8-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE #0: Wed May i386

Web Server Server version: Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) Server built: Nov 11 2003 16:53:18

PHP 4.3.4
    MySQL 4.0.13
    PERL v5.8.0 built for i386-freebsd
    phpMyAdmin 2.5.0

Are you ready to get started, with a bonus free month added to your contract? (Annual or Biennial plans only) Please click this link:

http://c.globat.com/click.cgi?rid=rich_oct

Then, click the "Buy Now" button. On page 2, the coupon code is: richard

That will add the month free automatically (e.g. 13 months instead of 12)

Thanks, Richard
    sales@globat.com
    Web Hosting Made Easy®
    www.Globat.com

The url that you might be referring to is
    http://c.globat.com/click.cgi?rid=rich_oct

this does track but it will not overwrite the affiliate cookie.

After i received the reply from globat i clicked the http://c.globat.com/click.cgi?rid=rich_oct link and purchased a hosting package.

A few minutes later i received credit for the sale.

Now i need to cancel the order

BTW you should not make accusations without testing.
    dave

11 sales and 1 reversal yesterday, not too bad.

Our sales links have never overwritten affiliate cookies, but since so many of you were concerned about this we changed the way our in-house sales reps are now helping prospects. For the better part of 2005 Globat.com's sales staff has no longer used tracking links to direct prospects to our order form, but they are using coupon codes (to ensure they AND our affiliates are getting properly commisisoned).

Scott
    www.globat.com

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread