Hi,
    how I can get DATAFEED from some merchant on cj?
    On shareasale I can download DATAFEED from SAS site!

thanks

The datafeeds on CJ are not free, that's why you aren't seeing them.

I'm sure other people in here will be able to give you some more details...

Regards,
    Breezing

try a search here at abestweb you will be sure to find lots of information.

There is also information reagarding datafeeds in CJ's Help section take a peek there.

quote:
    Originally posted by chriscrm:

There is also information reagarding datafeeds in CJ's Help section take a peek there.

Hi, Can you please tell me exactly how to find this in CJ as I went through all the help section and did a search but found nothing on datafeeds?

Also is it possible to get a free private feed from merchants?

thanks rAd

I went to contact them, asked for feed access, they responded, I followed directions and I got it.
    The $200 was subtracted right from my comissions.
    They try to limit you to 5 merchants, I said for $200 I want ALL of them-and I get them.

Most merchants with private feeds can be found here, I do about 30 all together.

Internet Cowboy
    They only limit you to five initially.
    I get the CJ feed and have LOTS of merchants in there.
    It is well worth the $200 if you are going to use it right.
    Once you get it, you simply use AAQ to add merchants to it. You send the request, 48 hours later, there they are.

Ms. Woodtick,

Quick question, I do not have $200 in commissions in my account. Would I recieve a -$200 balance or would I need a credit card?

quote:

Quick question, I do not have $200 in commissions in my account. Would I recieve a -$200 balance or would I need a credit card?

I'm wondering the same thing.

They take it out of your commissions, I don't know if you just owe that much and they take it until it's paid or if you have to wait till you have enough.
    I've been an affiliate there for 2 years, it's only recently I learned how to do datafeeds, and I had enough in account.
    (ooooooo, it hurt when it came out! I must say tho, I got it back)

I never get my new merchants till the next week's update. Gee.

Internet Cowboy
    They will let your balance go into the red if you don't have the money in your account to cover the cost of the datafeed.
    I thought that was very cool of CJ to do it that way.

Where is the address to sign up for the datafeed? I sent an email early yesterday requesting the info and have not recieved anything yet.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    They try to limit you to 5 merchants, I said for $200 I want ALL of them-and I get them.

Yeah the "5" deal is pretty ridiculous, whether you are paying the fee or not. Though most of us could never possibly get around to using all of them, we certainly need ACCESS to all of them.

They do "customize" your request though. I would suggest asking for "all-except-catalog-city".

quote:
    Where is the address to sign up for the datafeed?

Go through the "contact us" link, then "ask a question" with a subject of "linking>product linking" and ask for datafeed access. Then they'll ask you to reply with your format preference, access preference (FTP or other options), and which merchants you want included.

Hi,
    Is there a way around the 5 merchant limit. Scohaz posted that they only try to limit it to 5 initially, but they add merchants when you ask them. Has anyone else done this? $200 is pretty expensive for feeds, but if used right, they could really help. Any help would be appreciated.

Now only 5 merchant
    I sent question to cj about data feed and they don`t want allow to me access to more then 5 merchant data feed, $200 is much for only 5 merchant...why now

The datafeeds on CJ are not free, but a number of the merchants offer free datafeeds outside of CJ. We do this for all of our publishers, basically you just need to contact the merchant directly and asked them for a datafeed. If they do not do this then there is no loss, but if they will work with you then you have just saved yourself a lot of money.

Hope this helps.

Amanda Hayes

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I think they add more after you've shown that you can work with the 5 effectively.

As for the fee, to the best of my knowledge you can still get the CJ Feed free if you make over $10k/month in sales (not commissions).

quote:
    a number of the merchants offer free datafeeds outside of CJ.

True, but then you have to deal with all their individual quirkies. But if $200 is a big amount, it may be the way to go until you hit the $10k sales/month mark.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Hello x-man,

You should also feel free to contact the merchants you are especially interested in working with to see if they will offer you an external datafeed.

Thanks to a couple of ABW'ers, we are now rolling out an external datafeed for our stores.
    Best,

David Rogers
    Sr. Manager, E-Commerce
    New Line Cinema
    212 649-4900
    NewLineShop.com
    WBShop.com
    TheOCInsiderShop.com

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread