What do I need to do to acquire this permission? thanks.

Good One Mr. Sal

How about it’s none of your darned business, why not chat people up and get to know them unless you are a spammer and trying to pull emails.

If you’re a spammer GET READY FOR THE SLAM!

I have been lurking here for several months after reading about the board on another board I lurk at. I finally registered today solely because I wished to view the profile of a member who seems to be quite successful to see if she has a URL in it; I would like to see her site(s) to see what works for her.

hi = hawaii
    lisaweb = lisa weber, my full name.

If I can't view profiles until X happens, could someone please tell me what X is. I asked here since this forum is titled newbie faqs.

If I can't view profiles until something magical or arbitrary happens, please let me know that also and I will go back to lurking.

thank you.

Lisaweb,

The answer is that only moderators can see profiles and in any event my profile is only what I am prepared to allow them to see. Not much!

As you would have seen from the wonderful welcome we have here to new members there is a slight sense of paranoia on the board.

If you look more carefully at SandraR's response you will see that her signature includes some of her sites she is happy for people to look at. You will see this on other peoples posts from time to time. So although she says 'its none of your darned business' she is actually happy for anyone to have a good look at those sites.

Oh I forgot... Welcome to the board!

thank you Gary. I was thinking that the profiles were an extension of the signatures like they are at other sites. I did not realize they were the private information I input when I registered.

I can understand the paranioa

ABW Ambassador
    Don't sweat it Lisa. In most cases there isn't any other information in the profile anyway.

It's not paranoia

Hi Lisa. Welcome to ABW!

As already mentioned, most members won't have much in their profiles anyway. There have been a few site copiers lurking around here from time to time, and most members prefer to not share their site information for that reason.

It's always helpful to view other sites and garner ideas from them, as long as you don't copy them. Unfortunately, there have been too many times when others have decided it was OK to just copy another's site.

I'm sure you'll agree this isn't the way to be successful in this business.

Spend some time reading the various posts at ABW, you'll find most of the information you need to answer almost any question.

Andy

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> As already mentioned, most members won't have much in their profiles anyway. There have been a few site copiers lurking around here from time to time, and most members prefer to not share their site information for that reason.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the board.

Too bad you didn't get a warmer reception

I like to look at profiles too. If you find someone that you find interesting, sometimes you just want to learn more about them. So I know what you mean. But I can't look at them either and I often wondered why too.

The paranoia is unfortunately a disease of the net. The are so many scammers out there that you just don't know who to trust sometimes. And with you posting here for the first time, you're not a known regular. (neither am I for that matter)

Hopefully you'll post some more and we'll all get to know you better.

Ken

ABW Ambassador
    Welcome to this forum Lisa

As you can see from a lot of the member names, they don't even use their real name, so it is not surprising that they will not offer any other information.

I am a lot happier when I can 'talk' to someone on here when I actually know their name

HI lisa... Welcome to ABW....

now that you have recieved you "warm" welcome...

If you want to know more about a member send them an Private Message ask your question(s)
    and take it from there...

if you stick around.. you will learn what it takes to be successful... you will also get lots of ideas that you can put your twist on and make them yours....

MY bio is..

I am from cyberspace i am 550+ posts old...
    I can only be reached by PM because I don't really exist...

JOe

&gt;&gt;PS&gt;&gt; the truth really is I am a guest of the federal goverment...so I come here for a bit of sanity
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Welcome Lisa. If your cute, like dancing and taking bird baths I'll exchange photos if you can figure out which of the split personality is typing.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Hi Lisa

I should seriously consider Mike's offer, it might be one of the more interesting you'll receive around here...

Yep, we're all paranoid. And you're a self-confessed double-lurker...

I'm from... not Hawaii.

Gloomy old London Town.

And Welcome!

ABW Ambassador
    My real name is Jeff Bezos.

Many have called my site the new Wal-Mart

I am the biggest merchant and affiliate on the net

Lisa

Don't worry about Trust

He's only 8 years old, bless him...

A warm welcome Miss Lisa

The drill is good for the newbie! It makes you tough and strong! Hang in there they don't really bite! But if they do... Bite them back! lol...

Again welcome read as much as you can and you will get the idea! :-)

PM those that you want to ask some private question, they might answer you, but again they might not!

That is the only way you gonna know more about the person you want more information.

Again welcome and enjoy!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

SandraR,
    I look at some of your sites...
    May I ask you which mod you used to import datafeed? Do you use any other mods on the sites besides the importer? If so, what they are?

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    We've all done the same thing when we first got here...

Read a post we liked and said "Well Mike seems to not have a clue, but that Charlie really knows his stuff". Wonder what his site looks like.

Then we clicked on the View Profile link and got the "You're not worthy of viewing" message.

Haiko, why don't you change the default message to "Only merchants have access to this feature" and it would end the confusion.

Just a thought... but a logical one!

PS: The Parasite T-Shirt arrived today. Way cool. Was gonna' give it to my son, but we may have to thumb wrestle for it.

How do we send PMs to people without seeing their profile? (Since I cannot see.)

I'd like to send some .
    That's why I need the info about sending PMs. Don't ever think that I'm just a n00b that got lost on the site like Lisa.

What should I understand from this post? Enlighten my world please.

Have you compared the post times of the two messages? First one is posted on September 15, 2003. And the second one on this topic is July 06, 2004.

You can calculate the difference between two given times, right?

And my comment about not being lost on the site was just an ironic joke.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Hi guys - I'm a newbie too so please bear with me here...

Quote: "Haiko, why don't you change the default message to "Only merchants have access to this feature" and it would end the confusion."

I'm on the merchant side of things... I can't view them either... am I missing something and/or confused (wouldn't be the first time)?

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread