some may know from my prev posts that I have done some aggressive and wallet shrinking ppc marketing on overture, adwords, and bcentral...

I have seen a big increase on my site, and especially on my summer promo page. click thru rates are ok for the summer promo... and im sure with the amount of visits that I have to have at least one friggin sale..

I tried to make it easy for me by using 2 main affil networks (Performics, and linkshare) so that I can easily track em ... but both networks
    show extremly high impressions, reasonable ctr's but my commission bin is still empty...

am I just not cut out for this?? I work 50hr weeks, get paid enough to feed my family, but so far, I havent seen a profit. its like Im doing this to spend money that I dont have.. I see everyones success and wonder if I'm just bieng cheated...

As a note... when I get the product links,, I usually delete every 1x1 pixle gif file... (Heard that some SE's consider this spam or not good..) but do the networks use these 1x1 images to track sales?? (shouldnt, they should use the cookies) is there a way I can find out if a parasite is stealing my sales??

I really need help folks.. Im on the verge of insanity and homelessness (really)

ABW Ambassador
    Are you sending the PPC traffic to Hunidproof or directly to the merchant's site?

in all my campaigns the keywords are linked directly to my product pages... eg: grill, barbecue, weber gas grill all point to http://www.hunidproof.com/promo/summer1.html

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Verbalkent:
    in all my campaigns the keywords are linked directly to my product pages... eg: grill, barbecue, weber gas grill all point to http://www.hunidproof.com/promo/summer1.html <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the problem is when you send a visitor to a page via PPC, that visitor is looking for a specfic product... showing six plus products is deluting the focus of the PPC campaign. and what ever the visitor is looking for
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

ABW Ambassador
    That's the bottom line, and it's a heck of a lot more than 2 cents.

The keywords listed where just random words I typed in to give a grasp of what im using, I have a post the site review section where I recieved valuable info about keywords and the google adwords system, I have every keyword linked to a specific page, (Keywords are actual product tiltes, ie: weber touch n go gas grill) but since I remain open to all input, I have created specific pages to a specific product line. like a page with only grill,s a page with only bar accessories, etc..

I still think that with all my clicks, and ctr's (there at least going further than just one page, and with click tracks analyzer it shows that over half of the visitors click thru all of my summer promo pages as well as other sections of the site.) then I should have generated at LEAST one sale, just by sheer numbers alone.. but wait,, I also know that affil marketing isnt a numbers game per se, meaning that a person can have a page with pretty pictures, get thousands of clicks per day, and not make one sale becuase the content and descriptions are lacking or not there, so I once again am open to all input and advice, and no critisism or advice falls on deaf ears here, I have takin every suggestion and implemented them onto the pages. and I truelly thank you all for that,,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chief_Bobbit:
    Are you sending the PPC traffic to Hunidproof or directly to the merchant's site? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi...

I was interested as well in this topic and I became curious as to why thie question of the PPC going directly to the merchant or elsewhere. Most of my PPC I have targeted to a specific item on the merchants site directly. I have found this to be veryeffective. Is there any problems that I might need to be aware of using this method of PPC?

Thanks
    Steven &lt;airstrip maller&gt;
    The best things in life are not things at all...

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread