Hi all.
    I found a "fly-in" window script.

I want to be able to have it display when a visitor clicks to leave my page, and offer them a chance to join my newsletter (don't have one yet-but want to learn how to set one up)

Does anyone know of any good tutorials about exactly HOW to set up a mailing list, and how to create a newsletter for the list?

(I also want to learn about setting up autoresponders too, but that's for another post. My brain can absorb just so much information. That damn "the lion sleeps tonight" song is stuck in my head tonight, and won't get out! Aaaaarrrggghhhh!)

And, any pointers on how to display the "join my newsletter" form in the fly-in window would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Rick K.
    "Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't...You're right!" -Henry Ford-

Smile This is my first post :)
    Hi Rick,

You want to use a "fly-in" window script. It seems like so called Pop-Under script, I guess. And probably, it is written in JavaScript plus using some DHTML codes.

Usually they work with <body> tag's OnLoad trigger but you may use it with OnUnLoad cause you want it to show off while visitors leaving your page. In my opinion it is very annoying...

About Newsletter, I advise you to embed a free "search: Join Our Newsletter Box script" form codes in your "fly-in" DHTML window script.

If you have subscribers, then you may think to run a "search: mailling script" which sends your newsletter daily,weekly etc.

Good Luck

P.S: These scripts will be working server side, make sure you have windows or linux hosting platforms.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread